Game-Labs Forum

Naval no action, naval cross play action, naval gank action!

There is so much whine from players who dont put any effort in. Its a vocal minority. Pvp is there at the low end but not the high end yet. Ive played 1 week and my kill list is... 

Trader lynx x3

Surprise 

Trader Brig x3

Mercury. 

Some of these are solo and some are with 1-3 clanmates. 

Most recently killed a tbrig outside La Habana in privateer and pickle. No revenge gank because we couldn't be caught by anything that wasnt also a 7th rate. 

55 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

soooo you think one time use ships are ok ? :P

have 1 good fight, leave to OW, get revenge fleeted, get a new ship

I still havent been caught by a revenge fleet.   I have even started seeing more and more fore-aft rigged ships showing up in the OW to try and counter tag.  

49 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

really? lol

IMO, the current best sort of compromise is to increase invisibility to at least 45 sec and also increase the speed during that invisible time, compared to ships that did not just leave a battle - OW speeds are messed up already anyway and are favoring lazy people by camping on a exact battle position, abusing the OW speed buff - but at the same time have a 2 or more minutes "you cannot attack anyone" timer so you cant use the invisibility timer as a cloaking device

This is the best solution, and I 100% agree.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Liquicity said:

NavalChatting - An online chatroom, but with boats

That's assuming that anyone speaks your language in your nation's chat, or that any of your few remaining active clanmates are online at the same times as you....

man-shoots-himself-in-the-head.gif

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lordicious said:

I would rather pay Ubisoft - Skull and Bones than sail 2 hours in search for your imaginary 'pvp'. Go to enemy waters and get ganked, lol. No thanks. 

I doubt that skull and bones will be Any better than for honor it will prolly have the same level of fantasy tough...

15 hours ago, Liquicity said:

soooo you think one time use ships are ok ? :P

have 1 good fight, leave to OW, get revenge fleeted, get a new ship

Well revenge fleet seems ok in certain situation ^^ if people jump 5v1 and then gets jumped themself i cant really se the problem and i wouldnt call it a good fight from the start ^^ if gankers always can get away risk free that is just as bad tbh

1 hour ago, Sqapp said:

Well revenge fleet seems ok in certain situation ^^ if people jump 5v1 and then gets jumped themself i cant really se the problem and i wouldnt call it a good fight from the start ^^ if gankers always can get away risk free that is just as bad tbh

Thats the nature of an OW MMO - it was suggested before to standardize the signaling perk and tweak it for the defenders but people didnt want the OW to be balanced.

51 minutes ago, mueganra said:

My opinion would be to leave battles always open with a flag for a specific battle (since I assume each instance has an ID) that would prevent those that died or escaped from rejoining.

Maybe I dont understand what people are seeing that I am not.

But OW speeds are completely different than battle speeds.  Even the time scale is different.     OW is closer to a 2:1 speed and a 8:1 time compression.  While in battle it is a 1:1 speed.   So  a person can sail from Kingston to Nassau in under 2 game days, or under and hour in a fast ship.   BUT if we were to slow that down to battle speeds, it would  take you closer to 22hours real life sailing.   

So if you do math.... I know MATH!

A person in battle is not only stopped but also unaware of anything in the OW.  So how is it fair or even make sense to have someone who is moving at the speed of light in the open world to sail 100+ km to catch someone who hasnt moved 1 inch from the point of the start of the fight.  

Explain it to me?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

Maybe I dont understand what people are seeing that I am not.

But OW speeds are completely different than battle speeds.  Even the time scale is different.     OW is closer to a 2:1 speed and a 8:1 time compression.  While in battle it is a 1:1 speed.   So  a person can sail from Kingston to Nassau in under 2 game days, or under and hour in a fast ship.   BUT if we were to slow that down to battle speeds, it would  take you closer to 22hours real life sailing.   

So if you do math.... I know MATH!

A person in battle is not only stopped but also unaware of anything in the OW.  So how is it fair or even make sense to have someone who is moving at the speed of light in the open world to sail 100+ km to catch someone who hasnt moved 1 inch from the point of the start of the fight.  

Explain it to me?

Its an arcade sailing game with a good combat system.Nothing more, nothing less.Thats how it make sense.

30 minutes ago, Cimbi said:

Its an arcade sailing game with a good combat system.Nothing more, nothing less.Thats how it make sense.

Not when that developer is striving for realism....  which only goes further down that rabbit hole of fantasy and not towards realism.

24 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Not when that developer is striving for realism....  which only goes further down that rabbit hole of fantasy and not towards realism.

They can strive anything.They never ever make a realistic game with double world.Its a fact.(Can y imagine Il2 Clod or BMS with a double world?XD)Also there is missing lot of littel deatils to call this game realistic. So absolutly pointless to comper OW speed and instance speed.

They job to do a fair system for both side.

14 minutes ago, Cimbi said:

They can strive anything.They never ever make a realistic game with double world.Its a fact.(Can y imagine Il2 Clod or BMS with a double world?XD)Also there is missing lot of littel deatils to call this game realistic. So absolutly pointless to comper OW speed and instance speed.

They job to do a fair system for both side.

Those are both flight sims an MUCH faster paced than this.  

They are striving for realism doesnt mean it has to be a 1%er sim, like Steel Beasts Pro PE.  Or Falcon BMS.   

But it is a realism over fantasy game.  Otherwise we would have ships with rams, and mortars, and homing fireball cannons.  Oh wait that would be "Skull and Bones".

People don't realize we already tested open ended battles and they failed when Open World was in Closed Testing and had far, far, far, far fewer players than now when we had maybe 20-30 testers in the game at prime time and only 1 server (not even pve).  What would happen is you would start a battle, and then people would keep piling in.  The entire game was a gank fest.  That is the only pvp you would get.

So far, the best roe we have had was the WYSIWYG.  It had the most pvp and the hardest ROE for gankers and revenge fleeters.

Examples of open ended battles:

I tagged Mr Doran, he sailed away because he knew more of us were coming, I got his sails down, Northern Wolves was able to catch up.  See at 5 seconds into this video the white speck on the horizon?  That is Leviathan coming in after more than 30 minutes into the match.  He sailed from on the opposite side of Puerto Rico to get to this battle which took place at Coral Bay/Road Town.

Then you have this battle, where Doran's Rakers jumped Chustler who was acting as bait somewhere outside Montego Bay.  Tommy and Scepo got in within 5 minutes or so, and I within 10-11.

There are many more examples.  Chustler once got jumped down at Ille a Vache, Tommy and I were up at La Tortue.  We were able to sail through the Windward passage and disrupt the battle.  Then when ROE was changed to 10 minutes and the British capital was at English Harbour, TDA set up our HQ at Plymouth, and we caused the entire British community to come on the forums and complain.  We'd gank the crap out of them, or if they tagged one of us, we all came sailing to the battle because we had mastered coordinates, and we had also developed an internal tool that tracked each fleet person's position on my map and automatically updated the position so we always knew where each person was located.  SLRN moved to  South America and then the Yucatan when we kept following them.  The ganking was so bad ROE had to be changed.

All this when we had few players in game.  Just think what it would be like now.  A Swede would tag a Dane at Hat Island and the whole Danish population would show up, or a Dane would tag a Swede and the whole Swedish nation would show up.

We've already tested open ended battles and long join timers.  They don't work.  Ganking always increases.  It allows you to exploit the coordinate system and pinpoint where you are so your entire fleet can show up.  And it allows Zergs to always win.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Those are both flight sims an MUCH faster paced than this.  

They are striving for realism doesnt mean it has to be a 1%er sim, like Steel Beasts Pro PE.  Or Falcon BMS.   

But it is a realism over fantasy game.  Otherwise we would have ships with rams, and mortars, and homing fireball cannons.  Oh wait that would be "Skull and Bones".

Where are they striving for realism?OW?instance?You fill up your crew middel of the sea.You are making crew from rum.You can rebuild your mast unlimited times.We have amazing ship knowledge system.Do y know where you can see  similar feature?In World of Warcraft.You killed 50 yellow spider you got a fireball spelll, next level you killed 150 fire-breathing chafer and you got level 2 fireball and its goes on and on.

So Which part is so realistic?

Where do you want draw a line between realism and fantasy?Where is comfortable for you and your gameplay or my gameplay?

Thats why i said they have to make a fair system for both side(attakers,defenders)and it doesnt matter its realistic or not.

9 hours ago, Prater said:

People don't realize we already tested open ended battles and they failed when Open World was in Closed Testing and had far, far, far, far fewer players than now when we had maybe 20-30 testers in the game at prime time and only 1 server (not even pve).  What would happen is you would start a battle, and then people would keep piling in.  The entire game was a gank fest.  That is the only pvp you would get.

So far, the best roe we have had was the WYSIWYG.  It had the most pvp and the hardest ROE for gankers and revenge fleeters.

Examples of open ended battles:

I tagged Mr Doran, he sailed away because he knew more of us were coming, I got his sails down, Northern Wolves was able to catch up.  See at 5 seconds into this video the white speck on the horizon?  That is Leviathan coming in after more than 30 minutes into the match.  He sailed from on the opposite side of Puerto Rico to get to this battle which took place at Coral Bay/Road Town.

Then you have this battle, where Doran's Rakers jumped Chustler who was acting as bait somewhere outside Montego Bay.  Tommy and Scepo got in within 5 minutes or so, and I within 10-11.

There are many more examples.  Chustler once got jumped down at Ille a Vache, Tommy and I were up at La Tortue.  We were able to sail through the Windward passage and disrupt the battle.  Then when ROE was changed to 10 minutes and the British capital was at English Harbour, TDA set up our HQ at Plymouth, and we caused the entire British community to come on the forums and complain.  We'd gank the crap out of them, or if they tagged one of us, we all came sailing to the battle because we had mastered coordinates, and we had also developed an internal tool that tracked each fleet person's position on my map and automatically updated the position so we always knew where each person was located.  SLRN moved to  South America and then the Yucatan when we kept following them.  The ganking was so bad ROE had to be changed.

All this when we had few players in game.  Just think what it would be like now.  A Swede would tag a Dane at Hat Island and the whole Danish population would show up, or a Dane would tag a Swede and the whole Swedish nation would show up.

We've already tested open ended battles and long join timers.  They don't work.  Ganking always increases.  It allows you to exploit the coordinate system and pinpoint where you are so your entire fleet can show up.  And it allows Zergs to always win.

Its not about open ended battles. There are so many ways devs could focus PVP, what should result more even battles than ganks. They should give multiplayers on PVP marks in certeain places, they should let OS move easier between outposts than now (what is better for defensive side), they should give protection against gankers, like a PVE flag for low lvl players, they can make PVE zones for "peaceful PVE grinding". All of us has tons of idea, how to make this game viable, just they dont have. Because they (or lets say the main developer) just stick unviable ideas. Like: if i make this huge, nice map, u have to sail on it 1-3 hours/ day if u want any action. I dunno how a developer team can be so casinged and without ideas. I still belive, core is so good.

Solution is simple actually. Slow down OW speed to battle speeds and allow us to fire cannons in OW. There problem solved, no need for instances anymore :) Now question is do devs know how to do it from technical perspective. And if you say "its not possible" then you are fool :lol: Everything is possible if you have time and will to do it B)

On 6/7/2017 at 5:41 PM, Rickard said:

yesterday I had an 1 hour PVP fight against L4rance from the French nation... so yes there is PVP.  If YOU want PVP they go to enemy waters and create PVP.

it's not that hard to understand right?......

It's hard to understand how you do not understand that a game shall be funny whil NA is very boring.

I do not mind the boredom and still play, but a lot of player just do not have enough TIME to comply with the multiple heavy timesinks that this game provides in each and every aspect thereof.

Edited by victor

12 hours ago, DrZoidberg said:

Its not about open ended battles. There are so many ways devs could focus PVP, what should result more even battles than ganks. They should give multiplayers on PVP marks in certeain places, they should let OS move easier between outposts than now (what is better for defensive side), they should give protection against gankers, like a PVE flag for low lvl players, they can make PVE zones for "peaceful PVE grinding". All of us has tons of idea, how to make this game viable, just they dont have. Because they (or lets say the main developer) just stick unviable ideas. Like: if i make this huge, nice map, u have to sail on it 1-3 hours/ day if u want any action. I dunno how a developer team can be so casinged and without ideas. I still belive, core is so good.

In this very thread people are asking for open ended battles...........

On to your arguments, very few people complain about sailing time.  And no, you don't have to sail 1-3 hours a day to find pvp, at least during prime time.  Now once you find people, it may take 1-5 hours before you can get back to port, but that isn't sailing time but the mechanics in the game.  No one is forcing you to sail all over the world.  That is player choice.  The main complaints are grind and revenge fleets/ganking.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1

Got on, and within my first hour I had captured a trader Brig with 200k loot on board and helped a Surprise + AI Essex kill an Indefatigable + AI Surprise.  Yesterday I killed a privateer, helped kill 2 surprises, took part in several minor skirmishes that resulted in no kills.  Not sure what others are doing but I am getting plenty of action during EU server prime time.  Now as an American playing on the EU server, population drops off and there isn't much action during North American prime time.

edits:  At 2 hours in, an armed trader Lynx.  That is 3 fights for a total of 2 hours.  And I just engaged at trader Brig, so 4 within 2 hours.  Tbrig  got away, engaged 1 tbrig + 1tbrig ai in front of Fort Royal, captured the player trader brig.  5 in 2.5 hours.  And another fight, ran the gauntlet of the French revenge fleet, thought I was far enough out, tagged the Lynx that was tailing me and was going to fight him, had an Indy, Snow, armed Trader brig jump in, but I got away.  Chided the Lynx for having backup join.  6 fights 3 hours.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 3