Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 1 for patch 10.1

admin

Agree with many of the posts above. Playing British Nation with coal ports at extreme ends of the map (6 game-days or more sailing each way) and many other resources similar distances the game has become mindless long haul sailing to try and support the crafters. Add to this virtually no PVP, uncontested port battles continuous PVE grind to make money and what is left? So much for a PVP oriented game.

2 minutes ago, admin said:

You don't have to sail both ways if you build ships around the resources. And you still can tp with ships from outpost to outpost in your nation without any cool down or limitation. But resources have to be transported - not teleported.  Arranging convoys or sailing in fast traders still provide ability to transport required resources faster.

You can't build a ship yard in any port you don't control - so we have to sail - I doubt the Spanish L'Ocean/Bellona/Aggy fleets are made of fir or oak so we need live oak and white oak etc - never very convenient. At the start we could not build shipyards in any coal port even if we had any. 

7 minutes ago, admin said:

basic cutter is a pve basic ship to get the grasp of the game. For pvp upgrade to pickle or privateer - which are cheap and provide immense fun (and safety)

Which is still sooner than many games allow.  Many of them won't let you do any PvP until you have level up so many levels  (something like level 10 our of 50).  So if you want to get into PvP there is the Cutter and Lynx of that level that you can get into or other ships as you level up.  Love this change as it stops the troll abuse by folks all ready maxed out level.  It wasn't new players using them for PvP it was maxed out Rear Admirals using them.  Good job and thanks for the quick fix tot his problem.

• Like 1

Just now, admin said:

without.. strange autocorrect

ok thought id missed something there

even so ..your suggesting everytime for instance i want to transport cannons from belize to kpr ...that i have the choice of sailing from kpr to belize and back again 3 hours one days worth of game play

or i get all the mats together and build a ship everytime i only want to sail one way ??

tell me your joking

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

even so ..your suggesting everytime for instance i want to transport cannons from belize to kpr ...that i have the choice of sailing from kpr to belize and back again 3 hours one days worth of game play

or i get all the mats together and build a ship everytime i only want to sail one way ??

tell me your joking

Don't forget additional Dock Expansion for more ships required. :)

1 hour ago, admin said:

nearest deep water port

To me that means that if you are sailing in a warship and hit tow to port you can become stuck in an enemy port with no way to undock your ship.

That can't be the intention right? Or am i not seeing this correctly?

11 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

tell me your joking

Burningsails says that trip should be 3.4 days (1 hour, 8 mins est) @ 19kts.   So even with the round trip that is two hours.  No one said you had to make your cannon production in Belize and or main econ port being KPR.  Move to a port that is more central for all your econ.  We went over this before when you where complaining about coal and other things.   Pick a smarter location to shorten your trip between all your resources.  You don't have to make that trip every day too.  If you get into a bigger trader or bring more than one with some clan mates make a big trip once every couple of days.   Make sure both ways is profitable for every one. 

Work smarter not harder....

2 minutes ago, Knobby said:

To me that means that if you are sailing in a warship and hit tow to port you can become stuck in an enemy port with no way to undock your ship.

TP don't dock youin the port :) If you use it wrong, you simply risk to be captured or sunk :D 

3 minutes ago, Knobby said:

It doesn't send you into the port.  You are telported to the front of the port on the OW.   Just like the return to capital.  That port might just not be friendly. It's suppose to be means to get unstuck if something goes bad not some free telport back home.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Captains - hot fix is being deployed today to live servers

Discuss

Despite the flawed game mechanics, e.g. pve missions&fleet missions, economy and actual state of pvp, inflatonary new currency and so on, when do you fix such obvious flaws like npc ships sail through whole islands? Before the mega 10.0 patch they sailed only through beaches and stones, now LGV sails in battle through jungle and escapes. In open world they sail from Fajardo through the island of Pasaje and comes out on the other side, infront of CS you see so many npc ships coming out of the eastern land stop in CS and sail through the ridge line westwards. Why have you put the function AI path finding routine  from not perfect to worse? I hope before this game is dead you hire a professional game producer who helps you to get this game back on a way where non 24h/7day a week players can play this in future.

Tried moving resources to warehouse to help with the personal warehouse "suffle" which is essential for crafters - its full - more time wasted doing "warehousing" now - more grinding for money to add warehouse slots - please can we have some fun!

1 minute ago, Gysendorf said:

Despite the flawed game mechanics, e.g. pve missions&fleet missions, economy and actual state of pvp, inflatonary new currency and so on, when do you fix such obvious flaws like npc ships sail through whole islands? Before the mega 10.0 patch they sailed only through beaches and stones, now LGV sails in battle through jungle and escapes. In open world they sail from Fajardo through the island of Pasaje and comes out on the other side, infront of CS you see so many npc ships coming out of the eastern land stop in CS and sail through the ridge line westwards. Why have you put the function AI path finding routine  from not perfect to worse? I hope before this game is dead you hire a professional game producer who helps you to get this game back on a way where non 24h/7day a week players can play this in future.

NPC crossing lands in OW is something critical for you ? Personally, it's at the very end of any to do list.... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, charognard666 said:

NPC crossing lands in OW is something critical for you ? Personally, it's at the very end of any to do list.... 

it worked better in the past, but sometimes I think the devs sits around with something to drink dont want to do the open issues and think lets ruin something what actual worked in this game, and let me say they did it!

Btw when do you fix the Login failed with the SteamAPIInitFailed() message which is since MEST 09:30? Dont you want players on your servers?

2 minutes ago, Gysendorf said:

it worked better in the past, but sometimes I think the devs sits around with something to drink dont want to do the open issues and think lets ruin something what actual worked in this game, and let me say they did it!

Btw when do you fix the Login failed with the SteamAPIInitFailed() message which is since MEST 09:30? Dont you want players on your servers?

Can't you be less agressive in your post captain ? You are really unpleasant.... 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, rediii said:

You lost because you did the wrong things, not because of longs.

You wasted 45 minutes in the portbattle sailing around when you should have gotten close with your better performing medium guns.

The next thing you did wrong was to not attack as soon as possible again. You rather did nothing instead

(You = GB)

After that you didnt defend pitts town or grand terre.

Thanks for sharing you wisdom in all matters.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, admin said:

Captains - hot fix is being deployed today to live servers

• a basic pve farming ship. It will not be able to attack players and join pvp battles and outlaw battles (battles originated against the player) as reinforcement. It will still be pulled into combat instance if he is in the pull circle.

Does this mean that a basic cutter with traders in fleet is immune to being attacked? and thus a fool proof way of trading 100% safe?

• Like 1

Playing British Nation with coal ports at extreme ends of the map (6 game-days or more sailing each way) and many other resources similar distances the game has become mindless long haul sailing to try and support the crafters. The British Nation will not now grind for resources 6+ hours a day. (This is not eve because you can be ganked at any time) so this will reduce the numbers of Brit players over the next 4 -6 weeks from shear frustration as they see all their gained ports progressively wiped out by SOL fleets of Pirates and other Nations. This game was good fun when we had arranged Trafalgar Battles on a Saturdy night!  Do you remember that?! It's a game not an attempt at passing your life away mindlessly because in truth only a very small number of players will do that and I cant see what  is the point of putting such a game on the open market. Do you?

Add to this virtually no PVP, uncontested port battles continuous PVE grind to make money.

What you seemed to have done here is to make it exponentially more difficult for some nations and they will dissapear and change allegiance.

This is a rant yes but we love this game (in principle)

My guess is that the player base will dwindle to say 200 again and then you will change the whole thing yet again to a different set of issues.

Why don't you seek advice from one of the more successful game developers about what sells and what people want and are prepared to put up with?