Game-Labs Forum

New forum function - clubs

Hello Captains

We would like to mention a new function on the forum - clubs. Which are closed or open invite only communities that nations, clans or groups of people can create and control. 

http://forum.game-labs.net/clubs/

We believe that this could be an interesting alternative to national news channels where players cannot control who posts what. 

• Like 4

Hmm. I've seen similar functions implemented on other forums I've been on, and it was not a great success as it drove activity away from the main forum for a while initially right after the implementation, and then one after another the clubs died from stagnation and lack of ventilation. But let's see how it works here.

• Like 1

Depends on the clubs focus, really. If it is a "event" thing, yeah, club will dry out after the event is done :)

Seeing other forums that have similar setups where it is working full force I do like to see it in here.

Truth be told, on the others it relies quite heavily on a interested community and really into the game universe canon and story making as opposed to the "black tar and feathers" situations we find here, sometimes.

2 minutes ago, AngryPanCake said:

Currently one has to choose: Public, Open, Private...etc when starting a club. If someone starts a Public club, can it be changed to an Open or Private one if things go too crazy with too many people posting/spamming/trolling?

Cannot find any way to change its focus.

16 hours ago, Anolytic said:

Hmm. I've seen similar functions implemented on other forums I've been on, and it was not a great success as it drove activity away from the main forum for a while initially right after the implementation, and then one after another the clubs died from stagnation and lack of ventilation. But let's see how it works here.

I'm just waiting for the mud slinging to start lol

4 hours ago, BallsOfSteel said:

A forum where you can post to people you trust. Nothing wrong with that

Depends the topic and the folks that are in it. It could be good for maybe doing some national or events things where you want to have topics on them.   Other things I can see is going to be nothing more than mudslinging and accusations and such.  Hell all ready seen it with one post that pretty much starts off the accuasations...lol

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm just waiting for the mud slinging to start lol

Depends the topic and the folks that are in it. It could be good for maybe doing some national or events things where you want to have topics on them.   Other things I can see is going to be nothing more than mudslinging and accusations and such.  Hell all ready seen it with one post that pretty much starts off the accuasations...lol

This is a interesting point. Even if there are liberty of writing whatever the proper rules of "no discrimination whatever nature" should be upheld by the owners of the clubs.