Game-Labs Forum

Requesting recommendations for headphones for Naval action

Ortac

I've tried some conventional over-ear headphones whilst operating in Teamspeak, but simply don't feel comfortable.

I'm looking for recommendations for some sensibly priced lightweight headphones/earphones with built-in microphone, wired or wireless.

Any advice would be welcome.

Many thanks.

I recommend a microphone and 2.1 PC speakers for games like NA where you dont need to locate enemies through sound like in CS. You have nothing on the head and your voice quality is better. Also if somethign breaks you only need to replace that part while with headset you usually have to get new ones.

In case you want to stick to a headset would be good to know which one you tried and why you didnt felt comfortable with it.

also dropping this here

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4nabvv/gaming_audio_and_you_why_995_of_gaming_headsets/

Edited by Ganking Simulator

Get yourself a good set of headphones, seinheisser or something like that and then get a separate mic that you can clip on or move out of the way.  

Gaming headsets are trash and usually over priced.  

If you’re like me, I can’t use anything but open back cans.  Closed back or noise canceling sounds weird   

This is what use, minus the pop filter  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WRMZZ45/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NXYwCbF40BCRS

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3TMY12/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JYYwCb9FMA4S0

Can recommend Logitech G35

Had been using my first pair for about 2 years, til it fell once too many times and broke. Then tried the cordless version of Logitech (cant remember the exact name, G9...something) but didnt like the much worse sound.

Then switched back to the g35. Been using my second pair for about 4 years now.

22 minutes ago, Liq said:

Can recommend Logitech G35

Had been using my first pair for about 2 years, til it fell once too many times and broke. Then tried the cordless version of Logitech (cant remember the exact name, G9...something) but didnt like the much worse sound.

Then switched back to the g35. Been using my second pair for about 4 years now.

Yeah I heard that the g9 had poor sound. Thats why I got the g533. Better battery life and sound. 

The G933 is the best headset I have ever owned. I know it costs alot of money but I need surround sound headsets. Most affordable good surround sound headsets are wired but after ripping the wires of 3-4 100 euro headsets because I stood up and the cable got caught somewhere I decided to spend a bit more on wireless with actual good sound quality. It is also the first headset I have owned so far that did not give me ear pain after a 10 hour gaming session. Last but not least is TS. Everyone says this headset is quite good on TS. Me sounding like a cunt has nothing to do with the headset. I simply am one. Sometimes its better to invest a bit more money into a headset and it really is the only one I can recommend. Anyway, if it is out of your current buget Logitech is the brand to go to.  The only problem I see with the 933 is that the lights are pointless. You cannot see them and they use more battery. Turn them off right away. 

On 2/6/2019 at 4:03 PM, HachiRoku said:

The only problem I see with the 933 is that the lights are pointless. You cannot see them and they use more battery. Turn them off right away. 

Hence why I suggest the g533. Many reviews state the battery life is less on the 933 in comparison with the 533 and apart from the lights there is little improvement in quality. I have found that Logitechs are very reliable and durable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Velhelm Von Marrius said:

Hence why I suggest the g533. Many reviews state the battery life is less on the 933 in comparison with the 533 and apart from the lights there is little improvement in quality. I have found that Logitechs are very reliable and durable.

in most cases true. There have been cases of people complaining about 933 being broken out of the box. I dont understand why they then go ahead of spamming a 1 star review and not returning it for a new one. Anyway.... Logitechs are without a doubt the best headsets but when it comes to mic quality in gaming headsets its the higher end ones people need to go for. I would assume the 533 would be included in higher end but i have no idea about it :) 

7 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

in most cases true. There have been cases of people complaining about 933 being broken out of the box. I dont understand why they then go ahead of spamming a 1 star review and not returning it for a new one. Anyway.... Logitechs are without a doubt the best headsets but when it comes to mic quality in gaming headsets its the higher end ones people need to go for. I would assume the 533 would be included in higher end but i have no idea about it :) 

They are also in most cases reasonably priced unlike Turtle Beaches or Tritons for an example.