Game-Labs Forum

Ship selection poll?

16 minutes ago, SteelSandwich said:

Anyone got a clue when its due? I got some excellent ship suggestions waiting :)

I'm counting on some of those proposals being Danish ships Steel. ;)

- I'll be re-suggesting 1 of the danish ships that got onto the poll but didn't manage to get in. (A 66 Gun ship) :3

Edited by TommyShelby
  • Like 1

Interesting Tommy, im inclined on posting the followings ships (all have hull ready):

1806 Admiraal de Ruyter, mighty 80-gunner, check this topic for images, plans and additional information:

the 1806 Venus, 20-gun corvet with interesting battle performance, check this topic for images, plans and additional information:

The 1802 Euridice, a beautifull 32-gun frigate with interesting hull design. Beautifull ship, a more elaborate topic will be created for her, in the meantime this has to suffice:

euridice_in_water.jpg

The 1785 Delft:

15965348_1235786946476358_12496552930513

Besides those, im heavily supporting the Fama for this poll as well. I think she is a beautiful ship that not only will suit our current line-up very well, i think the nation she represents as well is well worth it.

@LeBoiteux I sure do hope so! Would be a nightmare for the underrepresented nations if those would be allowed. Then again, i would not be surprised either way to be honest. Small nations don't get much love so far anyways.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, SteelSandwich said:

@LeBoiteux I sure do hope so! Would be a nightmare for the underrepresented nations if those would be allowed. Then again, i would not be surprised either way to be honest. Small nations don't get much love so far anyways.

"Small" nations have already had love during the last poll... :)

IMHO, the first criteria for the selection of a ship shouldn't be her nationality but her looks, sailing qualities, number of guns, class...

Light frigates, corvettes, ship-rigged sloops and sloop-of-war should get more love ;)

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

I would love to see ship-rigged sloops added into the game en masse. Realistically, they made up large portions of navies and were common at sea. They're also pretty neat; I would enjoy sailing such vessels. We currently have this jump from the brigs/cerb to 9pdr frigates (with rattle technically being our only ship-rigged sloop I think), skipping over that entire class.

Second, I would support more third rate designs. We just have the two third rates, both virtually identical with little variation; it would be neat to see some more third rate designs out there in-game. :)

10 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

"Small" nations have already had love during the last poll... :)

IMHO, the first criteria for the selection of a ship shouldn't be her nationality but her looks, sailing qualities, number of guns, class...

Light frigates, corvettes and sloop-of-war should get more love ;)

By all means i didn't mean to imply that the last poll wasn't good. Nor was it my attempt to insinuate that nationality was the first criteria. :)

I'm of the opinion that one can find plenty of good looking, well sailing and interesting ships in all nations. I'm 100% certain that IF the attempt was made, and the effort to research them, you'd have an excellent line-up with diversity on national level as well. And judging by the shipyard, the research effort was made.

I'm absolutely confused to why ships like the wappen are made, partially to please the german backers of this game, but this line of thinking can't be extended to the regular ship building?

Edited by SteelSandwich

9 minutes ago, SteelSandwich said:

I'm of the opinion that one can find plenty of good looking, well sailing and interesting ships in all nations.

Indeed like the unselected Spanish 16-gun corvette Descubierta or the Dano-Norwegian 24-gun frigate Christiansborg of the 2016 poll :)

But there'd also be some interesting French ships to add to NA ;)

Edited by LeBoiteux

24 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

Indeed like the unselected Spanish 16-gun corvette Descubierta or the Dano-Norwegian 24-gun frigate Christiansborg of the 2016 poll :)

But there'd also be some interesting French ships to add to NA ;)

I welcome those ships, if only i got to choose the ships^^

well i just don't understand why there is not a specific nation  poll with several ships of that nation

that would be a far more interesting solution 

specially because they would do some starter packs 

I'm pretty sure that a couple of Dutch ships will be the winners for sure Steel so don't worry :P

Other than that it would be amazing to see the Fama ingame after all the info @Fluffy Fishy has gathered. Ship rigged sloops or sloops in general, corvettes and ships from countries not so common would be amazing.

And at last we will have to wait for them to actually make it into the game. The waiting and the agony for that is the worst part!

• Like 1

I would like to see a lot more options on the 2nd-4th rates generally, especially as 3rd-4th rates (in game rating) made up the majority of fighting fleets during the broad time period, with 74s still being the most numerous fighting ships of the period for the majority of maritime nations.

I have poured days of my life into that Fama thread now, she's not an easy ship to research either and would do anything to claw in a vote or two for her, she would also be a fantastic choice to make 4th rate battles more interesting than 25 Agamemnons vs 25 Agamemnons. Other than that Venice needs representation mainly due to the staggering history, to name some points that deserve recognition of things Venice did; The first scientifically designed ships, The first super frigates, and the Venetian arsenal is to name but a few of a long list of achievements that go mostly unrecognised due to the nature of history being full of lies, for example In England we are taught that the royal navy was the first organised state navy since the romans, by that time Venice had been operating theirs for around 800 years.

At this point I'd like to hope we see ships make it from the nations who gave so much or just have no recognition despite having large maritime industries or navies, or even something a bit more different and interesting, what ever happened to the xebec? I'd just like to see at least one ship from Denmark-Norway, the Dutch, Venice (or at least Italy), Portugal, Spain and maybe even the Ottomans.

• Like 6