Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

admin

2 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Well it's to late to make any changes to Pirate nation and restrict any ships. It will simply make people quit, so instead we have to make an addition. Get it?

He forgot it is a sandbox. You do what others allow you to do. Like North Korea building nukes. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, John Cavanaugh said:

aw poor Vile, self proclaimed king.

is that why you abandoned the fight and joined ALOHA to protect you within 24 hours of wardec'ing PLANB? was looking over your shoulder 24/7 a bit taxing for you?

no laws but your laws - tax undock and harass new players out of the faction - pic very much related.

clsOdi0.jpg

1v1?

Just now, Vile Executioner said:

Don’t allow pirates to RvR. Make it historically correct.

Again its a sandbox. Pirates will do what others allow them to do. For example pirates cannot capture cartagena - but its not because they don't want to. But because Sweden does not let them or anyone to take it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

How could they hide before port battles? Outlaw battles were open to anyone to join forever... National alt abuse, however, has always allowed this to occur and yet has never been addressed.

you can sail in outlaw battles and sail very far so any joining would be useless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, admin said:

He forgot it is a sandbox. You do what others allow you to do. Like North Korea building nukes. 

No I just like some realism in my sandbox.  Especially if that sandbox claims to be based in history.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, admin said:

Significant changes

• New ship - Le Gros Ventre Refit, with swivels. The ship is available for pvp marks in the admiralty.
  • Outlaw battles have been removed - they were a cause of multiple exploits that unfortunately could not be fixed in a reasonable time. 

Fixes

• Minor changes for loot tables (some upgrades were dropping too much)
  • Fixed the bot distribution (some regions did not have enough bots)
  • Minor tunings for some upgrades (for example fixed bug for trim by the stern providing incorrect bonuses
  • Fixes of several bugs with ship trade that were not clearing the knowledge slots for the traded ships (creating confusion as they did not work if you did not have the skill yourself)

When I try to exchange combat marks for PvP marks in PvE I get this.. no blue print. 

20171101104636_1.jpg

Edited by Buba Smith

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Again, how's is that situation any worse than using a national alt to do it?

hiding in battles was not the main reason for removal. it was just one of them. the amount of complaints and confusion from the feature exceeded our desire to review and fix them. No more outlaw battles

don't like it - roll poland. They have no ports and can only live on what they can capture and hold. In fact no - i take it back. If you want daily pvp non stop? roll Britain on EU. PvP comes to you itself. You don't even need to sail away from the capital

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, admin said:

Again its a sandbox. Pirates will do what others allow them to do. For example pirates cannot capture cartagena - but its not because they don't want to. But because Sweden does not let them or anyone to take it. 

You can't have your cake and eat it too here.    

If this is a sandbox, pirates (and other nations for that matter) should be able to attack others within their own nation.  If this were a sandbox game there would be no port timer restrictions and only 1 server.  This half in / half out of the sandbox stuff has been plaguing this game for months.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

You can't have your cake and eat it too here.    

If this is a sandbox, pirates (and other nations for that matter) should be able to attack others within their own nation.  If this were a sandbox game there would be no port timer restrictions and only 1 server.  This half in / half out of the sandbox stuff has been plaguing this game for months.  

in the next game with no instances yes. Not this time. Restrictions are needed to limit abuse not to limit sandbox

7 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Asian primetime will need those ports that were never added on the back side of america. So much work re distributing resources etc..

Yes maybe you have to draw a different line now since a lot has changed and also resources like Caragena Tar needs to be redistributed to make it work. But then all could play on one server (if the ping is okay for everyone which I doubt)

2 minutes ago, admin said:
4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

in the next game with no instances yes. Not this time. Restrictions are needed to limit abuse not to limit sandbox

Is next game in making? Is it OW game?

Just now, Rigs said:

viYeHHB.png

Again I like realism in my games.  I play other sandbox games and I have to worry about bleeding, broken bones, and death by bug or animal bites that I dont see.   In a Beta right now for a game that if I dont eat, I will starve to death.. so yeah.  I am a bit on the hardcore side.