Game-Labs Forum

52 Gun Frigate - Sirene

Hi

I'd like to request a ship that I a have fallen in love with since I saw her, she's an absolutely wonderful vessel and would be a joy to have in game. 

here she is, the name is Sirene according to the Royal Museum. 

The design of the figurehead would suggest a name such as ‘Nereide’ or ‘Sirene’, both of which are to be found among the frigates of this class in the first half of the 19th century. The former was, however, not launched until 1836, whereas the fleur-de-lys in the stern decoration is not possible after 1830. However, the mirror on the stern counter is more appropriate for the ‘Sirene’, which was built at Toulon in 1823. Measuring 171 feet along the waterline and a beam of 45 feet, she was the French flagship at the battle of Navarino in 1827. She later served as a troopship in the Russian war of 1854-55 and was eventually removed from the Royal Navy active list in 1861.

large.jpg

f7885-003.jpg

f7885-002.jpg

here she is, what a beauty.

I would love to see her in game.

• Like 7

A Beauty!  I wouldn't mind a nice trim French girl in the game.   ;)

I'm afraid it might not make the cutoff though, as far as I'm aware no ships built after 1820 are going to be in the game.  So this one being from 1823 might be pushing it.  Or I could be wrong about the cutoff date.

Either way... a beautiful ship.

I hope they at least consider her, She is a pure french ship, and I for one would love the chance to sail her around the world of Naval action. My hope anyway is that they add many more ships to this game, not only fighting vessels but Traders, whalers, smugglers and patrol boats etc. 

I just really want this one :D

So this one being from 1823 might be pushing it.  Or I could be wrong about the cutoff date.

Either way... a beautiful ship.

1670-1820 +-5  so fits even if i dislike the later frigates since they seme way over the top and can be seen as 4th rates 

everything above the 38gun leda feels like they where thinking we need more daka.

• Like 1

1670-1820 +-5  so fits even if i dislike the later frigates since they seme way over the top and can be seen as 4th rates 

everything above the 38gun leda feels like they where thinking we need more daka.

I understand what you mean about the higher amount of guns, but she's so pretty. I just want her because of that, screw guns lol I want her because she's gorgeous to look at. Besides, I could see her being a good match up for the Bellona. I hear she packs a punch, regardless of the fact that she handles like a bus.

I'm looking to purchase Naval action this week, but with Paypal being a bunch of asses I'm looking at a wait.

• 3 weeks later...

It's certainly a pretty model. I know that it is just within the timeframe but I would prefer ships a tad more in the middle of that timeline. I agree with mirones in that latter frigates are essentially fourth rates. Having latter frigates or ships for that matter would create some rather severe balancing issues.

• 1 year later...