Game-Labs Forum

Post-Wipe will the game be worth playing?

1 hour ago, victor said:

"having fun"

Can't get more to the point than that :) Rhethorically speaking that is. Which is totally dependent on us players and how we manage our time and expectations.

22 hours ago, Shrez said:

Have fun with dev rigged poll about Dura.

If you're referring to this poll:

If it was rigged the result would be completely opposite. As has been documented many times, devs think 1 dura is a bad idea and wanted to implement 3-dura. We the players insisted on 1 dura and we got our wish. According to the poll, the general opinion has not shifted.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

If it was rigged the result would be completely opposite. As has been documented many times, devs think 1 dura is a bad idea and wanted to implement 3-dura. We the players insisted on 1 dura and we got our wish. According to the poll, the general opinion has not shifted.

That guy is just a hater mate.
He did not even want to lift his ass to check who voted, but still spitted his comment about "rigged poll". You would just save a lot of time by just ignoring him

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

I'm not really sure why some think it's a good idea to already abandon the 1 dura idea when we havent even tested it yet?

1 durability ships will stay until release and beyond. The die is cast. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

I'm not really sure why some think it's a good idea to already abandon the 1 dura idea when we havent even tested it yet?

I personally like it. Risk involved.

Devs should never had listen to the public opinions and suggestions during the alpha/beta phase. They should have focused on bug reports. Produce the foundation and a complete playable game first. Then once finally released then listion to suggestions and see what could work using a testbed. Big brands are starting to do this, for example Civilization VI.

Last year i loved this game. A bit grindy but when I did earn a rank and new ship I felt a since of accomplishment. Glad we are reverting back to much of the foundation I use to enjoy and building upon it.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2017 at 0:22 AM, Lord Vicious said:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I heard there were changes to pirate mechanics, considering I can hardly be bothered to play the game in the last 6 months, I figured it was worth asking.

On 5/6/2017 at 0:04 PM, Shrez said:

Ye try this without alts in one week impossible.

And that is why when I post stuff I make it very clear I have alts and that it would take a solo player longer, so 3 chars would take 3 times as long.  You shouldn't be able to make a mid tier ship in a week or couple. I remember when I started and way before I had alts It took me months to make my first ship.  Yah I made some trader brigs (still got it with all dura's.) and cutters and such, but I had some one build my first Surprise for me after months of playing casual.  Than as soon as he built it I was able to get the BP's (the only reason I couldn't build it was bad BP drop....RNG hated me).   Than I was off to making Trincs soon after cause I had stocked up so much during that time getting ready.  When I first posted I made my first ship I stated in the same time a small clan of about 5-10 guys should be able to do the same or out perform me (figuring not every one is active as a player like me).   They should be able to get them selves into the same tier ships within a week or two if they work together.

Solo players are going to have it hard no matter what.  They will get out performed on things like crafting by any one with alts or a clan.   Sorry it's the hard mode and you will never perform at the rate as a clan will.  Well unless that clan just flat out sucks.

On 5/7/2017 at 10:30 AM, admin said:

1 durability ships will stay until release and beyond. The die is cast. 

I really don't see a problem with the 1 dura ships and I even like the new woods options.  My only problem is time to build compared time to being killed and get back into a ship.  The casual players are going to be the ones effected the most by this, not the hardcore players.

• Like 1