Game-Labs Forum

To US on PVP2

JobaSet

31 minutes ago, koltes said:

I remember couple of PVP1 guys coming over and calling us out for a duel. Been very loud. Very arrogant. Very demanding. I have sunk them. They disappeared like they went under water for real. Sure bring it on, but dont be too cocky :) 

As well as captain skills we also value a good character... if not more

Duels are not quite the same as port battles. I'm only going off of what I see. Compare your port battles to any on pvp1 and see for yourself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Arrogance is never a good thing.

Duels are naught but frail in nature. Good practice but horrible teachers.

Best teacher is OW against the odds, in a seemingly weaker ship.

I never been a big fan of duels cause real battles don't have rules and they never end up how you plan them out.

I think the merger will be good for all.  It will give some sides some new faces and numbers.  Might get some new folks to rise up to take charge of some of the fights since some of the old folks in control won't have the numbers to remain in control.   And if they take off the 2 battle limits one group can set up a battle during there time and another at another and it's not just one time we have battles a day.  It's going to be at any time with an assortment of players.  It's just that we get folks to change nations and spread out the numbers over the nations to give a better balance over all.

So when that day comes we will see ya'll at sea.

Fair winds and Safe Sailing...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aventador said:

Duels are not quite the same as port battles. I'm only going off of what I see. Compare your port battles to any on pvp1 and see for yourself.

it would be interesting to see our tactics in pvp2 vs the line tactics in pvp1. The only reason why line tactics worked and guerilla tactics didnt in real life age of sail combat was because the vulnerability of the ships they were sailing. I notice even in pvp1 that the initial engagement is a line yes, then 10 minutes in they turn to a massive blob.

Which is a shame to be honest, the old school line fights were absolutely amazing to partake in compared to the current one that tends to devolve into free-for-all brawls.

4 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Which is a shame to be honest, the old school line fights were absolutely amazing to partake in compared to the current one that tends to devolve into free-for-all brawls.

One of the problems is when you line fight you have to have time to move and get into positions.  We use to line fights for the old port battle system with the towers to fight until we got BR or keep BR (defense).  That cause the longer we keep them from getting BR the longer and better chance we had to win. Most the times in those battles it came down to running out of time.  So with the new system we found with the cap circle thing that sinking gives you a faster win if the other side has the numbers to control circles and it's hard to line fight in the circles and control them so you take it to brawls.   

Than again I'm a  Pirate so why the hell would I want to fight fair any way lol

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Well, the circles might've added to it, but the real demise of line fighting was when hull penetration mechanics were implemented - back when shots from 500m were still dealing damage you could bring 10 ships to bear on a single target at range making line fighting extremely deadly when properly executed by a disciplined fleet, now you'd be lucky to get 2-3 ships to bear at less than 200m which makes FFA the only option. Hopefully future tweaking of the thickness values and whatnot will make it somewhat viable again.

2 hours ago, Aegir said:

Well, the circles might've added to it, but the real demise of line fighting was when hull penetration mechanics were implemented - back when shots from 500m were still dealing damage you could bring 10 ships to bear on a single target at range making line fighting extremely deadly when properly executed by a disciplined fleet, now you'd be lucky to get 2-3 ships to bear at less than 200m which makes FFA the only option. Hopefully future tweaking of the thickness values and whatnot will make it somewhat viable again.

And mainly stern and bow rakes do hello kitty all. Oh. You just put 60 cannon balls into an enemy's stern? Well apparently most of the crew has magical cannon deflecting abilities and masts apparently dont go below deck. So you never demast or kill most of the crew on a stern rake, which was historical to happen. Now of course i understand the balance issues for this and why this isnt the case in the game, but i mean, if this happens to everyone in the battle, and you dont have a lot of people sink, then there is your balance to the 1 dura ships...

2 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

And mainly stern and bow rakes do hello kitty all. Oh. You just put 60 cannon balls into an enemy's stern? Well apparently most of the crew has magical cannon deflecting abilities and masts apparently dont go below deck. So you never demast or kill most of the crew on a stern rake, which was historical to happen. Now of course i understand the balance issues for this and why this isnt the case in the game, but i mean, if this happens to everyone in the battle, and you dont have a lot of people sink, then there is your balance to the 1 dura ships...

I mean hell, when i am low on side armor i give my stern or bow because i can crew a 1st rate no problem severally under crewed due to experience, rather no crew than no ship at certain points in the battle.

The Match has been Lit, Lets watch The Us coast, it will burn from the top all the way down.  Even the Aliens will never invade to take back their stolen tech, The care bears that stole the teli port technology are safe. The Aliens are too worried The Pirates will fight for humanity.  And even they don't want to fight the pirates.

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Aventador said:

Yeah mate, we have done it all. Small fleets, lines, took positions etc. We now fight in what we call true pirate style. For you (outside our TS) this might seem to be a mess, but its actually a bee hive team work. Our tactic is to bring chaos to  your lines. In this chaos we fight as one living organism acting and executing as one.
We get beaten time to time, but this only brings joy. Who whats to fight without challenge right?
As I said, you bring it on. Even if we lose don't take your victories for granted. We are quick learners. Pirates are known to adapt to anything fast.

9 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Arrogance is never a good thing.

Duels are naught but frail in nature. Good practice but horrible teachers.

Best teacher is OW against the odds, in a seemingly weaker ship.

I don't agree with this. Dueling is your best way to get to know your ship properly in a fight. You will be able to pull those extra seconds, extra hits, just the right angles, etc only on the ship that you have had duelled against many different opponents who emply different fighting techniques. Dueling in our clan is a regular training tool. This is what keeps us sharp, creative and very efficient.

A team of great duelists will kick butts of people who don't duel as a practice. Why? Because people who duel their ships know it so well they can pull off some amazing shit.

Same applies to OW. Its not a duel, its an OW practice. I sail 95% of the time solo in 5th rate. In order to survive my chose is no armor speed setups. This also means that when you actually accept the fight you must know your ship so well to survive. Best I have sunk in Renommee was 2nd rate. I have sunk few 3rd rates and countless 4th rates. All thanks to hundreds of duels as well as my ability to get me ganked... probably because my black flag is very well known around KPR waters. If I dont get ganked its not a fun night.
In PB's in SHTF situations when one of us gets surrounded its all good too, we keep our cool and treat it as OW gank and we have survived plenty of those thanks to duels

Edited by koltes
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, koltes said:

Yeah mate, we have done it all. Small fleets, lines, took positions etc. We now fight in what we call true pirate style. For you (outside our TS) this might seem to be a mess, but its actually a bee hive team work. Our tactic is to bring chaos to  your lines. In this chaos we fight as one living organism acting and executing as one.
We get beaten time to time, but this only brings joy. Who whats to fight without challenge right?
As I said, you bring it on. Even if we lose don't take your victories for granted. We are quick learners. Pirates are known to adapt to anything fast.

This is amusing.  

Let's hold off on assessing each other's abilities until we actually meet in a port battle. 

• Like 5

I look forward to the formation of a Global Server in which we can all play.

I also look forward to sailing and trading cannon fire with many of the gentlemen who have commented on this thread; should be a blast if I do say so myself :D

However I most look forward to the nature of alliances. For now the Old Guard of NPG/IGG/CKA are strangling their nations based on an agreement bartered by dead clans nearly a year ago. But now with this... Who knows what will happen?

Change is a grand and glorious thing to those who want and need it, but these clans are not the most innovative of types. I wish anyone luck who decides with their clan 'Lets play GB' or 'Lets play USA' - They will do anything to retain control. And trust me when I say this, they will do anything.

Edited by Juan Alfonso
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Juan Alfonso said:

I look forward to the formation of a Global Server in which we can all play.

I also look forward to sailing and trading cannon fire with many of the gentlemen who have commented on this thread; should be a blast if I do say so myself :D

However I most look forward to the nature of alliances. For now the Old Guard of NPG/IGG/CKA are strangling their nations based on an agreement bartered by dead clans nearly a year ago. But now with this... Who knows what will happen?

Change is a grand and glorious thing to those who want and need it, but these clans are not the most innovative of types. I wish anyone luck who decides with their clan 'Lets play GB' or 'Lets play USA' - They will do anything to retain control. And trust me when I say this, anything.

I get a feeling when the merger happens there will be a bit of butting heads in every nation.  Hell if pirates have the Pirate vs Pirate we might be to busy having clan wars against other EU pirates lol

You never know, but yah lets save the pissing contest for when the merger happens and we get the lines drawn out. I got a feeling that first month is going to be a hot mess as every one gets us to working with each other and against new enemies.  Maybe some folks will be facing each other for the first time when they use to fight side by side.  Maybe some of the old enemies will now be at your side fighting along with you.  

I would like to see the green vs green enabled once again. That way if there is a turncoat working against my nation I can sink his butt instead of watching them laugh and sail away after screwing the hell out of my nation.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Raekur said:

I would like to see the green vs green enabled once again. That way if there is a turncoat working against my nation I can sink his butt instead of watching them laugh and sail away after screwing the hell out of my nation.

To much chance for abuse, hell even Pirates vs Pirate will prob be complained about since we can tag each other to get out of fights.  One thing I didn't get to test was if two pirates tag each other and it's an open FFA can other nations join them?  Need to get a few guys on test to test  a few things like this.

I wasn't here pre-alliances. Did that mean you were "At War" with all or was there something like "At War" and "Enemies"?

It would be interesting if a clan of one nation had a verbal alliance with one nation and was assisting them by screening while at the same time, another clan from said nation was assisting the OpFor by screening.

1 minute ago, Farrago said:

I wasn't here pre-alliances. Did that mean you were "At War" with all or was there something like "At War" and "Enemies"?

It would be interesting if a clan of one nation had a verbal alliance with one nation and was assisting them by screening while at the same time, another clan from said nation was assisting the OpFor by screening.

You pulled a flag that cost you any where from 150K to 600K and you had two hours to plant that flag.  If you plant it there was a port battle. It didn't matter who or what nation it was.  Though there was a cool down before you can buy another, but you can have 5 other folks pull 5 other flags.  So basically every one was just enemies of each other.

13 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You pulled a flag that cost you any where from 150K to 600K and you had two hours to plant that flag.  If you plant it there was a port battle. It didn't matter who or what nation it was.  Though there was a cool down before you can buy another, but you can have 5 other folks pull 5 other flags.  So basically every one was just enemies of each other.

Thanks. Well that sounds like a frantic hot mess tho one that must have put a lot of action in Naval Action. Let's hope that AFTER we get these other things implemented we can come up with a fun, more intricate way of getting to the port battle stage. I like the concept of building hostility in a region to a climax but running a few missions against AI fleets isn't it.

On 3/21/2017 at 9:32 AM, OneEyedSnake said:

US, GB, and Dutch are outnumbered by the Pirate, Dane, Spanish, Swede, French super mega carebear alliance which has easily three times the aussies and Chinese and just as many Americans to fight at this point in the game.

It is just a fact that US, GB, and the Dutch, have lost ALL of their silver ports, the Dutch all their Gold and special woods ports, and the Danes and pirates own them all and we can't do anything about it. When us Dutch go out to grind with everyone we have twice the amount of pirates show up. Was talking to a couple pirates the other day and they feel like they got duped into sympathy when they went pirates and probably plan on leaving when the server is wiped. The pirates simply just were upset when the fine woods came, went the carebear way and quit, like quitters do, and then when they coul got the easy win because they were reminded, oh hey if we all get back on we outnumber and out perform them, that's just a fact, we could easily take whatever we want whenever. 

dFbC8bb.png
 Proven Fact Dutch Math is just bad. Pirate are larger than everyone. LOL

Real Facts From navel Action.  US with 31.63% and Great Britain with 28.5%  make up  60.13% of the Sever Pop and lets throw the Dutch in at 4.7% and they are Just Shy of 65% now before you go and say it that is total number of ACCOUNTS as that nation they may have not logged for 6 months.  

So if you look at Saturday or Sunday the big three still come out to be 60.87% for Sat and 62.57% of population play on those days.  So now that you know what real math looks like, not sure you under stand it.

What that means the is the  big 3 are 3 times the size of the Pirates.  Que the crickets.

Just blame it on Pirate Hacks, It the best complement you can give to a Pirate.
We will Stick with the facts that are 100% true.

1. most don't know how to build a boat Right, and don't even put upgrades on them,  2. Running only works 1 in 10 times. 3. Fighting even in a trader is your best odds of getting out alive, may give you a escape window. 4. Forts, Towers, Fleets are a crutch; if you first instinct is to run to them when in a even fight You should Die and you may be playing a game that is above you intellect..

The big three Have proven one thing, that short operations like "Camel Toe", "Dutch Oven", and one I didn't think we could Pull off "Lone Ranger" are a extreme Disruption to them.  And now that we know this it like xmas morning as a kid for the Pirate, get free stuff from you every other day.

Every single time a Care bear calls out or says Pirate hacks,  one lucky Pirate gets a new boat,  The only Pirate Hack that has been proven, documented, exploited, and works 100%, every time.  The Forts and Fleets hot fix didn't fix it. But I am sure they are working on fixing it only time will tell.

/mic Drop

Edited by JobaSet

4 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Well PvP1. This is what is coming to your server. Even more arrogance, hello kitty, old grudges, stagnation, lying, and more finger pointing than a Mick Jagger concert. 

Dude it's all going to get wiped and we are having fun. I mean they did attack us so we attacked back.  That is what RvR is all about.  I'm sorry your little lets be friend and peaceful crap needs to go to PvE section. If you don't want to PvP than don't get involved.   They had over 35 players at that port battle with the screeners so it's not like they are hurting on numbers.  Hell we where short a few players most of the battle as we didn't even have a full 25 until  a few guys showed up late.   If they can't protect there own home front during there own prime time being the largest nation in alliance with the second largest nation than that is not our fault. 

Why are you even posting on PvP2 stuff?   Shouldn't you be over in PvE or PvP1 doing stuff?  For some one that hates the server so much you keep coming back to make comments.

5 hours ago, JobaSet said:

dFbC8bb.png
 Proven Fact Dutch Math is just bad. Pirate are larger than everyone. LOL

Real Facts From navel Action.  US with 31.63% and Great Britain with 28.5%  make up  60.13% of the Sever Pop and lets throw the Dutch in at 4.7% and they are Just Shy of 65% now before you go and say it that is total number of ACCOUNTS as that nation they may have not logged for 6 months.  

So if you look at Saturday or Sunday the big three still come out to be 60.87% for Sat and 62.57% of population play on those days.  So now that you know what real math looks like, not sure you under stand it.

What that means the is the  big 3 are 3 times the size of the Pirates.  Que the crickets.

Just blame it on Pirate Hacks, It the best complement you can give to a Pirate.
We will Stick with the facts that are 100% true.

1. most don't know how to build a boat Right, and don't even put upgrades on them,  2. Running only works 1 in 10 times. 3. Fighting even in a trader is your best odds of getting out alive, may give you a escape window. 4. Forts, Towers, Fleets are a crutch; if you first instinct is to run to them when in a even fight You should Die and you may be playing a game that is above you intellect..

The big three Have proven one thing, that short operations like "Camel Toe", "Dutch Oven", and one I didn't think we could Pull off "Lone Ranger" are a extreme Disruption to them.  And now that we know this it like xmas morning as a kid for the Pirate, get free stuff from you every other day.

Every single time a Care bear calls out or says Pirate hacks,  one lucky Pirate gets a new boat,  The only Pirate Hack that has been proven, documented, exploited, and works 100%, every time.  The Forts and Fleets hot fix didn't fix it. But I am sure they are working on fixing it only time will tell.

/mic Drop

Joba, we don't have 35 players as Dutch. If you count the pirate acts and swede Alta in our nation maybe. But I'd ask your source for that.

21 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Dude it's all going to get wiped and we are having fun. I mean they did attack us so we attacked back.  That is what RvR is all about.  I'm sorry your little lets be friend and peaceful crap needs to go to PvE section.

Its remarks like these that make me want to put you on ignore. Not once did I state I want everything to be PvE, peaceful, or friends. PvE is why I am taking a break from consistently playing on PvP2. All the server has become is PvE, Port Battles, and at times piss poor PvP OW. Even the port battles are mostly crap because of the significant imbalance in populations.

27 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Why are you even posting on PvP2 stuff?   Shouldn't you be over in PvE or PvP1 doing stuff?  For some one that hates the server so much you keep coming back to make comments.

Because PvP2 is my home damnit. I started here and plan to stay here. I do not know why you keep mentioning PvE unless you are trying to insult me. I am waiting to find out what the merger is going to be before I continue doing anything on PvP1. I do not hate the server. I hate how a few individuals have just run away with it. I miss the days when Crimson, SOL , and SOB were the big dogs on campus. Everyone was still able to talk to one another and did not have to resort to this stubborn stagnation, teamspeak banning, and finger pointing we have now. 

• Like 1