Game-Labs Forum

LGF refit

Such a nice ship, hardly usable because of the limit of 3 knowledge slots. 

I would suggest increase to five, i know being able to dock at any port is a huge advantage but you could contain that advantage somewhat, like this:

Attack on nation (player or npc) will make ports of that nation unaccessable for a period of time. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I agree, it has real potential as a trade raider but three knowledge slots somewhat limits its potential.

I don't think it's justified, that it only has 3 knowledge slots to be honest... even less so with the new doubloon price. It can enter enemy ports but it has a 90pd broadside - comparable to shallow ships ( niagara has exactly 90pd aswell but ability to swap it out for 320pd! carronades ) but on a less agile platform - a frigate. Also let's not forget that you can craft other frigates very cheap ( compared to the LGVR doubloon cost ) and have thus a much higher chance for even more additional slots.

LGV Refit 3/3, 4/3 or 5/3 with a lot of luck and / or massive doubloon cost

Comparable frigates 3/5 and with a bit of crafting 4/5 or 5/5

I would say on average you end up with a 3/3 LGV refit with 90pd broadside having to deal with 4/5 featuring much heavier broadsides.

Still a fun ship to go raiding traders but rather gimmicky than really potent and viable. I see no balance problem with giving it full knowledge slots. A captain of equal skill sailing a Belle Poule for example should have no problem dealing with a LGVR in a 1 vs 1, no matter of 3 or 5 slots. BP taken as example because the ships are very similar but the BP features more than double the broadside weight and higher turnrate. Another disadvantage of the LGVR is how its heel is ridiculous ( last time I played it anyways ) so there is always the risk of getting leaked to death without great caution.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, traitorous mctraitoro said:

A compromise 4 slots should even out its advantages and disadvantages 

1 Slot less for the ability to enter ports seems fair, I guess... still think 5 knowledge slots wouldn't be too good either.

• Like 1

The LGV is a unicorn ship, it can be really good vs other 5th rates as the ship constantly threatens the board. The swivel guns really work crew down after a couple of broadsides. Also its really good if you like going to enemy territory and not getting ganked after as you can just dock in their ports.

#Indiaman Refit

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Aster said:

The LGV is a unicorn ship, it can be really good vs other 5th rates as the ship constantly threatens the board. The swivel guns really work crew down after a couple of broadsides. Also its really good if you like going to enemy territory and not getting ganked after as you can just dock in their ports.

#Indiaman Refit

#wappen refit

• Like 1

My personal opinion LGV Refit can work as it is now. Even the 3 book limit allow to get a "decent" boardin' ship.

Obviously, being boarding so "book intensive", some choises have to be done.

IF we can get LGV refit still able to enter enemy ports (like any other trader) good: she'll be more able to fight off other frigates.

IF we can get the 4-5th books losing the ability to be a smuggler... let's keep the ship with 3 books: "do ut des" = less books but trade-ish too.

17 hours ago, traitorous mctraitoro said:

I'm still waiting for the galleon

Galleons' are way out ate if I remember right, though something big like that would be interesting.  POTBS while it ha classes did give the Crafter/Traders a big cargo/combat ship.  I wouln't even min if it was expensive to craft and under gun but with more carge, but something bigger would be nice.  IT's the only way I can see a 4th rate or above as a DLC also.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:53 AM, Ra Mhotep said:

I would suggest increase to five, i know being able to dock at any port is a huge advantage but you could contain that advantage somewhat, like this:

I believe all ships should be allowed 5 book slots, in my opinion, I should be able to fit whatever I want on a ship  to arm my crew or increase the effectiveness of said ship if I have the dabloons or reals to do so. All ships including traders should be allowed 5 slots for their own protection.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:28 AM, traitorous mctraitoro said:

I'm still waiting for the galleon

I think this would make a good DLC... The Olde Galleon.

It could have the cargo space of a La Gros Venture Refit, and mount a more formidable cannon layout,but would be very slow and lumbery..,. perhaps a short fat turning ship.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 1