Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.2 - Changes to mission, crafting, ROE and other fixes

admin

A good game is a good game, and remains a good game.

That's true that the last patch changes lots of things and old playing styles are no more the best ones. Making money is now a challenge, but this is an achievable challenge. We have to join a guild. I give hundreds of thousands of gold to mine per week. I know better players than I who give millions a week. And still have money after that...

Choose your style, maybe another style than "before". 

Personally,  I was a guild crafter and a RVR player. Don't like the new RVR, don't like ganking. I am now a guild trader, and I contribute to defense fleets when trading is impossible in the area I am.

Not the same style, not the same fun, but style and fun. :)

• Like 2

I'm not sure about PvP EU but PvP Global has not yet begun to RvR.  I think it's because too many of the old dogs are still stuck in the "But we gotta have x25 first rates to attack a contested port!" mentality.   The nations sucked up the free land and had barely 1 or 2 real contested port battles.  The new system wasn't actually meant for 25 v 25 First rate contests as the norm. So untill the powerful nations actually start knocking heads and burning out the 1st rate hulls they have built up we won't likely see a real test of what the new RvR should look like.  I think we got decent tests of the new Econ system and the new ship combat and builds. Both seem to work really well.  But we are not going to see any real tests of RvR till the old dog power players grow some balls and attack someone without needing 25 1st rates to do it.  Perhaps to see what RvR is really going to be the Devs may need to just remove 1st and 2nd rates from the game for a few months.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Some are scared to lose boats it's #sad don't waste boats, spend them on PBS wisely

It's always been like that for certain nations (I'm sure you can guess the ones) back on PvP2 and many of the carry over the same notion.  They just can't get it in there head why they loose so much and part of that is they don't bring good ships built to fight, they bring crap from the store with no mods unlocked and base guns.   While others build ships to fight and come expecting to loose it and if they do they will take out a few on the way.

The two port battles I been on in GLOBAL I actually liked cause they did have such a mixed fleet, but we all know sooner or later it will get back to the meta of certain builds only in the port battles.   This is why we prob should just stop the nation thing and make the RvR more about Clan vs Clan fights.  Yah they are still effected by your nation, but it's in all honesty going to be the RvR guys that do them.  If they brought that land grant system Devs brought up before the Merg I bet we would see a lot more of the carebears getting into the fights if they want to keep there land grants/buildings.  That is why I like the CM system right now, but still needs some work to it.  

Maybe a clan owns the regions and they have to pay an upkeep or the region becomes easier to flip.  The upkeep can be paid partially by a tax of all goods sold in that region.  Things like that would make it more interesting.

5 minutes ago, Darayavahus said:

1. You take Basic Cutter, put open magazine access
2. Group up with several friends
3. Sail to enemy port where you can find many players
4. Attack AI ship pulling Enemy players aswell
5. You use fire tactic to destroy bigger ships
6. Win :)

the step 5 is doubtful so 6 won't work against any enemy that keeps its cool and temper.

12 hours ago, Darayavahus said:

1. You take Basic Cutter, put open magazine access
2. Group up with several friends
3. Sail to enemy port where you can find many players
4. Attack AI ship pulling Enemy players aswell
5. You use fire tactic to destroy bigger ships
6. Win :)

The devs already tried so much to prevent such kinds of behavior ... 

but if you love your basic cutter so much there would be an easy solution for that. if someone does sth like that remove all xp from the account (they anyway just need the first rank for crewing a basic cutter) remove all gold (basic cutters anyway are free) give the gold and the ships of that account to the one who got damage buy such kind of behavior.

use a damn lynx for that kind of tactis and noone can complain ...