Game-Labs Forum

Community discord server

25 minutes ago, Rickard said:

there already exists an NA discord server with about 60 to 100 members... dont know who is the admin tho.

No point reinventing the wheel.  Can someone post up a link here, please.

And is there a way to use discord so it is not integrated into my whole computer.  When I installed discord it gathered info about all the games I owned.  TS3 seems to be a stand alone application.

Edited by Macjimm

See, that's why I DON'T like Discord. It's free, so every 12-year old thinks they need to set up their own server, so you end up with hundred different servers, all having the same topic.

While Discord certainly is good for text based communication because of it's features, I prefer Teamspeak for voice comms.

Edited by Batman
  • Like 8

Mr Snutel,

It didn't sound like The Batman was calling you a kid, he was making a point that there is a glut of servers.

Why not settle this, for all of us ... How old are you?

And respectfully, it would be appreciated if you stopped spamming the chat in game, with advertisements for the discord server you are flogging.

23 hours ago, Snutler said:

@Batman you can do the same on Discord...

Discord is great for just friendly chats and keeping folks up to date with text post, but when you need to have secure channels and reliable service the voice coms BLOWS specially when you start getting something like 25+ folks in one room.  Over the years we tried it and every time half way through a port battle it would go to crap on us.  Free doesn't always mean better after all.  LIke I said it's great for friendly chatting and such.  Hell we got the US nation on there so we can keep in touch with each other off game (I have discord on my phone) at all times.

14 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I know I know. I'm just saying. If Game-Labs endorsed one server it would make life a lot easier for all of us :D

Do we really want them on the Discord?   LOL

19 minutes ago, OjK said:

Isn't it funny that we are trying to create an outside platform for something that should be an integral part of the game itself? :P

Just about any game that I seen that has intergrate voice coms it blows an makes the game run like crap.  I prefer to keep it out of the game in more stream line apps like TS.

The discord is very professional, the permissions and security are setup the right way, as an admin you cannot see the text channels of nations you do not belong, it is setup to be secure.  Obviously if it is super sensitive info keep the info on your own national discords/teamspeak, but this is a great way for all nations to have a quick form of communication outside of the game for trading, setting up PVP and RVR/diplomacy.  So use it for what you need it for, it's already filling up with all nations and big names, it will be a good addition to NA and the global community!  Maybe you can reach out to someone you've been wanting to talk to a while more directly!  Enjoy.

• Like 1

Teamspeak is more useful for large groups using voice comms, but I still wish more people would use Discord. It's super annoying when I need to speak with an EU player, but I have no choice but to wait until they come online since that's the only time they get in the game or on teamspeak. With Discord I can just contact them anytime and they can respond on mobile. I always hear them telling me to hop on teamspeak. Well I would prefer not to have to pause whatever video or music I'm enjoying so I can browse through a long-ass list of channels trying to find a person and then wait several minutes for everyone else to stop talking so I can finally speak up. Sometimes teamspeak vs discord feels like calling vs texting. Texting is just cooler.

Edited by Latron