Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

9 minutes ago, Robert said:

Now, let's prey on them in their own waters :huh:. I don't think that's a good idea, the new players are still learning the ropes so they are unsuspecting it should be more so for the experienced players that try to gank them. The experienced players will come after you or not call the reinforcement if on even grounds, besides that it will encourage camping the safe zone borders. Nice try though :)

So you are saying that some players would not call reinforcement if they got the chance? BAH...

And I´m not after camping the capitals or attacking new players. I just wanna know how far I can chase an enemy, where I can or cannot hunt. Take the Danes for example:
I must avoid such a big area just because its unclear were the reinforcement circle is.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Demsity said:

So you are saying that some players would not call reinforcement if they got the chance? BAH...

And I´m not after camping the capitals or attacking new players. I just wanna know how far I can chase an enemy, where I can or cannot hunt. Take the Danes for example:
I must avoid such a big area just because its unclear were the reinforcement circle is.

I have actually seen it numerous times, the experienced players go after the enemy players not waiting to be attacked which denies them the reinforcements. Again this encourages whoever wants to PvP in their own waters, trust me they will come after you. I'm a new player but if I wanted to hunt I would use the trader tool and intercept the trader routes, aka ganker alleys, based on that. I have played POTBS and what you asking was there, I think unmarked  is a better.

Edited by Robert

12 minutes ago, Robert said:

I have actually seen it numerous times, the experienced players go after the enemy players not waiting to be attacked which denies them the reinforcements. Again this encourages whoever wants to PvP in their own waters, trust me they will come after you.  

That is not what I´m referring to here.

Ill give you an example.

I´m out hunting in my surprise alone. I spot a lonely indiaman doing some trade away from the capital. I start to follow him and slowly catch up.

After a while I´m in a position to tag him and he appears to be far enough away from the capital. The battle starts. He is in the reinforcement zone and presses the Support button. Suddenly two 1st rates appear and blast me to pieces. 

Does this sound fun to you? or fair?

All I want is an indication of some sorts that the enemy will get reinforcement. It can be in the tag message if so needed.

Edited by Demsity

2 minutes ago, Demsity said:

Ill give you an example.

I´m out hunting in my surprise alone. I spot a lonely indiaman doing some trade away from the capital. I start to follow him and slowly catch up.

After a while I´m in a position to tag him and he appears to be far enough away from the capital. The battle starts. He is in the reinforcement zone and presses the Support button. Suddenly two 1st rates appear and blast me to pieces. 

All I want is an indication of some sorts that the enemy will get reinforcement. It can be in the tag message if so needed.

I seem to see (KPR area ) reinforcements available up to about 30km away from the port. I'd guess that at least for this area, the exclsuion zone around Jamaica to be about 30km , havent had time to test other zones

Just now, Vizzini said:

I seem to see (KPR area ) reinforcements available up to about 30km away from the port. I'd guess that at least for this area, the exclsuion zone around Jamaica to be about 30km , havent had time to test other zones

If you take Gustavia as an example, we barely get reinforcement out to the small island just outside the port. So it is really inconsistent with these zones.

1 minute ago, Demsity said:

Ill give you an example.

After a while I´m in a position to tag him and he appears to be far away from the capital. The battle starts. He is in the reinforcement zone and presses the Support button. Suddenly two 1st rates appear and blast me to pieces. 

It seems there are some contradictions in your statements above, if he is away from the capital trading that means he is way out of his reinforcement zone. If you are that slow catching up that he makes it back to his reinforcement zone that means it's either your placement is wrong or you need to work on that gank build and make it faster. Sorry, no.

1 minute ago, Demsity said:

If you take Gustavia as an example, we barely get reinforcement out to the small island just outside the port. So it is really inconsistent with these zones.

check the distance, might be because the islands are closer together down there , but never even sailed that far east so I dunno !!

Just now, Robert said:

It seems there are some contradictions in your statements above, if he is away from the capital trading that means he is way out of his reinforcement zone. If you are that slow catching up that he makes it back to his reinforcement zone that means it's either your placement is wrong or you need to work on that gank build and make it faster. Sorry, no.

Gank build? really? I clearly stated that I was hunting alone...

These zones can be used, as it is now, to lure enemy players in to the reinforcement zone with no indication what so ever that they are in them.
This is not the purpose or intent of these zones (as far as I´m aware). These zones is to protect new players and PVE players around the capitals, not to give them an unspecified, irregular invisible area of instant win.

49 minutes ago, Demsity said:

These zones is to protect new players and PVE players around the capitals, not to give them an unspecified, irregular invisible area of instant win.

these zones should be the same size around all uncapturable cities. if they are inconsistent please tell us which cities we will check

Just now, admin said:

these zones should be the same size around all uncapturable cities. if they are inconsistent please tell us which cities we will check

The area around Gustavia  is really f*cked up.

From Gustavia it streches really far south. But almost directly outside the Gustavia bay (West) its not there.  I suspect that it is because there are other ports close.
I dont know about the other zones since I cant see them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demsity said:

Gank build? really? I clearly stated that I was hunting alone...

These zones can be used, as it is now, to lure enemy players in to the reinforcement zone with no indication what so ever that they are in them.
This is not the purpose or intent of these zones (as far as I´m aware). These zones is to protect new players and PVE players around the capitals, not to give them an unspecified, irregular invisible area of instant win.

It seems that you need to look up gank meaning ;) 

https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA728CA728&q=gank&oq=gank&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l4.1359600.1360276.0.1361553.4.4.0.0.0.0.127.465.0j4.4.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.4.463...0i67k1.0.PxOQo-ksrl4

The rest, just see my statements above. It's funny you say to " lure the enemy player", nobody is luring you, you are the hunter trying to pose as the victim.

It's not even hard to figure out the size of the reinforcement zones.

Nope, no markers, no camping border zones, there are plenty of waters out there where you can hunt, even in the reinforcement zones just not the players of that nation. 

Again, nice try!

Edited by Robert

1 minute ago, rediii said:

playerd need to know where safezones are. Its not good to not show it because its just raising anger if you get tagged in one without any indication.

You have the indicator on your screen saying reinforcements available...

8 minutes ago, Demsity said:

Ehm I´m sorry what?

Either you cannot read, or you are calling me one of the best players on the server?

1. gank
    ɡaNGk/
    verb
    USinformal
    verb: gank; verb: ganked; gerund or present participle: ganking; 3rd person present: ganks; past participle: ganked
    1. 1.
      take or steal (something).
      "if I have the money, I won't have to gank the books"
      • defraud or rob (someone).
        "they can take trade-ins of new releases and sell them for $55, essentially ganking the publishers"
    2. 2.
      (in a video game) use underhand means to defeat or kill (a less experienced opponent).
      "that troll just ganked me"

I cannot read?That's funny.
       Might help if you looked again at your previous statements. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
Edited by Robert

Just now, Robert said:
  1. gank
    ɡaNGk/
    verb
    USinformal
    verb: gank; verb: ganked; gerund or present participle: ganking; 3rd person present: ganks; past participle: ganked
    1. 1.
      take or steal (something).
      "if I have the money, I won't have to gank the books"
      • defraud or rob (someone).
        "they can take trade-ins of new releases and sell them for $55, essentially ganking the publishers"
    2. 2.
      (in a video game) use underhand means to defeat or kill (a less experienced opponent).
      "that troll just ganked me"

I cannot read? Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. That's funny.

It seems that it is you that needs to learn what the term means...

In naval action it is refereed to when a group of players jump a lot fewer, leaving them with no chance to win.

And this just shows what a troll you are m8. Your original statement got busted so you decide to argue over the meaning of ganking instead.
I´m trying to provide feedback to developers here, take your trolling to another forum.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Demsity said:

Except you don´t, not if its an enemy reinforcement zone...

"playerd need to know where safezones are. Its not good to not show it because its just raising anger if you get tagged in one without any indication."

Have you read the post that you replying to? It's about player that get tagged and not the player doing the tagging...

1 minute ago, Robert said:

"playerd need to know where safezones are. Its not good to not show it because its just raising anger if you get tagged in one without any indication."

Have you read the post that you replying to? It's about player that get tagged and not the player doing the tagging...

So you cant get tagged in an enemy reinforcement zone?

What game are you playing?

4 minutes ago, Demsity said:

It seems that it is you that needs to learn what the term means...

In naval action it is refereed to when a group of players jump a lot fewer, leaving them with no chance to win.

And this just shows what a troll you are m8. Your original statement got busted so you decide to argue over the meaning of ganking instead.
I´m trying to provide feedback to developers here, take your trolling to another forum.

So your definition of the word gank super seeds the dictionary definition. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Demsity said:

So you cant get tagged in an enemy reinforcement zone?

What game are you playing?

So how would you knowing where the reinforcements zones are would help you in that regard?

In that situation nobody can use reinforcements ...

Please, get better arguments and lets stop wasting everyone time.

Edited by Robert

9 minutes ago, Robert said:

So your definition of the word gank super seeds the dictionary definition. :lol: 

TL;DR for both cases - Easily killing an enemy.

In MMORPG's: To attack a lone member of the enemy team with many people via gang rape; To be a high level character and 1v1 someone that's a very low level and has no chance of winning or even significantly harming the aggressor.

In MOBA's: To secure an easy kill by way of abilities that allow the aggressor to close in on an enemy or cause a high amount of damage in a short amount of time, or both, whilst the victim is out of place. AKA to come up and have suprise anal with that retarded tank who's overextended and isolated on midlane.
Elitist Noob Tank: This hello kittying Khaimera keeps ganking me, gankers are basically just playing on easy mode, tanks actually take skill.
Ganker: Lmao don't step out of line then hello kittynut, you're an easy pick.

source: Urban dictionary

Its an internet slang. And in Naval Action it means that a group of players attack player that are way fewer.

You have no case here dude so bugger off.

So how would you knowing where the reinforcements zones are would help you in that regard?

In that situation nobody can use reinforcements ...

Please, get better arguments and lets stop wasting everyone time.

Yes it would help very much, knowing how far you can chase some one is pretty important. To know when to stop so you don't end up in a reinforcement zone.

Edited by Demsity
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Liq said:

I think as soon as it says you're in the uncappable region, e.g. if it shows Gustavia on the top left, you're in the zone of reinforcments.

be helpful  if those people near their capitals could check distances using the trader tool rather than the 2 numpties having a measuring contest and making themselves look like idiots