Game-Labs Forum

Mega Patch 10.0

admin

11 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Is there any community made list of the breakdown of repair amounts per cycle per ship ?

Preatty sure not yet, but it's not like we have a lot of ships to play with right now with either not being sold in shop or just can't craft yet.

Ok, so I may have done things a little wrong but this needs fixing. Because I decided to change nations after the patch I never collected my redeemable s because it seemed easier to leave them as it  saved me having to move them to my new home.  Therefore went to a Free Port followed all the instructions and changed nations and all my redeemable s disappeared.

Is there any way I can get them back please.

16 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Yes, repairs are very expensive.  I agree completely. (Maybe even a bit too much)...    

However, keep in mind the point of this.  We had it very easy before.  Anyone could easily become a millionaire and sail any ship with impunity.  Those days are over. 

Sail what you can afford to lose.  

Then I had better stay in the basic cutter for the foreseeable future as I am not gifted enough to make sufficient money to afford to do otherwise.

And the new players. does the same advice hold true for them? If so what about progression? In the old system a new player could at least see his crew size and rank increase with time and aspire to larger ships. With the system as it is, his progression will solely be dependent on wealth. Hence the hardcore PVP game will become a hardcore trading game.

I just encountered another issue. I have 3 ports and 5 ships. I used teleport to go to another of my ports to buy a ship. This was successful so six ships total across 3 ports. But I find that I cannot afford guns for my new ship so am forced to go back to my basic cutter to grind. Now I find that I cannot buy another basic cutter in this port because lack of dock space. I only have 1 ship in this port. Nor can I teleport to pick up my existing basic cutter in another port. Is there a limit of 5 ships in total irrespective of number of ports? I tried to expand the docks but the cost is 250,000 gold. I tried fleet but that appears to have been changed.

Then when I try to sail I find I cant leave port because I don't have enough crew. My mistake I should have checked before I bought the ship. I am lucky in that I just had enough money left to buy the minimum crew so that I can leave port.

So now I must sail back to KPR from Kingston in an unarmed ship (6 game days) or sail to one of my other ports and sell one of my redeemed ships which I cannot replace.

Is there a limit to 5 ships total? Or is this a bug? If its a design feature its another in the long list of frustrations.

Edited by SeamanStaines
another issue

44 minutes ago, SeamanStaines said:

I just encountered another issue. I have 3 ports and 5 ships. I used teleport to go to another of my ports to buy a ship. This was successful so six ships total across 3 ports. But I find that I cannot afford guns for my new ship so am forced to go back to my basic cutter to grind. Now I find that I cannot buy another basic cutter in this port because lack of dock space. I only have 1 ship in this port. Nor can I teleport to pick up my existing basic cutter in another port. Is there a limit of 5 ships in total irrespective of number of ports? I tried to expand the docks but the cost is 250,000 gold. I tried fleet but that appears to have been changed.

Then when I try to sail I find I cant leave port because I don't have enough crew. My mistake I should have checked before I bought the ship. I am lucky in that I just had enough money left to buy the minimum crew so that I can leave port.

So now I must sail back to KPR from Kingston in an unarmed ship (6 game days) or sail to one of my other ports and sell one of my redeemed ships which I cannot replace.

Is there a limit to 5 ships total? Or is this a bug? If its a design feature its another in the long list of frustrations.

It's a feature, 5-6 ships across all your ports, more space can be bought but for a lot of gold, also even in extending dock space there's a limit to that also, can't remember 15 or 20, fleet you need the perk and you can't store the fleet ships in fleet they come with you every time guessing to stop people using fleet as extra dock space.

Edited by jhnshep

6 hours ago, Hotfish said:

Ok, so I may have done things a little wrong but this needs fixing. Because I decided to change nations after the patch I never collected my redeemable s because it seemed easier to leave them as it  saved me having to move them to my new home.  Therefore went to a Free Port followed all the instructions and changed nations and all my redeemable s disappeared.

Got to have a Ship like a basic cutter to see the redemables

6 hours ago, Hotfish said:

Thanks to the Devs for reinstating my redeemables, I really appreciate their assistance even more of a fan of NA than I was before!! :-)

3 hours ago, SeamanStaines said:

And the new players. does the same advice hold true for them? If so what about progression? In the old system a new player could at least see his crew size and rank increase with time and aspire to larger ships. With the system as it is, his progression will solely be dependent on wealth. Hence the hardcore PVP game will become a hardcore trading game.

Progression does not limit your play in any ship. You will just have no knowledge to be able to use it more efficiently. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, admin said:

Progression does not limit your play in any ship. You will just have no knowledge to be able to use it more efficiently. 

Yes agreed. However my point was raised in response to the statement "only play in the ship that you can afford to lose". The point being that with high costs its prohibitive for many to afford to play in larger ships.

2 minutes ago, Darayavahus said:

To Admin:
Cutter Grind Grind Grind... lose ship worth 30k and 100k in cannons, another 50k in repairs and crew... Cutter Grind Grind Grind

we (maybe we are wrong) believe that the eco will stabilize once crafters realize that cannons is a great item to profit on and start making more of them. 

the cost of 24lb carronade is 500   you can outfit a 50 gun ship with carronades for just 25000 

If no-one will make cannons of course they will be expensive.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, admin said:

we (maybe we are wrong) believe that the eco will stabilize once crafters realize that cannons is a great item to profit on and start making more of them. 

the cost of 24lb carronade is 500   you can outfit a 50 gun ship with carronades for just 25000 

You mean when you provided only Coal source for Great Britain just next to Danish capital.. and next closest one on Spanish/Pirate defended coast? (GB failed the PB loosing shit tons of Indefs).

KPR Coal on PvP EU sells now for 500 per piece...

Just now, admin said:

You're starving gold. Of course this leads to stability. Stagnation would be a better word.

I hope that as well as monitoring eco you are also keeping a close eye on what players are actually doing with their time. How much more PvP there is following the wipe. Or not, as the case may be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darayavahus said:

You mean when you provided only Coal source for Great Britain just next to Danish capital.. and next closest one on Spanish/Pirate defended coast? (GB failed the PB loosing shit tons of Indefs).

KPR Coal on PvP EU sells now for 500 per piece...

there is a coal source between every nation to fight for
britain can capture coal from spain in sant iago or santo domingo region.

this was of course NOT A PLAN to deny coal to britain. We though britain will cap the coal nearby. 
Coal is under review basically. 

US can capture the coal right below their capital in another spanish region. 
There also could be undefended coal sources in the gulf of mexico. 

That's a joke right? A hello kittying joke? At the start assuming Heavily Contested Port Battle will be won by one side?

US Global did conquer a Coal region.

GB Global did conquer a Coal region.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

US Global did conquer a Coal region.

GB Global did conquer a Coal region.

Does that mean anything on PvP Eu... no? Or are you just comparing to different servers, should GB on PvP EU just feel ashamed that you hello kittyed up "start up" economy?

You just made the learning curve so steep that a lot of players are frustrated.

Edited by Darayavahus

19 minutes ago, admin said:

The problem is that is production price at the best.  But the reality is I'm sailing them for 4000 and folks are buying them.  I just figured a little higher than the store mediums since they resources i have to spend labor hours on (are you counting that?) and travel of getting my goods to port.

11 minutes ago, admin said:

there is a coal source between every nation to fight for
britain can capture coal from spain in sant iago or santo domingo region.

this was of course NOT A PLAN to deny coal to britain. We though britain will cap the coal nearby. 
Coal is under review basically. 

US can capture the coal right below their capital in another spanish region. 
There also could be undefended coal sources in the gulf of mexico. 

Brtis took Cartegena de Indies (spealling) on Global....that is prob another close Coal source.   Our US flipped the region below.  SO they can get it if they get off there arse and go for it.  I'm really not having an issue with coal as most of the stuff unless you want longs or big Carros take charcoal any way.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

4 minutes ago, Darayavahus said:

Does that mean anything on PvP Eu... no? Or are you just comparing to different servers, should GB on PvP EU just feel ashamed that you hello kittyed up "start up" economy?

You can still smuggle your way in and out of a coal port.

But if control of a region is what matters Britain has, whatever server, direct access to conquer two regions with Coal. Right north from Jamaica or in Panama ( as was done by GB on Global ).

Also you can raid enemy coal trade route and get coal.

There, 3 options for you to get coal. Which one will you pick ?

Not our problem don't ya'll have like three times our numbers?  French is even taking a port and they are smaller than US and GB.  Us Pirates haven't done any flips cause we want to get into our PvP ships and a good source of back up money, cannons and ships first.  So maybe ya'll just need to get a bit aggressive and take some easy ports.  Than again Pirates have coal ports.  We prob loose one of them soon though and than we will have to haul it from Kidds region.