Game-Labs Forum

Unity 5 - Testbed Feedback topic.

admin

Just now, jodgi said:

@Sir Texas Sir, is it enough to cap one of those three zones or do you need to kill all or cap all three? Does damage on capping ships reset all cap progress? (Sorry for nooby questions)

To gain points you have to control one more circle than the other team.  The more you control the faster you get points. It's pretty slow though so takes a while.   Kills give you way more points faster.  We like to try to point out by sinking the other team over the capping the circles.  To cap the circle you have more ships in the circle than the other team. If equal number of ships are in a circle it stops and no points gained.

• Like 2

I think it would be useful if the clan protecting a town is given a notification of some kind when a hostility mission against that town is started (when the enemy ships actually jump into the mission). Otherwise it would be possible to go from 0-100 without the defenders even knowing something was happening. 

5 hours ago, Sven Silberbart said:

doing hostilility is way too fats in my opinion. As lone player and for test purposes on testbed averything is fine, but for the next patch?!

we said in the notes that hostlity speed has been increased. i think it is 10x faster to allow players on testbed get to port battles solo

9 minutes ago, admin said:

we said in the notes that hostlity speed has been increased. i think it is 10x faster to allow players on testbed get to port battles solo

Ohh so the 10x increase is ONLY for the testbed? I know many of us thought this was a permanent change. 

If that's the case, will PB's start 30min after reaching 100% on live servers? Will it stay as 22 hours after?

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Ohh so the 10x increase is ONLY for the testbed? I know many of us thought this was a permanent change. 

If that's the case, will PB's start 30min after reaching 100% on live servers? Will it stay as 22 hours after?

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:01 PM, admin said:

Hostility updated for test bed

• Hostility missions generate hostility 10x faster
  • Port battles start 30 mins after hostility reach 100%

Edited by Skully
I hate tablets.
  • Like 1

1. L'Hermione has more armor, crew, guns, heavier guns than the Surprise. It very clearly should be more than 140 BR.

2. I do not understand the purpose of neutral fleets if I can't even attack them.

3. Considerable FPS increase on a GTX 950, core i5-3450.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1

Checked the hostility rates.

9fa8095ceaff2015d4700b13bff7fb54.png

clicked and did the mission.

9c6989f2731953c17d5ff56e2971e59c.png

77d4be31af6c0680c2ac1d54f20dd0cb.png

ee850b9b6f1c5b992c6ca49e3ccad12a.png

Hostility grinders in victories won't be modus operandi. One mission down makes 6.67% hostility (live). You gotta do 15 such missions. So, at the very least you need something like 30 guys in fairly big ships clicking 15 missions and doing them in pairs. Whew! That's quite a bit of PVE.

Can you click out some big-ass fleet missions to grind hostility quickly as a group?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Can you click out some big-ass fleet missions to grind hostility quickly as a group?

If you do more guys in one mission you get more ships and it would mean less missions.  What I'm assuming is that it takes who every joins at start of the mission and lest say it's 12 guys and adds 2 ships.  So you have 14 ships to fight if 12 guys joined the fight from start in a group so kinda need to test that.   That would also means if you get about 2% per ship that one missions will give you 28% and all you will have to do is 4 missions as a group.  That how the missions use to be prettty much if you use a big group.  What we would do is have more than one group going and it flips them even faster.  Basically saying it should take a group 1-2 hours to flip a port if they have a big enough group and ships.    Going to try to get a group of clan members on test to try this.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Borch said:

Given the fact that every nation will have uncapturable ports, could we have PB's starting 30 mins after hostility build incorporated into live servers too?

I think that would cause more drama then anything tbh, not say it's a bad idea but the drama would be unbearable 

3 hours ago, Borch said:

Given the fact that every nation will have uncapturable ports, could we have PB's starting 30 mins after hostility build incorporated into live servers too?

Wouldn't that be against the special "EU TIME FOR BATTLES?"   I think it needs to remain the same 22 hours from flip or EU's special time block for when those ports aren't AI owned any more.  With the EU numbers I can see not as many AI owned Neutral but on Global we are going to see a lot of them and prob a lot of little flips by folks thinking they can own all the dots until they find out they have to pay an actual maintenance to upkeep them.

I'm kinda wondering how the setting time slots is going work on the EU server.  Will they even have that option or that would be a GLOBAL only thing since we don't have the little 5 hour window of port battles.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Borch said:

5 hours ago, Rebrall said:

I think that would cause more drama then anything tbh, not say it's a bad idea but the drama would be unbearable 

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I think it needs to remain the same 22 hours from flip

The 22 hours comes from the OODA loop of a Nation being roughly 24 hours.

The cries that needed to be addressed were: "How can we be expected to turn up in 1 or 2 hours? Here is your empty PB."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Skully said:

The 22 hours comes from the OODA loop of a Nation being roughly 24 hours.

The cries that needed to be addressed were: "How can we be expected to turn up in 1 or 2 hours? Here is your empty PB."

It would depend on the rule set it's used with the EU rules it would complement it nicely as most of the playerbase would be on as that's why they have there PB tz 

16 minutes ago, Mrgoldstein said:

No it should stay at 24h people need time to organize and sail their pb ships towards the port, 30mins is way to short..

oh don't get me wrong i don't want the change from 22 hours just merely discussing how it could work  

Edited by Rebrall

Also given that I've proven I can sabotage other timeslots, http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/22308-unity-5-testbed-feedback-topic/?page=14&tab=comments#comment-463127 (so information on time/history of flag battles needs to be improved).

14 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

oh don't get me wrong i don't want the change from 22 hours just merely discussing how it could work  

Plus the one timer on your HQ (/ FOB). 

1 hour ago, Borch said:

That's why i have mentioned uncapturable ports. Previously you could end up one ported and also the focus on PB's was too big as there was no other content in game. I would hope taht the drame would end when people know that there is safe uncapturable zone and game focus changing more towards other activites. Also, devs always kept saying that they plan 1 big server after release, so that would be a good time to try.

I'll be honest when I saw the new map I was expecting a lot more non-capturable ports that what is listed.  Maybe if both servers end up with a ton of Neutral AI owned ports they can add some more ports to some of the nations.  Like for the pirates I think Kidd's Should be non-capturable, but leave the other two able to be captured and give them one or two more ports spread out for those that don't want to get involved in RvR stuff to play OW PvP.  right now every one being able to use the neutral ports I'm worried folks will just want to not fight over any key regions.  That and what is the resource distributions going to be like in these areas?  If some one can just go to an AI neutral port to get a resource than there would be no reason to fight over them.   I get some resources need to stay easy to get, but some need to be a reason to fight over an area.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jodgi said:

Checked the hostility rates.

clicked and did the mission.

Hostility grinders in victories won't be modus operandi. One mission down makes 6.67% hostility (live). You gotta do 15 such missions. So, at the very least you need something like 30 guys in fairly big ships clicking 15 missions and doing them in pairs. Whew! That's quite a bit of PVE.

the number of ships in hostility mission is currently reduced from 10 ships. In live we planned hostility missions to be a group effort and expect that a group of people can get a port to port battle in approximately in an hour (by pve) if enemy arrives it can be done much faster. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, admin said:

the number of ships in hostility mission is currently reduced from 10 ships. In live we planned hostility missions to be a group effort and expect that a group of people can get a port to port battle in approximately in an hour (by pve) if enemy arrives it can be done much faster. 

Can I assume the PB AI was reduced too?

3 hours ago, Anolytic said:

You mean much slower. Enemy will be arriving in frigates to keep you tagged in battle for 1,5 hours.

Enemy constitution can only tag 2 Agamemnons. 6 Agamemnons are untaggeable by a solo frigate - you need 5 constitutions to do so.

Also players always longed for the variability of fleet composition. In this case if you are serious about this port maybe its good idea to bring a small screening fleet of 1 privateer, 1-2 suprises and trincomalees to counter fast enemy frigates.

3 hours ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Can the hostility still be counter grinded by tagging ow ai or missions? or the defender have no choice than join the hostility missions ?

You cannot defend the port by PVE only - you must attack enemy players and sink them (in missions or in the open world). Unless some enemy NPC ships sail into this area, but we would not recommend relying on this only.

• Like 3