Game-Labs Forum

Pre-Orders stopped - because Paypal

This is why so many people complain about you only going through paypal. With the exception of their "fraudulent charge" investigations (which most people won't have to ever use), paypal is nothing but trouble for us users.

I'll do my part and send an email, though. I'll even be nice and not use profanity.

Glad I purchased a mere few days ago, before this fiasco happened.

FYI From my dealings with paypal on the personal side, not business related... they have ZERO obligation to act in a fair and impartial manner. They can choose to simply close the whole account tomorrow and keep all the money. I still use paypal because it is simply convenient and widely accepted, but read the TOS.... they are not a bank, they're a business.

That being said I hope this gets cleared up ASAP in favor of you fine developers, and even better yet hasten the move to Steam!

The funny part about this situation is I've been following Star Citizen closely since it was announced, and paypal has no problem taking a cut of the millions being made on that game. Even though all they have to show for it so far is a buggy as hell hanger demo

Literally signed up to vent my frustration (at paypal). 

Darn it, was all set and worked up to get this, then BAM: this happens.

Is there anywhere we can go to check for updates on this situation? will it be posted here?

Cheers and hello Naval Action community! 

I'm sure this thread will be updated when/if there is a paypal resolution, or a different workaround is established.  They're missing customers...

I would guess someone complained about paying and not getting an acknowledgement and/or their key for a few days to a week.  Have to admit, if they had been more responsive this wouldn't have happened.  Don't blame paypal, though I dislike 'middle-man' leeches like that...

The funny part about this situation is I've been following Star Citizen closely since it was announced, ... Even though all they have to show for it so far is a buggy as hell hanger demo

Closely?  Did you miss the Arena Commander then???

Yes, thus far SC has more than an active hype-machine, and I would rather see less of our 'pledge' money spent on that.  Otherwise it will be the BDSSOT...

• Like 1

Closely?  Did you miss the Arena Commander then???

I will admit, thus far SC has more than enough hype and I would rather see less of our 'pledge' money spent on that.  Otherwise it will be the BDSSOT...

A little off topic, but you're right, it's more than a hanger demo. It's a buggy as hell deathmatch :)

The point of my comment was the favoritism exhibited by paypal, they obviously would rather have a peice of $70 million, than whatever Game Labs is pulling in

• Like 1

Literally signed up to vent my frustration (at paypal). 

Darn it, was all set and worked up to get this, then BAM: this happens.

Is there anywhere we can go to check for updates on this situation? will it be posted here?

Cheers and hello Naval Action community! 

Pretty much this, would love an update, and hello Community =)

Hello everyone.. 

Thanks to your efforts we have been contacted by Paypal and the situation is being resolved right now. It will take some time but there is light now in the end of the tunnel. 

We appreciate your help and comments. We will not let you down.

• Like 21

Ihre E-Mail wurde gesendet. 

wow im a lucky boy ^^ and got the game Jan 5 

Got mine late night on Jan 9th, good thing I decided to do it then instead of waiting for the next morning like I was planning.  Glad to hear it is being resolved though

Hello everyone.. 

Thanks to your efforts we have been contacted by Paypal and the situation is being resolved right now. It will take some time but there is light now in the end of the tunnel. 

Splendid news, jolly old boy! Hurray! *raises glass*

Hello everyone.. 

Good news, thanks for the update!

Well I have made my contribution to the cause......never been a fan of PayPal, but never had a problem with them either. I tend to only use them for minor transactions where it is more convenient than digging out a credit card. The other thing I would like to say is........WELL DONE THE NA COMMUNITY!!!!   Awesome response on here in barely 48 hours...this thread alone should be evidence enough to convince PayPal of their egregious error (I actually used that in my e-mail .... Egregious (OED Meaning: Outstandingly Bad, Shocking). 

Hopefully NA can get up and running on Steam sooner rather than later.

KEEP THE FAITH NA...we are with you................