Game-Labs Forum

Rattlesnake

@admin I would suggest making the generic rattlesnake, i.e. the real rattlesnake, either craftable or a DLC. The reason for this is: It has little to no real value ingame, it's one of the most beautifull 6th rates in the game and I think it's a shame it has become so rare. Due to it's limited utility it is rarely used by those who has it and it's rarity makes little sense to me.

It's a great ship for new players to start off in, it doesn't req a whole lot of crew and in a hunting group it actually gives the player in the rattle a role as a tagger which means newbs has a easily fullfilled role in a hunting group. As I see it it's a perfect beginners ship and it used to be cheap to craft so it didn't matter to the player that lost it.

If you're not interested in making it craftable again, then make it a DLC that we can see more of one of the most beautifull models ingame.

Regards Lars Kjaer

I agree. It's a very useful low-level PVP ship. Fast with bow chasers, but still balanced: not absurdly tough or well armed. I have always thought ship-sloops would be perfect in this game, alas we only really have one not counting the Herc- the heavy version. 

• Like 1

They will be good scouts and keep their niche as excellent trade raiders, even faced with Indiamans.

While a Endymion seems like a better choice - and it is indeed way more lethal - not everyone plays for meta.

Unrated vessels are a niche since long ago :) 

• Like 1

Rattlesnake is a gem.

I bought some from players as there is no other way of acquiring her after you used your own tutorial reward. I dared to challenge up to NPC Indefatigables in Rattlesnake, which is a very hard but managable fight when you know how to make the best of her speed and turnrate. So yes, I'd welcome very much this great ship being craftable.