Game-Labs Forum

Technical problems and bugs

admin

13 hours ago, Capt Robertson said:

Started Naval Action a few days ago but having some serious issues.

Have a Cutter, Privateer and a recently purchased Snow.  Rank is 2/Lt

Snow:  When I enter a Combat Mission battle with the Snow . . first the ship acts normally I I set up the canons etc.  Start to move but, after 1 - 2 seconds, ship stops and refuses to move or turn for the duration of the battle.  Has now happened three times.  The privateer does the same after being in the battles for a minute of so.  Cutter is fine.

Have tries auto/manual skipper but nothing seems to move the ship.  I say nothing, but in my first battle in the Snow it started to move again near the end of the battle but stopped again after 1 - 2 seconds.

Any ideas?

In open seas, all the ships steer and work perfectly.

Captain, please provide screenshots when it happens or send a report via F11 with the ship in battle (the once you've sent you were in a port already).

your issue sounds like a technical problem within your internet itself i asked my friend if he has experienced something like this and this is what he gave me as it shows the pings over 5,000 he said a few minutes after that it peaked over 10,000 and then went back to normal flow he was using poor internet at the tame of this shot and hasn't had this problem in a long time but with that said try looking at your internet it might help.

20160606230243_1.jpg

On 13.12.2016 at 10:38 PM, Wraith said:

Is it possible you're turning into the wind and getting stuck in irons, i.e. not being able to catch wind to move?  Do you see your rudder or yard arms turning?

Yes,  I think you are right.  Thanks.

On 15.12.2016 at 4:30 AM, Captain Pickle said:

your issue sounds like a technical problem within your internet itself i asked my friend if he has experienced something like this and this is what he gave me as it shows the pings over 5,000 he said a few minutes after that it peaked over 10,000 and then went back to normal flow he was using poor internet at the tame of this shot and hasn't had this problem in a long time but with that said try looking at your internet it might help.

20160606230243_1.jpg

Hello Pickle.   I have super fast fiber optic connection.  The problem appears to have been a game issue of being wind grounded.  Thanks anyway.

On 15.12.2016 at 6:24 AM, sea Cucumber said:

hay i had this same problem yesterday is it realy a connetion problem its anoying but fun to watch

It's, apparently, a game issue.  When you go into the wind you can become grounded and need to use manual sails to get out eg Z C  / for front sails and Q E for the rear.

17 hours ago, Ink said:

Captain CptMatteo,

pvp leaderboard updates after all battles started within pvp event time are finished, please check this thread:

Precisely [EDR] aria present with me in battle appears in the ranking 20 minutes before the end of the timer (3 kills and 4 assists) and me no updates: 0 points (3 kills and 2 assists). Even after the end of the countdown. Nothing in redeemables.
Problem: no update

467537201612160000.jpg

667666201612152326441.jpg

cordially

Edited by CptMatteo

2 hours ago, CptMatteo said:

Precisely [EDR] aria present with me in battle appears in the ranking 20 minutes before the end of the timer (3 kills and 2 assists) and me no updates: 0 points (3 kills and 2 assists). Even after the end of the countdown. Nothing in redeemables.
Problem: no update

The issue is under investigation.

1 minute ago, OneSpartan said:

Hi,

Just bought the game on steam. I have to use 32 bit version. I can run OK until I try to sail. Press sail and I get a splash picture then it crashes!

No idea what to do from here.

Mike

To clarify, you run second option on Steam Launcher "Play Naval Action Beta (x86)? What are PC specs?

On 17.12.2016 at 6:28 PM, OneSpartan said:

Yes. I select the second option because my OS is 32bit.

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

Intel Quad CPU Q6600 at 2.4Ghz

4Gb Ram

Nvidia GT430

Unfortunately 32 bit OS is barely supported but here are few tips:

1) Make sure you have installed Redistributable Packages that needed to run the game.
2) Upgrade GPU drivers or make a clean install.
3) Try to set lowest graphics settings to check if it works.

Hope the issue will be solved after those tips.

• 3 weeks later...

поймал на днях 2 бутылки!!!заюзал обе...в итоге на карте отображается только одна бутылка!!!!2я просто исчезла....не кажется ли вам что это бред!!!что юзаешь 2 бутылки одна пропадает 

7 hours ago, climbatiz said:

поймал на днях 2 бутылки!!!заюзал обе...в итоге на карте отображается только одна бутылка!!!!2я просто исчезла....не кажется ли вам что это бред!!!что юзаешь 2 бутылки одна пропадает 

Спасибо за фидбек. На данный момент следует открывать бутылки поочередно, возможно поменяется в будущем

This might have been mentioned before. Hard to navigate using my phone through all the posts on this thread. So I apologize ahead of time if I missed the solution to my issue from a previous post. 

My issue is the friend request and clan invite seem to not work consistently. I would click the button but the person would not receive the invitation/request.

NA friend invites used to only work for your own faction.  If you sent to another faction player, the invite would appear to go but would never be received.  I believe they were modified in Q4-2016 to allow you to invite allies as NA friends also, and probably still works only this way.  Not sure about how pirate invites work.

Invites to clan are obviously your own faction.  What problem are you having with that, I've never seen any?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

NA friend invites used to only work for your own faction.  If you sent to another faction player, the invite would appear to go but would never be received.  I believe they were modified in Q4-2016 to allow you to invite allies as NA friends also, and probably still works only this way.  Not sure about how pirate invites work.

Invites to clan are obviously your own faction.  What problem are you having with that, I've never seen any?

Thank you, this is most helpful. 

For clan invites on occasion I would send out an invite and they would say they never receive one. I would have to spam the button till they receive one. 

• Like 1

I have an issue with my Keys. When I press Q, D, C, the C button does not work. It is as though these three keys are for some reason tied together. I have to double tap C or Q to be able to do the moves together. Is this a problem with game setting, or (more likely) my keyboard, and how would I fix this? It's a year old Toshiba laptop, the keyboard is definitely clean with nothing stuck in the keys, and it's been doing this since I bought it. TY for any advice.

• Like 1

Just now, van der Decken said:

I have an issue with my Keys. When I press Q, D, C, the C button does not work. It is as though these three keys are for some reason tied together. I have to double tap C or Q to be able to do the moves together. Is this a problem with game setting, or (more likely) my keyboard, and how would I fix this? It's a year old Toshiba laptop, the keyboard is definitely clean with nothing stuck in the keys, and it's been doing this since I bought it. TY for any advice.

I have a custom made desktop and on occasion when I want to close out of the Open World map, "M" key does not work. I would have to hit "esc" just to exit the map and it will bring up the main menu.

• Like 1

Just now, PolishMartyr said:

I have a custom made desktop and on occasion when I want to close out of the Open World map, "M" key does not work. I would have to hit "esc" just to exit the map and it will bring up the main menu.

Same here, it happens probably 2-3 times a week, and only in the last month or so. Sometimes I have to hit Esc a few times before it will finally close.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, van der Decken said:

Same here, it happens probably 2-3 times a week, and only in the last month or so. Sometimes I have to hit Esc a few times before it will finally close.

You're lucky then. I get it about two to three times per day.

To me it is not a horrible issue. Never in a situation where I will be killed when the bug arises. Just something I noticed recently.

Edited by PolishMartyr
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Captain, most likely it is a local issue, have you tried to google the issue, something like this?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ink said:

Captain, most likely it is a local issue, have you tried to google the issue, something like this?

Appreciate it, yes I have searched, even chatted with tech support. They say I have food under my keys. lol.

Edited by van der Decken