How many pvp events per day  

65 members have voted

1. 1. How many pvp events per day

• 3 per day
    • 5 per day

7 minutes ago, admin said:

Question

How many pvp events per day: 3 or 5?

5 per day will allow more timezones to be involved and will allow to shorten the event a bit 

5 could be good but pls make more pvp deep events near server prime time (16:00 - 24:00) , good job!

at the moment we got (server time):

1: 12-15 deep

2: 20-23 shallow

3: 03-06 shallow

it is really bad, and pls make ladder rewarding not only kills, but also assists and damage dealt ;)

Edited by elite92
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Same feeling here.

This has been thrown around the US PVP1 TS3.  

Why cant we have massive AI fleets that sail around, and a massive global announcement saying that a treasure fleet has been launched from a set region, headed to another.  (Now you have a PVE event that is IN game and moving.

As for PvP events... just have bonus rewards for PvP kills, that ARE not in a specific region. 

we had this before - it did not work. Massive shipwreck brought people in and no-one was fighting ;)

• Like 1

OW events are pretty good and i like them but i think small and large battles have to be promoted. Do you remember Trafalgar battles every saturday? It would be great if devs create Large and Small battles events. Frigates battles, SoLs battles.... I think lot of people would be really interested.

• Like 4

Focus on making OW PvP everywhere viable and attractive instead of drawing people into certain areas for certain ships to fight certain people for certain arbitrary rewards. If anything, this only deals with the symptoms of dwindling player numbers and contributes even further to kill PvP activities anywhere except for there.

4 minutes ago, Pablo Frias said:

OW events are pretty good and i like them but i think small and large battles have to be promoted. Do you remember Trafalgar battles every saturday? It would be great if devs create Large and Small battles events. Frigates battles, SoLs battles.... I think lot of people would be really interested.

yes sure that would be great! i suggest 1 small battle event per day or maybe 2 with the same mechanics of the ow pvp event. so a ladder and prizes that rewards most valuable players in the small battle(damage dealt+kill+assists)

if u put this small battle event at 20:30 server time there will be tons of players involved and there will be fun and no time lose , easy. after that small battle u can put a nice event OW pvp so u can involve also players that love ow stuffs

Edited by elite92
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rychu Karas said:

Why not one for whole day and whole OS?

the reason we split events into separate timezone events is this

We want to solve the so called chinese farmer issue. Right now the event runs for a manageable time and everyone has an equal chance. 

If events ran for 20 hours then only people who play 20 hours per day will be on the leaderboards

if ppl are doing pvp they know where to find it. I think also that concentration drive away a lot new players trying their first steps into pvp, because they afraid new water and swarms of pirates. IF we encourage enough players to do pvp we dont need to concentrate them into one place. and maybe you will find pvp everywhere.

ENCOURAGE ppl is the most important. not forcing but encouraging.

But whole day will not limit ANYONE? during down time could be summary of the day.

End there is no system which limit nolifers... now they can participate in every timezone too and take 3 prices per day: ]

Edited by Rychu Karas

6 minutes ago, Rychu Karas said:

But whole day will not limit ANYONE? during down time could be summary of the day.

End there is no system which limit nolifers... now they can participate every timezone too and take 3 prices per day: ]

our system does exactly that. It is the system that limits players who have unlimited time .. they can participate in 3 events and you can in One but you also have a chance if you sink 1-2 good ships. The beauty of the system is that it satisfies both groups!

if the event runs for whole day you have no chance if you only have 3 hours and they have 20

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Same feeling here.

This has been thrown around the US PVP1 TS3.  

Why cant we have massive AI fleets that sail around, and a massive global announcement saying that a treasure fleet has been launched from a set region, headed to another.  (Now you have a PVE event that is IN game and moving.

As for PvP events... just have bonus rewards for PvP kills, that ARE not in a specific region. 

What we need are Port raids, small port battles that will draw attention. That will grant PvP around the clock.

For the topic: Yes please increase it to 5 because i always come home from work when the deep water event is about to close.

Edited by Pada
forgot a word :P
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pada said:

What we need are Port raids, small port battles that will draw attention. That will grant PvP around the clock.

For the topic: Yes please increase it to 5 because i always come home from work when the deep water event is about to close.

we will run this vote till tomorrow and if it stays this way we will change it to 5 on friday before weekend

• Like 5

Not sue if more events will be the holy grail. If you take a look, its mostly the same bunch of players appearing in the top 10. So intooducing more events might just give tthat lot of players even more ship chests and paints.

Edited by Batman

6 minutes ago, Borch said:

uahahaha you got me i didnt knew that. How about we spread the kill points around whole OW instead of 2 small circles only and do this 5 times a day? deal?

open world is simply too large for this to function: cirlces are here to help people find themselves away from ports and forts and towers, we are doing this pvp events because ow pvp is simpy to dispersive for 300 players. events are working well. make ur outpost at la navasse and try it, u will find them to be funny. ow chasing and ganking under santisima fleet and towers at the moment is not good for pvp

8 minutes ago, elite92 said:

open world is simply too large for this to function: cirlces are here to help people find themselves away from ports and forts and towers, we are doing this pvp events because ow pvp is simpy to dispersive for 300 players. events are working well. make ur outpost at la navasse and try it, u will find them to be funny. ow chasing and ganking under santisima fleet and towers at the moment is not good for pvp

just give PVP points and rewards for all PVP. Introduce port blockades to rise hostility.

Before last patch I was able to find quite a lot of PVP around Hat island. I play for Dutch - so there were Pirates, Danes and Swedish.

Unnatural PVP zones just ruins PVP sandbox and make game from OW one to session-based one.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Borch said:

uahahaha you got me i didnt knew that. How about we spread the kill points around whole OW instead of 2 small circles only and do this 5 times a day? deal?

Open world died with 9.96, its just a giant empty space filled with tons of AI.

Most people who are crying probably havent even tried the PvP event yet =)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vaan De Vries said:

just give PVP points and rewards for all PVP. Introduce port blockades to rise hostility.

Before last patch I was able to find quite a lot of PVP around Hat island. I play for Dutch - so there were Pirates, Danes and Swedish.

Unnatural PVP zones just ruins PVP sandbox and make game from OW one to session-based one.

they are not removing ow pvp, they are only introducing spots on ow where every1 got the same chance to get something in this beautiful game.

regards of u: stay at hat island