Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - Port Interface, New missions, Streamlined economy, Insurance, New currencies.

admin

Just now, admin said:

You can only get compensation for buildings you had before the patch. I doubt you had this building before the patch. Several new buildings were introduced this patch - its in the patch notes. Forge did not exist before

Everyone received reals in the amount to open the wiped buildings. Reals were applied to your account. If you had a shipyard lvl 3 you also received 6k for every lvl 3 shipyard you had.

Only shipyard required doubloons and thats why people are talking about doubloons compensation (people who had shipyard). 

Again, excuse me.

You REMOVED my ability to craft the books/upgrades that I had before, and now I MUST open two new buildings that didn't exist before, just to get back to being able to craft what I ALREADY COULD.

How is that not screwing me over? You removed my ability to do something and are now selling it back to me at the cost of doubloons.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, admin said:

Everyone received reals in the amount to open the wiped buildings. Reals were applied to your account. If you had a shipyard lvl 3 you also received 6k for every lvl 3 shipyard you had.

To upgrade to lvl 3 shipyard now costs 90000 Reals so how is 6k compensation enough to replace a lvl 3 shipyard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I cannot see where the costs to reopen buildings was added to redeemables. I can only see the 2000 dubloons that everyone gets. To get my shipyard to level 2 now requires 1000 dubloons and the get it to level 3 requires 5000 dubloons, so I am still basically 4000 dubloons short and that is not counting the reals cost for the upgrade.

So they have said that by the end of the day most of us should be compensated for that AND buildings and such were compensated as reals (gold) rather than doubloons because that is what is required to open said buildings

12 minutes ago, Christendom said:

The main issue I see is almost all of the problems that have been expressed here in this thread are the same problems that were expressed in the "testing" threads we've been doing on the test realm for the past few weeks.  Did nothing change?  What was the point of the test realm if not to hammer out some of the issues before you patch.  

Every human thinks he is a center of the universe :) and it is true. 100s of key bugs were fixed because of testbed and lots of changes we applied BECAUSE players complained - brightest example - grid vs list view for warehouses. Based on player feedback. And it became better

If you continue diminishing our effort to listen and implement community feedback i will just remove you from the forums for constant whining.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Kartaugh said:

Again, excuse me.

You REMOVED my ability to craft the books/upgrades that I had before, and now I MUST open two new buildings that didn't exist before, just to get back to being able to craft what I ALREADY COULD.

How is that not screwing me over? You removed my ability to do something and are now selling it back to me at the cost of doubloons.

breath... its just a video game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Archaos said:

To upgrade to lvl 3 shipyard now costs 90000 Reals so how is 6k compensation enough to replace a lvl 3 shipyard.

90000 reals was also credited + 6k is in doubloons which was also credited.
what are you talking about. I do not think you have read us correctly or we phrased the compensation patch message incorrectly. 

2 minutes ago, Aelian said:

There is a difference between 90000 REALS and 6k DOUBLOONS

They said they only gave compensation of 6k reals for a level 3 shipyard yet to upgrade now from level 2 to level 3 ship yard costs 5k Dubloons and 90k Reals and that does not count the Reals and Dubloons required to get it to level 2.

2 minutes ago, admin said:

90000 reals was also credited + 6k is in doubloons which was also credited.
what are you talking about. I do not think you have read us correctly or we phrased the compensation patch message incorrectly. 

I had a level 3 shipyard on my main and alt and there is no redeemable for 90k Reals or 6k Dubloons.

1 minute ago, Archaos said:

They said they only gave compensation of 6k reals for a level 3 shipyard yet to upgrade now from level 2 to level 3 ship yard costs 5k Dubloons and 90k Reals and that does not count the Reals and Dubloons required to get it to level 2.

we did not say so..

all costs to open buildings you had before were given out to players in full. 

we credited reals in the patch
doubloons were patched in later (like 1 hr ago)

1 minute ago, Archaos said:

So for that, they compensated that directly it seems rather than making you go through the redeemable though I am not sure on that. I know I had more reals than my guilds mates.

8 minutes ago, TheHaney said:

@admin honestly if you want to really test out the new economy, I vote for wiping everything. Put everybody back at zero. Enough folks are bitching anyway you might as well go whole hog.

I agree completely. This was a half-assed transition and it seems the russian community knew more than the rest again seeing how they dumped their PvP marks before the patch. This PvP mark conversion feels like a complete hello kitty over to me and there is still plenty of players who sit on their endless trade exploit gold ( now reals ).

Full wipe was definitely needed for a patch like this ( excluding any kind of xp and books ).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

I agree completely. This was a half-assed transition and it seems the russian community knew more than the rest again seeing how they dumped their PvP marks before the patch. This PvP mark conversion feels like a complete hello kitty over to me and there is still plenty of players who sit on their endless trade exploit gold ( now reals ).

Full wipe was definitely needed for a patch like this ( excluding any kind of xp and books ).

because it was announced on 19th of april ?
and no
no one dumped anything.. BF is hating on us on stream now )))

Also its not a conversion really. PVP marks and Combat marks were abandoned. Marks were present int the google doc posted by Ink describing the conversion prices. That google docs existed for months now. (link in the patch notes)

• Like 3

there will be no redeemable for reals - they are credited directly to wallet. 

The dubloons have still not shown up in any of my accounts for the shipyards.

I have to say just crediting Reals directly to the wallet was a poor way to do it especially with the other changes that were made and conversions that took place. The way it was done no one is really sure if they got credited everything they were due rather than being able to see each as an individual redeemable.

and no

I just noticed many people selling PvP marks cheap before the patch and most of them from russian clans... maybe coincidence, so sorry if I wrongly accused you of sharing more information with them.

Will you wipe everything other than xp and books on release at least? This patch would have been A LOT more enjoyable to me with complete wipe and a few redeemables that are the same for everyone...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, admin said:

Marks were present int the google doc posted by Ink describing the conversion prices. That google docs existed for months now. (link in the patch notes)

“But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

1 minute ago, Sovereign said:

Will you wipe everything other than xp and books on release at least?

I believe they said specifically that would be the case.

Edited by TheHaney
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, admin said:

and no

Also its not a conversion really. PVP marks and Combat marks were abandoned. Marks were present int the google doc posted by Ink describing the conversion prices. That google docs existed for months now. (link in the patch notes)

We just need to learn how to acquire and use Doubloons.  Its a steep learning curve for all the Ancient Mariners in the group.  I do believe you need to look at PVP rewards though.  They seem very low compared to all the PVE rewards.

So two things concern me:

1. The treasure chest can only hold 10k doubloons, and I´m already above that (look at me rich boii).

2. More serious issue: I had two clan mates attacking an AI fleet in the open world infront of an enemy city, which gave a huge boost for hostility. Haven´t tested it myself yet but am going to this evening. Maybe someone can save me some time and verify this? And can someone tell us if that´s intended @admin ?

Edited by Gott365

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

The main issue I see is almost all of the problems that have been expressed here in this thread are the same problems that were expressed in the "testing" threads we've been doing on the test realm for the past few weeks.  Did nothing change?  What was the point of the test realm if not to hammer out some of the issues before you patch. 

Voices have been heard but not always listen to, this is typical of development, since Dev’s direction is not always known.

But live servers are still in EA, maybe Dev’s needed more participants than what they got in the testbed.

Test econ first, try it for alittle bit, then we will and Dev's will too, know if the “echo becomes louder than the voice” (to quote another).

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, admin said:

no you dont. We all know what many pvp players do - some hunt pve players
PvP players also can get loot from pvp players… It can happen.
Its just now they have to carry it back home - in hold and risk it..

All ship matter now.. Even that small cutter can carry 15000 doubloons. 

lets be honest, no one in their right mind would carry 15k doubloons on their ship for transport. You can put doubloons from the ship hold and over to the captains chest so i dont understand your logic.. Yes maybe one in a million will carry his doubloons in the ship hold, but that would be only the one noob (*cough* max rank) that didnt know he could transfer his doubloons to the captains chest

36 minutes ago, Wyy said:

lets be honest, no one in their right mind would carry 15k doubloons on their ship for transport. You can put doubloons from the ship hold and over to the captains chest so i dont understand your logic.. Yes maybe one in a million will carry his doubloons in the ship hold, but that would be only the one noob (*cough* max rank) that didnt know he could transfer his doubloons to the captains chest

this is removed tomorrow. chest can only used in port. the fact that you can move gold to chest sneaked in from testbed (for easier testing) and will be removed.