Game-Labs Forum

DonJuan DiMarco suggests - ALL PORTBATTLES ARE CANCELLED

Donjuan Dimarco

4 hours ago, Lord Vicious said:

2268e18a8c.jpg

As I said to Otto yesterday in /global...

There are many Russian Groups playing in multiple nations. Accusing all Russians for something a single group has or has not done is narrowminded and I am pretty sure punishable for breaking conduct rules, since what you've been doing lately is constantly accusing and shitslinging based on nationality, not a player.

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Lord Vicious said:

Better be in a precarius equilibrium revealing cheats, then stay in the mud "covering" the abusers.        Do you remember who revelead to the community over a year ago the  duping  of the blueprints?  or the pump perk op/exploit?     I play for competition, and if i win i wanna have all the rights to  shovel it  in your face , nowing that it happened thrue better skill always using legit methods. , winning by cheating  make you the biggest looser ever. And my tollerance for that is 0. since i started playng online counterstrike  4.3 back in 1998. when e-sport was at beginning. 

How is that i always reveal this things? and how is that usually they come from the same community using it?

I am the only one with eyes, or someone "close his eyes" when a certain group use this stuff?  1 time is a coincidence 10 times is not

If you where doing your job better we would not be here :) , you seams super ager to censor instead condamn. 

Your tollerance is 0 for all russians. Did not you call the Russian yesterday "untermensh"?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lord Vicious said:

Better be in a precarius equilibrium revealing cheats, then stay in the mud "covering" the abusers.        Do you remember who revelead to the community over a year ago the  duping  of the blueprints?  or the pump perk op/exploit?     I play for competition, and if i win i wanna have all the rights to  shovel it  in your face , nowing that it happened thrue better skill always using legit methods. , winning by cheating  make you the biggest looser ever. And my tollerance for that is 0. since i started playng online counterstrike  4.3 back in 1998. when e-sport was at beginning. 

How is that i always reveal this things? and how is that usually they come from the same community using it?

I am the only one with eyes, or someone "close his eyes" when a certain group use this stuff?  1 time is a coincidence 10 times is not

If you where doing your job better we would not be here :) , you seams super ager to censor instead condamn. 

Over the last month or so we keep hearing the nationals saying we must be dupping this and that on Pirates PvP2.  We just learned tonight what this exploit was by one of our players that explained it all to us.  Well makes us wonder how many of those nationals that suppose knew about this enough to blame us for using exploits know about it and if they where actually using it themselves.  We don't have to exploit cause most of us are level 50 crafters in my clan and just about every one us have captured several first rates so we have so many ships we are running out of dock space.  Never even thought about the exploits.  Well now we know what the hell they been talking about.  Instead we are very happy to let the devs look over our chars as we have nothing to hide.  We reason we beat the Nations on PVP2 is purely skill and the fact we are so well organized in our clan.   They just can't get it in there head how 15-20 players can beat some of the largest nations and clans on the server.  Well get organized folks and you will understand.   Glad some one pushed the devs to fix this with a quick hotfix, but would be nice if they fix some other exploits and problems with hotfix's faster too.  Some times it takes drastic measure to get them to do things it seem.s

So now I know what the hell dupping accusations have been about I'll wait for the nationals to accuse me of some other hacking thing cause they keep getting there arse handled to them.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Christendom said:

Regardless of the finger pointing, this was the best way to ensure swift action.    

And evade punishment. What better way to evade than to "infect" as many people as possible to avoid it as the banhammer would become too draconian.

Edited by Kloothommel
  • Like 3

Guest sruPL

I want to see proof of spy finding out that RUS used this exploit. I don't say they didn't, but claiming that without proof is silly. I know a bit different story, but maybe I will get to learn new things.

9 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Im absolutley sure that devs can easy check who duped upgrades and since when.

Jeah, but will they give a shit? I dont think so.

On 9.3.2017 at 1:19 PM, Hethwill said:

It is the responsibility of captains to report exploits and game breaking bugs.
If you found something that allows you to receive abnormal amounts of XP, money or goods - please report this by using F11 or on the forum.
Its ok if you used that bug for testing reasons and reported all cases to us. It is not ok to use the exploits consistently.
Captains with abnormal net wealth will have all their assets removed and in subsequent cases their accounts deleted. 

Captains, thanks to Lord Vicious this exploit was spotted, tommorow there will be server side hotfix to fix it. One of the goal of Early Access is to clean the game from exploits like that before release, (a couple of other exploits are being investigated right now as well ) please continue to report them via F11 or direct pm on forums. Please avoid open share to prevent further usage of exploits till it fixed.

Pretty contradicting...

• Like 5

Personally I'm not going to use this exploit even though part of me wants to lol.....I agree with Otto that should be easy enough to see who has been using exploit for X amount of time before was made public knowledge.. the question is Do they want to?

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of a official statement from devs about what there going to do about doubled or stockpiled gold mods, also what doing about users of exploit before and after the grand reveal by LV. I know ink said mods are being changed so won't matter but if either alliance has a stockpile of gold mods it will matter until new system is implemented.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kloothommel said:

And evade punishment. What better way to evade than to "infect" as many people as possible to avoid it as the banhammer would become too draconian.

It depends on how you view the problem.  If LV is trying to shame the devs into action due to their negligence in stoping the dupe 4 months ago, then a public video/announcement is the best way to go about this. I know a couple people who were aware of this earlier than the announcement and said they reported it to the Devs who failed to take action.  

Of course your suggestion that LV learned his secret was out there and he made the video to cause widespread duping to cover your tracks is also possible.  

Id like to hear one way or the other from admin, see who gets punishment.  I doubt anyone will. 

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Same here and i think dev's will just do a fix and everyone who doubled their goldmods to a point where they have 20 or so will continue to have them until modsystem is changed (in many months)

if that's the case why bother with the game, early access should not be a shield that protects cheating 

• Like 5

I can confirm that it is fixed, but after asking around that the duped were not removed.  This is in my opinion a lot like stopping a counterfeiter from printing but letting him keep all the money he made.  To me at least this sends a clear message that cheaters won't be punished.  Maybe i'm jumping the gun and action is incoming, but right now that's how I feel about it.

Edited by Augustus Charles Hobart H
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

I can confirm that it is fixed, but after asking around that the duped were not removed.  This is in my opinion a lot like stopping a counterfeiter from printing but letting him keep all the money he made.  To me at least this sends a clear message that cheaters won't be punished.  Maybe i'm jumping the gun and action is incoming, but right now that's how I feel about it.

I second the emotion. This is too big and gamedisrupting an exploit to let slip.

• Like 2

This is a crystal clear line in granite, not sand. Either the pre-reveal exploiters are punished or all the words about disciplinary action for cheating mean absolutely nothing. As I said earlier, I don't care a flying fig who or how many there are. There needs to be swift identification and multi-week game bans for all involved. If they are part of the inner circle of 'testers', or mods - they shouldn't be any more - period.

Saying it's all going to be good when the ship mods get removed by future patches is NOT GOING TO CUT IT,

• Like 4

Please allow time for an investigation to be made.  There are a lot of assumptions being made here, a lot of them are false.

I know for a fact that an investigation is happening. How effective it can be is subject to possible limitations of the current logging and database system.  It's a lot harder to investigate and find a solution that won't accidentally delete "good" items than to fix the bug itself - massive updates to a production database, and systems to parse logs that will work to find the problem, are NOT always easy to do.  I have made a good living for nearly 20 years as a software engineer, and have had first hand experience (unfortunately) attempting to determine good data from bad data - it can be VERY difficult.

Give it some time, allow the system to work, and let's keep the torches and pitchforks to a minimum until there's real reason, and real proof (if any) of wrongdoing.

We have a new rule today:

Please read the note from Moderation at the bottom of that linked post.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maturin said:

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll come to you for help with their database shortly, since you are so well-acquainted with the technical details.

I *have* worked with SQL databases and the only way Wraith is wrong is if some very basic information is not being logged with each Shop contract transaction. Seeing as it's been patched, I have no qualms about getting more specific. In this case, if a ship's mod was bought and the buyer and seller are equal, you've got a potential tribunal case. Who ordinarily buys a mod from themselves?? I'm surprised the game ever allowed this at all.

Anyway - the SQL query conditions are simple...

• item = mod
  • buyer = seller
  • date < reveal

Check records pulled and calculate sum of instances for each player name. No issue with anyone doing it once just to prove what they heard was true - but send PM advising that failure to report the exploit is a violation of EA agreement.

If player used exploit...

• 'x' times - game ban of short duration.
  • 'y' times - ban of long duration
  • 'z' times - perma ban

It's just that easy.

Edit: if GL isn't using a SQL database for the records - then ya gotta wonder why.

Edited by Angus McGregor
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2017 at 7:44 PM, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

Please allow time for an investigation to be made.  There are a lot of assumptions being made here, a lot of them are false.

I know for a fact that an investigation is happening. How effective it can be is subject to possible limitations of the current logging and database system.  It's a lot harder to investigate and find a solution that won't accidentally delete "good" items than to fix the bug itself - massive updates to a production database, and systems to parse logs that will work to find the problem, are NOT always easy to do.  I have made a good living for nearly 20 years as a software engineer, and have had first hand experience (unfortunately) attempting to determine good data from bad data - it can be VERY difficult.

Give it some time, allow the system to work, and let's keep the torches and pitchforks to a minimum until there's real reason, and real proof (if any) of wrongdoing.

We have a new rule today:

Please read the note from Moderation at the bottom of that linked post.

Well before you purged my replies to this topic and issues a warning. I made a fair suggestion. Give everyone these rare "lol" modules as redeemable items. Some players like myself have gone through 1 year of naval action with only junk non craft able modules.

certain cretins have these items due to exploiting the game and will from your replies not be dealt with. You want happy testers who don't abuse game mechanics or exploit to stay in this game and have an even chance against them exploiters? Give everyone the modules until they are removed in the later patch you and other dev/mod team are speaking about!