Game-Labs Forum

Naval no action, naval cross play action, naval gank action!

I will play till the end. I feel its close.

Nowdays no normal PVP available, just for some players, who has unlimited time. I have only 1 good PVP after wipe at KPR,  After wipe i participate in 5-6 gank as a victim and as a ganker aswell. I was in 2 empty PB for conquest marks, and i couldnt join in the third, as i was ganked by my nation alts, because they wanted to order who can go in and not.. Yesterday i go for event, where were a gankfest, but gankers kill some enemy, and some not, as they were thier alts.

So lets say: i can sail hours in this game for fun. I can PVE shitload in this game for fun. I cant PVP, because i dont have time for OS sailing, and the most players who love this part just left (just the HC stands and who has unlimited time). I cant go PB to figh as nowdays no PB-s, if there are, usually fake PB-s.

i have some idea, how to change, i write it again.

Dear Developers!

First of all, ur game is super, but u still stick to some mechanic make ur game unviable.

Appart from whining on forum, there is 3 reason players leave the game.

1. New players leave mainly because of the hard progress, they do mainly PVE, so PVP and especially ganking is bad for them.

2. There are a lot of boring sailing time implemented, 99% no action in it. This OS sailing get players from real action, what is bad for them and for the rest.

3. PvP and PBs are wrecked in the new system.

My suggestions:

1. Give an opportunity to players below "post captain" to flag themselfs with "Naval Student flag". If they sail in this with a warship they and thier missions shouldnt be attacked in home waters, and they shouldnt attack enemy or join PVP battles either. After that rank i dont think anybody leave because of some ganks, and they should be able to defend themselfes. 

2. Let all type of ships move automatically between outposts without cargo with 1 day penalty. In outposts should be an option to send ships to other outpost. The ships should get "on the way mark", and should arrive in targeted outpost at server reset or after 24 h . (It can boost PVP, smuggler activity, trader hunting/running game aswell what is good for the game). 

3. Let all players make outpost only at 1 freetown with the opportunity to move ship (automatically) and switch to ship there, so all nation PVP oriented captain can get thier joy, and we dont need sail hours and hours for some PVP, or for nothing. PVP marks should worth at least 20 combat mark or maybe more, like 30 -50.

Top of that i think u should make victory conditions for nations. I think u have to do it wisely, as if u destroy a nation, there will be player leak again. So i think victory conditions should be that: the nation wanted to win the map should take 3 port from 1 of these nations (British, Spain, Pirate), 2 port form 2 other nation  and 1 port from each rest nation, and has to keep all of thier ports, they own at start. If i count well, in  this system for the victory need 10 new area with the start area, but has to get from all other nations, not from one. Who wants to win, has to attack all other nations at least 1 time. The win conditions should be hard at this way, but really enjoyable. If a nation can do this, u should set the map back to the original conditions (area reset) without any other things (money, XP, ship, etc.... reset) reset. For victory the nation should get a victory mark, what shoud turn in for books what doesnt make big difference in game, but unique (like trained powder monkeys +8% relode rate, optimized strenghten rudder for same turn speed buff as optimized rudder with some +HP, and so one). If u make this System, u must change the conquest mark System to avoid fake port battles (need minimal BR to sink to get conquest marks) and u need to make the OS movement a easier to defend ports far from capital and to make available to attack nations far from home water. 

If u do this, the map will filled up with live. New players will be happy, PVP will be high, and in my opinion the game loose its player leak, and get some player growth.

Best Regards: ..

Edited by DrZoidberg
  • Like 4

Don´t know why you are complain @DrZoidberg, while I´m in N.A :

• Found my love in the Global Chat (You can join us at #TheLoveBoat)
  • I obtained an online degree from MIT
  • Finished to watch all movies & serials on Netflix.
  • Was ganked 3 times loosing all my money and ships, also stoped arriving PB.
  • Learned to play the piano.
  • Tested the performance of have at same time running Naval Action and Prey (it works!).

So, for me, after the wipe and the new rules, i only can find good things to improve myself as human. Next time I´ll run NA on my computer, be trying to find the solution to P vs NP, Hodge conjecture and to find better performance for RSA and 5DES ciphering algorithms.

I ONLY CAN SEE ADVANTAGES !!

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, CrispinKlander said:

Don´t know why you are complain @DrZoidberg, while I´m in N.A :

• Found my love in the Global Chat (You can join us at #TheLoveBoat)
  • I obtained an online degree from MIT
  • Finished to watch all movies & serials on Netflix.
  • Was ganked 3 times loosing all my money and ships, also stoped arriving PB.
  • Learned to play the piano.
  • Tested the performance of have at same time running Naval Action and Prey (it works!).

So, for me, after the wipe and the new rules, i only can find good things to improve myself as human. Next time I´ll run NA on my computer, be trying to find the solution to P vs NP, Hodge conjecture and to find better performance for RSA and 5DES ciphering algorithms.

I ONLY CAN SEE ADVANTAGES !!

[joke mode on] Indeed. I've never  been involved as much in household chores since I started playing NA. Figured I might as well clean the dishes and wash the laundry while AFK sailing. 

I tell you, NA saved my marriage and I'll be forever grateful to GL for that :) [joke mode off]

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rickard said:

yesterday I had an 1 hour PVP fight against L4rance from the French nation... so yes there is PVP.  If YOU want PVP they go to enemy waters and create PVP.

it's not that hard to understand right?......

I would rather pay Ubisoft - Skull and Bones than sail 2 hours in search for your imaginary 'pvp'. Go to enemy waters and get ganked, lol. No thanks. 

Edited by Lordicious

The current ROE is a huge middle finger to all that seek out for some PvP on the open world. The risk is way to high for the little fun you get and the countless hours you waste finding that fun. Just going to wait for Legends because I lost all hope in the OW Naval Action.

• Like 1

yesterday I had an 1 hour PVP fight against L4rance from the French nation... so yes there is PVP.  If YOU want PVP they go to enemy waters and create PVP.

To then get revegne fleeted :P

• Like 2

Well we was front of Havanna yesterday.We ganked 1 tbrig, saw 1 frigate in safe zone, 1 endymion.Thats all and we was sailling aurond 2,5-3 hours.Great game!

I can find PVP aswell, if i want. I have to go to La Habana form Belize. Usually from my guild noone comes, as they dont want 1 hour OS sailing there, and 1 from there. So i can go alone, what usually means no PVP, just a gank for them, or endless run for me. One day we patrol with friends around Belize, we dont get any fight, as usual, but about every 30 min 1 player just go to North alone towards La Habana. I told my friends, say goodby them, they are who cant stand this game and go suicide with thier ships....

Rikard, its not players fault, that game mechanics just killed PVP, its devs fault. This game should be a best seller on steam, but who doesnt dare to be great, never will be. They stick to thier bad mechanics, and that kill this beutiful game. I still hope they change, they showed up some sign of it after wipe (slow, but good react against basic cutter swarm). I really think in this 1-4 week they have the last chance to change, or this game go to the waste, and i dont think NA Legend will change this.

Edited by DrZoidberg
  • Like 3

Just now, Rickard said:

well thats just how it is to my opinion.

what is your plan to fix your problem ?

really? lol

IMO, the current best sort of compromise is to increase invisibility to at least 45 sec and also increase the speed during that invisible time, compared to ships that did not just leave a battle - OW speeds are messed up already anyway and are favoring lazy people by camping on a exact battle position, abusing the OW speed buff - but at the same time have a 2 or more minutes "you cannot attack anyone" timer so you cant use the invisibility timer as a cloaking device

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

really? lol

IMO, the current best sort of compromise is to increase invisibility to at least 45 sec and also increase the speed during that invisible time, compared to ships that did not just leave a battle - OW speeds are messed up already anyway and are favoring lazy people by camping on a exact battle position, abusing the OW speed buff - but at the same time have a 2 or more minutes "you cannot attack anyone" timer so you cant use the invisibility timer as a cloaking device

why dont just put back BS+signal perk?Problem solved.

1 minute ago, Cimbi said:

why dont just put back BS+signal perk?Problem solved.

because people brought up a valid point that you should not have to quit playing an MMO game due to not working game mechanics - Other MMOs have tons of ganking but dont have to deal with the phenomena of "revenge fleets" because there are no two dimensions of which one is 75x+ compressed

Also I suggested to bring back a standadrize (and maybe even tweak it, so def side could bring in 15 - 20% more BR) signaling perk for ALL battles which would stay open for ever so the old 5v1 ganks near a nations capitals would get somewhat reduced and punished - But people didn't seem to like it as they didn't think an OW in an MMO should be balanced - Fair enough I guess

• Like 2