Game-Labs Forum

Need to advertise more Naval Action!

Well, while I don't really get what you say in your post, I guessfrom the topic's title you want them to promote the game more.

I currently can't find the admin post I`m referring to, but it mainly dealt with reasons why the game is not available in the steam store for pre-order, and I guess some of the reasons behind that can also be applied here.

I'll try and resume what I can remember from that post that possibly could be reasons for this.

1. They don't want the game to be flooded with thousands of players when they are not really prepared for such a high amount of players yet (servers and other technical infrastructure, maybe also the game itself could have trouble dealing with high amounts of players and finding matches for everybody).

2. You only have 1 chance to impress people with what you got, and so far the game is far from finished, so I guess they just aren'T ready to share it yet.

I'm sure they have more reasons for why they are holding back for now, although they definetely will start promoting the game a lot more at some point ;)

Troppo poche persone hanno pre-ordinato azione navale e lo sviluppo è lento, il mondo ha bisogno di sapere!

Too few people have pre-ordered naval action and development is slow, the world needs to know!

RamJB allready contracted Jingels and some other Youtubers some months ago.

dont worry we have still alot of work to do befor open Early acces on steam wich will lead to a large flooding of little kids that will love to ruin your gameplay.

more ships + a halfway working Open world Prototype is the current goal for EA on steam.

già contattato Jingles e alcune altre YouTubers qualche mese fa.
non preoccupatevi abbiamo ancora un sacco di lavoro da fare prima di aprire accesso presto wich vapore porterà a una grande inondazione di ragazzini che amano rovinare il vostro gioco.
più navi + a Aprire Prototipo mondo a metà strada di lavoro è l'obiettivo attuale di EA su Steam.

google translate ftw hope i dont wake up tomorrow with an horsehead in my bed.
  • Like 1

The amount it has now is wonderful, If you bring someone like Jingles on simply for a recruitment scheme then you are bringing in people that may just want to be apart of his videos and not actually enjoy the game, most that will come from War Thunder and those types of games that don't really house friendly players, personal experience.

RamJB allready contracted Jingels and some other Youtubers some months ago.

dont worry we have still alot of work to do befor open Early acces on steam wich will lead to a large flooding of little kids that will love to ruin your gameplay.

more ships + a halfway working Open world Prototype is the current goal for EA on steam.

già contattato Jingles e alcune altre YouTubers qualche mese fa.
non preoccupatevi abbiamo ancora un sacco di lavoro da fare prima di aprire accesso presto wich vapore porterà a una grande inondazione di ragazzini che amano rovinare il vostro gioco.
più navi + a Aprire Prototipo mondo a metà strada di lavoro è l'obiettivo attuale di EA su Steam.

google translate ftw hope i dont wake up tomorrow with an horsehead in my bed.

Don't worry, but it's more comprehensible in english ahah! :D

The amount it has now is wonderful, If you bring someone like Jingles on simply for a recruitment scheme then you are bringing in people that may just want to be apart of his videos and not actually enjoy the game, most that will come from War Thunder and those types of games that don't really house friendly players, personal experience.

Hey, I com from War Thunder and I don't have any problem to be friendly :P

You are almost right though, I am a veteran player of WT, unfortunately most of the "old guard" is already gone and the community now is quite toxic.

Good day to all,

I was inform by youtube like vonbismark, I did my research and this game looks wonderful, and this community looks very well mannered.Yes you are partially wright about WT/WOT communities are becoming more toxic environment. But having people like Jingles who has almost 100k viewers, the advertising from word to mouth will move very quickly.

This game will grow to be a nice game at a steady pace.

P.S. Just bought the game 2 days ago.

Good day to all,

I was inform by youtube like vonbismark, I did my research and this game looks wonderful, and this community looks very well mannered.Yes you are partially wright about WT/WOT communities are becoming more toxic environment. But having people like Jingles who has almost 100k viewers, the advertising from word to mouth will move very quickly.

This game will grow to be a nice game at a steady pace.

P.S. Just bought the game 2 days ago.

Jingle must to know!

Thanks for all the support Gentlemen. Continue spreading the word.

We are the very small team and don't have dedicated marketing people (maybe thats why we don't have lots of marketing BS on our site ;))

When we started - we always wanted to keep a low profile, keep expectation in check and eliminate hype. We focus on the product and on making you guys happy, because the best marketing is when you bring your friends and family into the game.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the support Gentlemen. Continue spreading the word.

We are the very small team and don't have dedicated marketing people (maybe thats why we don't have lots of marketing BS on our site ;))

When we started - we always wanted to keep a low profile, keep expectation in check and eliminate hype. We focus on the product and on making you guys happy, because the best marketing is when you bring your friends and family into the game.

I think it's working pretty well.

At the moment Naval Action seems to attract people really interested in Age of Sail games. Core players that can deal with a somewhat steep learning curve, more complex gameplay and the limitations of a game still in early development. Go too big too soon and you will see an influx of the usual instant gratification crowd who saw a youtube vid with a Victory firing off a full broadside and now think Naval Action is totally cool but will soon flood the forums with threads how the ships move FAR too slow, the cannons take FAR too long to reload and that the game is totally broken because sometimes when turning their ships will just stop dead in the water.

;)

Naval action already made a brief appearance in one of Jingle's videos. He had some nice things to say about it, and was able to read the signal flags, which, apparently, are not always appropriate to the situation...

Edit: Linky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3V3kEuSr9c

since i pre ordered multiple copys i simply send him a key by friday hope the email doesnt end up in his Spamfolder

email is send out now all we do is have to wait.

no wait he allready played it what ever nevermind.

Edited by Mirones

I am discretely posting on the DayZ Forum and have also posted in the Tripwire Interactive Forums (today include).

A Dev from Bohemia Interactive linked me to the game a couple of months ago so the word is out in the right places as far as I'm concerned.

I am however recommending (when asked) to wait until Steam access is available.