Game-Labs Forum

I would like to se officers and sailors marines on deck more than just cannon people just think a captain with a few gunnery officers and a few sailors running around to het the guns reloaded

Also would like to se gun ports open and close in a stirm they would be closed

Hey there Captain Westen, welcome to the forums.

I think Samuel Hood has the same understanding as I. Eventually, yes. But probably not the priority right now.

There are several threads on this topic if you want to see what others are saying about this as well. Here is one: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1536-gun-crews-muskets-and-boarding-actions/?hl=more+crew#entry32284

At first, welcome to the forums.

Second there is a balance to be found between performance and grafical finesse.

That means that the opening and closing of gunlinds in a huge battle can kill framerates. And so does crew.

Devs are even considering to leave out the gun recoil for performance reasons. I know this sounds awkward but sadly thats the info I have from this point.

At first, welcome to the forums.

Second there is a balance to be found between performance and grafical finesse.

That means that the opening and closing of gunlinds in a huge battle can kill framerates. And so does crew.

Devs are even considering to leave out the gun recoil for performance reasons. I know this sounds awkward but sadly thats the info I have from this point.

Fingers crossed for 50% crew of the historical complement. ;)

Too bad about the gun recoil, its not that bad of an immersion killer imo.

Edit: 45% might be good enough, theres a lot of unnecessary spare crew for 50%

Cruizer Brig would have 54 men: 36 gunners, 10 marines, 6 random crew, 2 officers

HMS Surprise would have 96 men: 72 gunners, 16 marines,  12 random crew on deck, 4 officers.

HMS Bellona 292 men: 148 Gunners, 70 marines, 66 random crew, 8 officers

HMS Barfleur 338 men: 180 gunners, 76 marines, 72 random crew, 10 officers

HMS Victory would maybe have 369: 208 gunners, 80 marines, 69 random crew, 12 officers

1) Open world will continue eating most resources for a while. Crew will come at a later stage.. Unless this game is an instant hit and we can increase the team a lot. 

2) Crew is a beautification feature - not a gameplay feature. If gameplay sucks - no crew will help it. 

• Like 8

personaly im against the crew being seen,waiste of programing time at this point,a low priority and as the game gets bigger some peoples computer will have to work harder to play the game,the crew takes up more computer load,at least give us the option to turn crew off,and yeah id rather see officers than a lot of old men in bad pants doin repetitive moves,think game mechanics and the world as its going to be and how this all interacts is more important than seeing a crew of old men with bad pants,,or at least give us the option for a female crew,with short dresses and high heels be way better and a big drawing card,,yeah..you realise girls might want to play the game and we seem to be gender bias here,,you say we can be what we want to be,so what is there for our female captains who must suffer all this thru a males perspective,,any way playing devils advocate here from another direction,,im sure our developers have it all worked out

• Like 1

personaly im against the crew being seen,waiste of programing time at this point,a low priority and as the game gets bigger some peoples computer will have to work harder to play the game,the crew takes up more computer load,at least give us the option to turn crew off,and yeah id rather see officers than a lot of old men in bad pants doin repetitive moves,think game mechanics and the world as its going to be and how this all interacts is more important than seeing a crew of old men with bad pants,,or at least give us the option for a female crew,with short dresses and high heels be way better and a big drawing card,,yeah..you realise girls might want to play the game and we seem to be gender bias here,,you say we can be what we want to be,so what is there for our female captains who must suffer all this thru a males perspective,,any way playing devils advocate here from another direction,,im sure our developers have it all worked out

Girls on the ships?xDDD Im not gay but, bro.Historically inacurrate.Lol IN HIGH HEELS XDD If you fancy seeing some boobs armor, then go play AION or the other shitty Korean mmorpgs.

Considering that they're having draw count issues with just animating the recoil of the guns, I am worried that even a 50% compliment in crew will be out of reach  :(

I'm hoping they solve it somehow though, so that we can have both recoiling guns and a realistic looking crew complement onboard our ships :)

Modifying the engine to be 64 bit might solve a lot of issues, however it would be a lot of work for just 2-4 people. Outsourcing perhaps?