Game-Labs Forum

Punish PvP mark farming harder

So many reports for alt farming, PvP farming etc...

Maybe demoting some ranks is not enough?

How about people get a 3 day ban first time they do this, a week ban the 2nd time and perma ban the 3rd time? For all involved accounts of course.

Then maybe people start getting afraid of the punsihment and dont risk doing it anymore.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

How about we just remove the incentive by removing PvP marks? Leaderboards and rewards for farming PvP will always create bad behavior and you'll be playing whackamole forever.

I think it is because PvP marks are valueable, so people just try to get them.

In its core PvP marks are amazing, they make it possible to get rich from PvP and they have a value due to constant demand on upgrades in contrast to money which is almost worthless.

You could also argue that PvP in general is bad because people get salty when competing against each other (just look in National News), but in reality its just a part of competition.

• Like 4

a simple fast solution would be

only pvp marks in port battles for the moment ..for everyone involved in the battles defender and attacker ( winner x2, nation who lose the battle x1  )

1.5 x cm for ow fight 

1x cm  for missions

and a heavy cm conversion for cm to pvp marks

just my 1 cent

Edited by Thonys

6 minutes ago, Thonys said:

only pvp marks in port battles for the moment ..for everyone involved in the battles defender and attacker ( winner x2, nation who lose the battle x1  )

We had this in the past. It was called conquest mark and caused even more farming (Cap Francais PB for example).

As long we have special marks, people will farm. People now do pvp because of the marks and the advantages they can gain with marks, not for the pvp itself.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Thonys said:

a simple fast solution would be

1.5 x cm for ow fight 

1x cm  for missions

and a heavy cm conversion for cm to pvp marks

just my 1 cent

694.png

Its PvP MARK not PB Mark

People will always cheating and devs cant change this. But they can change rewards. As long we have OP upgrades for PvP marks lot of players will farm them.

• Like 3

Just now, GhastlyGhost said:

People will always cheating and devs cant change this.

The community is small, they can find farmers easy. Many know this and they still do it. Why? Because they dont care if their alt account gets demoted 2 levels...

2 minutes ago, GhastlyGhost said:

But they can change rewards. As long we have OP upgrades for PvP marks lot of players will farm them.

And then? PvP marks will be useless just like combat marks now.

They are valueable, that is a good thing.

Simple IMO, and the title of this thread is appropriate.  Any farming results in complete removal of all assets of the farmer, demotion to Day 1, and 6-month ban of account.

Even that wouldn't stop the farmer from transferring gains to their main account from the farming/alt account before they got caught, so they would still likely gain from it, but the ensuing 6-month ban makes that alt account useless in NA for a substantial period so that they'd have to pay for or use another alt account if they want to continue the activity.  Thus funding the game as payment for their crimes.

If the devs want to keep these marks and don't want to waste time continually watching like hawks, then I agree they have to strong-arm the punishments.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

The community is small, they can find farmers easy. Many know this and they still do it. Why? Because they dont care if their alt account gets demoted 2 levels...

And then? PvP marks will be useless just like combat marks now.

They are valueable, that is a good thing.

Lets think why combat marks are useless.. What can you buy with them that are valuable? hmmmm.

What about the other marks...hmmm indeed.

Now what if you put the pvp mark into the combat...oh yes. Give more marks per and...look at that, PVPers still get rich and marks are no longer farmed in PVP because you can just get them doing PVE and a navy hull cost 50 CMs as appose to 10 PVP marks.

It's almost like the different marks are all the same thing split up for no reason other than exclusivity

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

19 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Lets think why combat marks are useless.. What can you buy with them that are valuable? hmmmm.

What about the other marks...hmmm indeed.

Now what if you put the pvp mark into the combat...oh yes. Give more marks per and...look at that, PVPers still get rich and marks are no longer farmed in PVP because you can just get them doing PVE and a navy hull cost 50 CMs as appose to 10 PVP marks.

It's almost like the different marks are all the same thing split up for no reason other than exclusivity

Combat marks are useless because they have a crazy inflation due to PvE giving unlimited amount of them to players without any costs.

CMs have valueable items to buy like bowfigures and upgrade craft stuff.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

How about we just remove the incentive by removing PvP marks? Leaderboards and rewards for farming PvP will always create bad behavior and you'll be playing whackamole forever.

People don't need incentives to fight in an open world, sandbox war game. Instead, focus on incentives for people to leave green zones and other content that generates content for wolves. Leave the leaderboards and loot crates for bite-sized Legends players....

PvP Marks are the best thing to happen to this game. You can't remove them now without a simular substitute. Pvpers will quit.

Alt farming punishments should be high though. 

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Combat marks are useless because they have a crazy inflation due to PvE giving unlimited amount of them to players without any costs.

CMs have valueable items to buy like bowfigures and upgrade craft stuff.

There's no high end to CMs. Instead we create PVP marks and use that when there is nothing in the CM shop that cost more than 100 cms. Crazy inflation because there is nothing to spend marks on BESIDES bowfigures and permits.

We've never tried making CM the standard mark. It easily could take the place of PVP marks but then pvpers demand their own "exclusive" content because woe is them, PVP is such a chore. They don't want the same mark as the filthy peasant PVErs/crafters. It still works either way, you're gonna get rich when you earn 10x the marks doing PVP.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Just now, Slim Jimmerson said:

We've never tried making CM the standard mark. It easily could take the place of PVP marks but then pvpers demand their own "exclusive" content because woe is them, PVP is such a chore. They don't want the same mark as the filthy peasant PVErs/crafters. It still works either way, you're gonna get rich when you earn 10x the marks doing PVP than you would anything else.

I disagree again mate. You can farm PvE marks riskfree without any costs until you drown in them. They are basically like money.

For PvP marks you have to "pay" with ships and upgrades. Thats why they are a healthy currency.

4 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

There's no high end to CMs. Instead we create PVP marks and use that when there is nothing in the CM shop that cost more than 100 cms. Crazy inflation because there is nothing to spend marks on BESIDES bowfigures and permits.

There is also nothing to spend PvP marks on besides upgrades, skillbooks and permits. Just like CMs.

Just now, Jon Snow lets go said:

I disagree again mate. You can farm PvE marks riskfree without any costs until you drown in them. They are basically like money.

For PvP marks you have to "pay" with ships and upgrades. Thats why they are a healthy currency.

There is also nothing to spend PvP marks on besides upgrades, skillbooks and permits. Just like CMs.

and notes and not to mention VMs that you can exchange 50 PVP marks for.

It's simply economics. CMs are pennies, PVP marks are dollars yet they're treated like different currency. CMs are backed by nothing but permits and bow figures while PVP marks are backed by entire ships, permits, and a slew of good upgrades.

It'd be easy to just merge the two and scale out the prices/rewards. But PVPers will want their exclusive reward, so people will farm for it. Instead of playing ahead of that we'll sit back and cri that people are dueling each other for ez marks and there's nothing we can do.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

2 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

and notes and not to mention VMs that you can exchange 50 PVP marks for.

It's simply economics. CMs are pennies, PVP marks are dollars yet they're treated like different currency. CMs are backed by nothing but permits and bow figures while PVP marks are backed by entire ships, permits, and a slew of good upgrades.

It'd be easy to just merge the two and scale out the prices/rewards. But PVPers will want their exclusive reward, so people will farm for it. Instead of playing ahead of that we'll sit back and cri that people are dueling each other for ez marks and there's nothing we can do.

If you dont see the difference between PvE marks which you can farm all day without risk and any investment and PvP marks then I cant help you.

Just now, Jon Snow lets go said:

If you dont see the difference between PvE marks which you can farm all day without risk and any investment and PvP marks then I cant help you.

You dolt, the difference is obvious. Its working around that instead of letting people continue to farm marks illegitimately.

you do know PVE and PVP rewards don't HAVE to be the the same, right? We can have 10 marks for an AI frigate and 100 marks for a player one and still have a power gap between PVE/PVP. Who even bothers with a currency that tops out at 100?

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Deal with it, people will farm and you can't stop it. I can take my alts and dualbox anywhere I want, make it look like a pvp fight and let 1 sink. How can you prevent it? :) It's still a pvp fight. 

Edited by H2O

Just now, H2O said:

Deal with it, people will farm and you can't stop it. I can take my alts and dualbox anywhere I want, make it look like a pvp fight and let 1 sink. How can you prevent it? :) It's still a pvp fight. 

well ideally you'd get rid of marks, that way the price of rewards doesn't overvalue the price of the ship itself....

But that's not the answer you were looking for, was it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

well ideally you'd get rid of marks, that way the price of rewards doesn't overvalue the price of the ship itself....

But that's not the answer you were looking for, was it?

What if I build 1st rates and sell them to your enemy? opps

The easiest way is to shut down NA for good. :) cause you guys can't decide what you want and Devs have to listen to you and make same changes every patch. 2 steps forward 1 step back...

Edited by H2O

Just now, H2O said:

What if I build 1st rates and sell them to your enemy? opps

The easiest way is to shut down NA for good. :) cause you guys can't decide what you want and Devs have to listen to you and make same changes every patch. 

I didn't ask for marks, I was glad when they were gone and disappointed when they reintroduced them.

We wanted more PVP rewards, they gave us PVP mark. Not exactly what the game needed most. Fixing the CM economy probably would've been a better first step.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1