Game-Labs Forum

Got doubloons for sinking my own fleet ship

z4ys

1 hour ago, admin said:

NPC ships can drop sailor salaries .

cant you just explain how the mechanics in the game should work instead of speaking in codes? Its impossible to know what to give feedback on and correct feedback if there are no clear answer.

1 minute ago, Wyy said:

cant you just explain how the mechanics in the game should work instead of speaking in codes? Its impossible to know what to give feedback on and correct feedback if there are no clear answer.

Admin confirmed that all player AI ships can drop doubloons. Regardless if enemy or friendly. 

7 minutes ago, Wyy said:

All NPC ships may drop dubloons. Means a NPC you attack in the OW, means your own fleet NPC that gets sunk/captured, or a player NPC fleet ship that gets sunk/captured, etc

All NPC ships may drop "crew pay" in form of dubloons. May means exactly that - not guaranteed.

6 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

All NPC ships may drop dubloons. Means a NPC you attack in the OW, means your own fleet NPC that gets sunk/captured, or a player NPC fleet ship that gets sunk/captured, etc

All NPC ships may drop "crew pay" in form of dubloons. May means exactly that - not guaranteed.

ty for a direct answer

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

The question is: is sinking free and spare dlc AI ships for doubloons considered feature or exploit?

Due to the lowered droprate it would be the most ineffective of exploits. I fail to see the problem as those who might try it would learn there are other and much faster, easier and better ways of trading reals for doubloons.

11 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Due to the lowered droprate it would be the most ineffective of exploits. I fail to see the problem as those who might try it would learn there are other and much faster, easier and better ways of trading reals for doubloons.

Currently we have 2 dlc ships so I agree. But what if we get more?

17 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Ah, yes. Forgot about that. Still wouldn't be a massive doubloon machine. What's the harm in a tiny trickle?

One harm is that it sends false signals to players. Why nobody reports bugs? Because they stay and get named feature. Like the mod duplicating that was viewed by some as feature. 

Even it's a chance it's an unfair advantage for no dlc users. Small but it is. That's what some even call doublestandard.

• Like 1