Game-Labs Forum

Bring back pvp event areas

Another suggestion functionning as a "revenge fleet workaround":

Bring back pvp event area circles on the open world. 

Why? So people aren't forced to go to enemy waters if they're looking for pvp and attack players not looking for pvp, and by doing so also avoiding revenge fleets. If you currently want pvp, enemy waters is the only place to be, since there is not a single reason to be in the middle of nowhere for anyone. Lets give players a reason by re inteoducing pvp event areas and having special rewards.

Other MMos dont have the problems NA has, due to the fact that we have two dimensions, 75x compressed OW and battle instances. Ganking in other MMos happens regularly, such as Gloria victis. However there you only have one dimension, the OW in which also all the fights happen, hence no "revenge fleets".

In the pvp event zones, people that actively want to pvp, battle each other.

This doesnt drain people away from the other open world because as it is right now, pvp players cant be arsed to seek for pvp anymore due to the extremely likelyhood of revenge fleets. Wheter or not they're a good thing Ill let you decide, but as a matter of facts PvP is extremely suffering due to their existence.

We would need special rules for that zone, as in after a battle you get a random spawn point within the event area, which should be doable by the devs and also elliminate any "revenge fleets" in that zone.

Please dont tell me to wait for NALegends. I love the game as it is and even do some roleplay now and then. I can imagine NAL to become a bit boring aftet a while without the OW element.

So please, @admin, consider. It shouldnt take too much effort to put them back in as you already did the work before. And I dont see a good reason as for why they are a bad idea. They promote PvP between players that actally want to fight, and not ganking some noobs in their capital.

Let me know your thoughts.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 6

Sounds like a reasonable suggestion.

A potential issue is this: where do you locate them so as to be accessible to everyone?

In the past the locations were southwest of Shroud Cay (for shallow water) and north of La Nevasse (for deepwater). People could teleport to Shroud or La Navasse and then sail out.  You no longer have teleport to free cities.

The deep water event may be difficult for players from the US nation to get to, and shallow water event may be a challenge for people in the Danish, Dutch, French or Swedish nations.

How would you get around that?

• Like 2

I would love to see something similiar to the system Skulls n Bones will have: a big PvE and hunting area just like we have now and then specific PvP zones somewhere in the middle where you can only enter and fight in specific group sizes (1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 5v5 areas).

Maybe I should just wait for NA Legends

Edited by Jon Snow lets go

Trinidad was not as good as Haiti but still was another good event with PvP now and then running up to the PB yesterday.

Maybe, just maybe some players actually do engage in PvP while many others just rely heavily on PvE to unlock the PB PvP ( their favourite mode )

In any case, conquest points for PB done with PvP largely surpass anything that PvE can do. By thousand points minimum.

2 hours ago, fox2run said:

Makes little sence. Go to pve server with you and let the pvp server be like it was before where it enhanced pvp for the rest of us.

You're telling me to go to pve server? lol

7 hours ago, fox2run said:

Lets face it. OW is a very poor battle generator... 

Hours, weeks or even month of waiting for unequal battles.

Not fun.

On 28.6.2017 at 10:29 PM, fox2run said:

* bring back more duras - we need a combat game not a snorring game

* bring back a damage system that enhanced duels on a distance between SOLs. 

* reduce time needed in between the fights

* reduce waiting time

* make the battles open for unlimited time so we can have epic fights

* look at satus in february 2016 - best game back then!

You're saying you want both unlimited open battles (despite having an OW boost of approx the factor of 75), and are looking for unequal battles? To each his own I guess. Easy mode 10v1 roflstomps are not quite my thing. Where is the challenge / fun in it?

11 hours ago, Liquicity said:

You're telling me to go to pve server? lol

You're saying you want both unlimited open battles (despite having an OW boost of approx the factor of 75), and are looking for unequal battles? To each his own I guess. Easy mode 10v1 roflstomps are not quite my thing. Where is the challenge / fun in it?

Beating 10-15 enemy ships with 5-6 ships is challenge and fun even if y lost.:)

20 hours ago, Liquicity said:

Another suggestion functionning as a "revenge fleet workaround":

Bring back pvp event area circles on the open world. 

Why? So people aren't forced to go to enemy waters if they're looking for pvp and attack players not looking for pvp, and by doing so also avoiding revenge fleets. If you currently want pvp, enemy waters is the only place to be, since there is not a single reason to be in the middle of nowhere for anyone. Lets give players a reason by re inteoducing pvp event areas and having special rewards.

Other MMos dont have the problems NA has, due to the fact that we have two dimensions, 75x compressed OW and battle instances. Ganking in other MMos happens regularly, such as Gloria victis. However there you only have one dimension, the OW in which also all the fights happen, hence no "revenge fleets".

In the pvp event zones, people that actively want to pvp, battle each other.

This doesnt drain people away from the other open world because as it is right now, pvp players cant be arsed to seek for pvp anymore due to the extremely likelyhood of revenge fleets. Wheter or not they're a good thing Ill let you decide, but as a matter of facts PvP is extremely suffering due to their existence.

We would need special rules for that zone, as in after a battle you get a random spawn point within the event area, which should be doable by the devs and also elliminate any "revenge fleets" in that zone.

Please dont tell me to wait for NALegends. I love the game as it is and even do some roleplay now and then. I can imagine NAL to become a bit boring aftet a while without the OW element.

So please, @admin, consider. It shouldnt take too much effort to put them back in as you already did the work before. And I dont see a good reason as for why they are a bad idea. They promote PvP between players that actally want to fight, and not ganking some noobs in their capital.

Let me know your thoughts.

Sounds like you want the game to be what I suggested would inevitably happen in this thread, with maybe the addition of a couple scheduled small areas in OW for PVP.

1 minute ago, Justme said:

Great another lets turn this into a primarily PVE game suggestion/post.

How?

If you pvp / look for pvp you should know, enemy waters is the only place to be at. and since we will get kicked out straight to OW after a battle, being welcomed by ships profiting from the 75x compressed OW (aka revenge fleets), it often is pointless to even try. PvP event areas would be a nice place to get pvp without that stupid "game mechanic" 

Where did I suggest to increase PvE in this thread?

15 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

How?

If you pvp / look for pvp you should know, enemy waters is the only place to be at. and since we will get kicked out straight to OW after a battle, being welcomed by ships profiting from the 75x compressed OW (aka revenge fleets), it often is pointless to even try. PvP event areas would be a nice place to get pvp without that stupid "game mechanic" 

Where did I suggest to increase PvE in this thread?

By limiting PVP to restricted areas of the map. 2 or 3 PVP only areas and then the game is 95 percent PVE. Next you will suggest PVP events be restricted to once or twice a week or month, the rest of the time it will be 100 percent PVE.

5 minutes ago, Justme said:

By limiting PVP to restricted areas of the map. 2 or 3 PVP only areas and then the game is 95 percent PVE. Next you will suggest PVP events be restricted to once or twice a week or month, the rest of the time it will be 100 percent PVE.

Its not limited? you can still go to enemy waters if you feel like fighting revenge fleets?

oh wait now I get it..

You're not happy about pvpers not coming to your waters anymore in case the event comes back, so you cant revenge fleet them anymore :)

Besides I think it would generate way more PvP than it is at the moment. Many cant be arsed to sail for hours anymore in the middle of nowhere, since looking for pvp in the heart of enemy waters has proven to be pretty much suicide, due to the camping on battle position.

Why not let people actively want to fight, fight each other? instead of forcing them to go to enemy waters and sink players not looking for pvp?

The odds of 2 groups actively looking for pvp run into each other is next to non existant right now.

Edited by Liquicity

19 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Its not limited? you can still go to enemy waters if you feel like fighting revenge fleets?

oh wait now I get it..

You're not happy about pvpers not coming to your waters anymore in case the event comes back, so you cant revenge fleet them anymore :)

Besides I think it would generate way more PvP than it is at the moment. Many cant be arsed to sail for hours anymore in the middle of nowhere, since looking for pvp in the heart of enemy waters has proven to be pretty much suicide, due to the camping on battle position.

Why not let people actively want to fight, fight each other? instead of forcing them to go to enemy waters and sink players not looking for pvp?

The odds of 2 groups actively looking for pvp run into each other is next to non existant right now.

Can't recall ever revenge fleeting or ganking anyone, not my style but I can see why a player like you would favor it.

Some of us we actually enjoy the hunt, but maybe NA legends will be more your speed. Until then you should consider WOWS.

3 minutes ago, Justme said:

Can't recall ever revenge fleeting or ganking anyone, not my style but I can see why a player like you would favor it.

Some of us we actually enjoy the hunt, but maybe NA legends will be more your speed. Until then you should consider WOWS.

So where do you 'hunt' to avoid revenge fleets? 
Until recently I have always been trying to be more or less honourable, as an example, I had a 1v2, me in a cecilia vs two surps, but obviously they chained me to death so they could leave and form up with their 8 mates outside to then 1v10 stomp me. Hence my conclusion, if you don't want to waste hours of sailing in the middle of nowhere to meet the occasional afk indiaman, finding pvp is next to impossible, as national waters are a deathtrap.

I dont understand why one would think creating a daily pvp event zone for people actually want to fight each other would be a bad thing. Because in my view, the game currently is a PvE simulator as people cant be bothered to seek for pvp.

Can't fix the revenge fleet issue? Just remove game content for them :)

Liq is an ex British player he only knows how to pvp in greenzones where he knows where the barriers are. 

Hence wanting the events back!

It's a shame really!  We play on a pvp server pith pve mindset players. I'm disappointed in you liq

10 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Liq is an ex British player he only knows how to pvp in greenzones where he knows where the barriers are. 

Hence wanting the events back!

It's a shame really!  We play on a pvp server pith pve mindset players. I'm disappointed in you liq

Excuse me?

You are assuming all brits to be greenzone campers? lol, dont talk shit if you dont know anything :)

I used to be hunting in mostly french waters all day long before the patch.

Just because camping in the greenzone is what you prefered to do for the time you were a brit, that doesnt mean others did so too ;)

Besides - I am suggesting to REDUCE content for green zone / revenge fleet campers by having a pvp event zone where people actively looking to fight can battle. Dont give content to greenzoen campers / revenge fleeters.

Also - Do you realize the main reason for me to change nation from brits to DK is to be closer to where the OW PVP action happens, rather than being stuck on jamaica, and then would have to sail over there every single time? Except if I wanted to be a greenzone camper I would have stayed brit. But I dont lol - Before patch Brits was fine because you could teleport to free ports - did my hunting out of there - now you can't do that anymore

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 1