Game-Labs Forum

Happy Holidays

Sailors and Officers.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New year. Fair wind and full sails to you in 2015. 

We would like to give a small New Year present to all owners of the game. It will appear in the build in the beginning of 2015. 

0437mec.jpg

Happy holidays and thank you for being with us. 

• Like 14

Hooray!

I was worried that we wouldn't get any small craft at all! Any chance of loading a 24-pounder on there?

(Also, that brass post in the stern is for holding up a gaff boom that the vessel doesn't actually have)

Seems the mast fold down.  There's a bolt through it near be base.

Question:  These little gunboats as they were called. Were used in calm seas for harbour defence in the west. Fleets of them would swarm out and hit frigates at all sorts of odd angles confounding the larger ships broadside. By the time you got back you would have missed out. I need to ask if heavy seas will swamp this one and how far they can get from harbour?

These little gunboats as they were called. Were used in calm seas for harbour defence in the west. Fleets of them would swarm out and hit frigates at all sorts of odd angles confounding the larger ships broadside. By the time you got back you would have missed out. I need to go and ask on the forums if heavy seas will swamp this one.

Captain Jack was in a frigate just outside an enemy harbour. His ships boats were rowing back with a friend or spy. The enemy harbour defences were somehow alerted and a swarm of these gunboats came out even though the seas were a bit rough for them. You see each gunboat carries the same armament per tonne as a large ship. Get 32 of these gunboats and you essentially have a 32 gun broadside of a larger ship with the advantage of being able to attack from all angles and have a small profile that is harder to aim at.
Captain Jack was forced to clear the area as fast as possible.
A real life example of a frigate getting captured like this is the USS Philadelphia which got stranded in a Tunisian Harbour trying to raid it and forced to surrender by gunboats firing from its blind angles while not being able to turn effectively. Decatur iirc then raided into the harbour many months later to destroy this state of the art super frigate.

U.S. Navy gunboats battled scores of oar-powered Royal Navy barges on Lake Borgne iirc

P.S. This is really the sort of thing that makes this game different and fresh. Things like this properly implemented will make a frigates blockade of a harbour very interesting indeed.

Should stop harbour camping along with fortifications.

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/images/h01000/h01071.jpg

15912369279_daecc47233_o.png

• 3 weeks later...

Did this boat ever get given out?  As of this date I did not get one and I have not seen one.

most likely send out after being 90%polished and bug free you sometimes cant call their patches bug testing since they wont let us, specially back then durring focus testing

where most of us focus testers where only giving the thumb-up of aproval and then wait a couple weeks for the next patch.