Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - New Economy feedback.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

8 doubloons for 5th rate PvP kill vs potentially 3k doubloons on a pve trader seems not balanced, tbh I dont understand how you can push something like this to live servers.

Someone correct me here but rewards are inside enemy hold.

Fellows been getting dubloons by the hundreds in pvp from the sinking enemy holds, like 8 reward plus 320 or something in the enemy hold.

• Like 1

Just now, admin said:

PvP players kill players. If you kill poor players you get poor rewards. If you kill rich players you get amazing rewards

PVP drops doubloons (sailor salaries and pay + all loot from previous battles).

I'm not so sure it will play out like that, but I can see what you intended.

1 minute ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Someone correct me here but rewards are inside enemy hold.

Fellows been getting dubloons by the hundreds in pvp from the sinking enemy holds, like 8 reward plus 320 or something in the enemy hold.

Why should anyone take doubloons in his hold when he is going to PvP tho? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

8 doubloons for 5th rate PvP kill vs potentially 3k doubloons on a pve trader seems not balanced, tbh I dont understand how you can push something like this to live servers.

Doubloons in cargo matter. It does kinda load them slowly, but you are going to be surprised what you might find there....Take a better look first next time cowboy.

Cheers :)

1 minute ago, Hawkwood said:

Doubloons in cargo matter. It does kinda load them slowly, but you are going to be surprised what you might find there....Take a better look first next time cowboy.

Cheers :)

Howdy partner,

so every ship in pvp has now doubloons as extra loot in hold, even if the sunken player didnt had any in hold originally?

Players need to adjust to this new situation. More informations would be appreciated, many in the game don`t have a clue how things work out now, including me..Too many informations are given out by players which accidentally find something out.

I guess people just need to read the patch notes, and everything is going to be allright.

Trial and error based playing an early access is a challenge sometimes. Still, i like the new changes. Doubloons are not really hard to get, and TP costs are low.

Since i am not crafting ships, but buying them from another players, i would like to see how new prices will settle down. Few weeks patience is needed.

Good work still :)

• Like 3

Compensation for the wiped buildings: Is this in reals or doubloons? How was the rate calculated? Has the compensation been made in the form of a redeemable or direct into the wallet?

Reason for asking is that the only compensation I can definitely see is a redeemable for 6kDblns which I think is for a shipyard...I don't know where the compensations is for every other building.

11 minutes ago, admin said:

If you kill poor players you get poor rewards. If you kill rich players you get amazing rewards in form of their ships and holds.

This is a very interesting change.

Concerning loss of buildings and recompensation. First I was upset. But after the initial 2000 doubloons like everybody got, I received sometime later 10000 + 2000 which I think is for the buildings. Could instantly set up level 3 shipyard this way.

AND: my second capture was an Ingermanland with 41 doubloons on board, unexpectedly. I read here someone got a Traderbrig with even hundreds of them. So that's a head up.

We should all relax. And get used to the new system. I think it turns out to be fine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Howdy partner,

so every ship in pvp has now doubloons as extra loot in hold, even if the sunken player didnt had any in hold originally?

I think yes. Try it out...I realised this only, because others told me so :(

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Why should anyone take doubloons in his hold when he is going to PvP tho? 

@Hethwill the Red Duke is right

There is not a single historical account of a pirate or a raider or a privateer loading diamonds or gold coins or gold dust into his hold when going out to the raid.   Typically they were going out empty so they can rob someone take the hold and come back.  So you are absolutely correct. No spoils on way out, lots of potential spoils on way back. 

This the best way to get best pvp rewards is to hunt people on their way back. If you attack someone on the way to raid you only will and should expect to get provisions repairs and maybe some pay.. maybe 1 doubloon per crew max. Maybe slightly more. The rest depends on WHO you attack and when.