Game-Labs Forum

Ideas for the Pacific Coast

The Pacific part of the map was to be part of the next content patch but its implementation has been delayed :

Content patch: October (Current patch) 

• Pacific coast opens (removed until release)

From the last thing I read on the forums, it was to be a PvE only area on PvP servers, a way to make PvE-ers play on PvP shards (and maybe merge PvE-PvP servers).
I don't know devs' current idea about it, whether or not that project had been dismissed.
It'd be interesting to have Admin's view. 

Here is a collection of ideas found on NA forums.

The Pacific coast could be :

• a PvE area. Some pure PvEers don't like that option, having the impression of being shut in outside the Caribbean (if the PvE shard was to be closed down someday),
  • a rookie zone for PvP training, 
  • an uncharted map with unknown islands for Exploration,
  • an additional part of the current map, both usable for PvP and PvE as at present (with TP between both areas),
  • a 100% pvp area, clan-oriented RvR a la Eve Online : no nations, only clans,
  • a zone for early 18-C ships only (La Renommée, Ingermanland, the Yacht and hopefully more coming), a way to :
    • implement more early 18-C ships said to have uncompetitive armament or sailing qualities compared to early 19-C ships,
    • give those ships another role/gameplay and more uses. For example, mid-18C HMS Cerberus and her 26-28 guns (9-pdr) would be a very decent frigate among other frigates that'd only carry say from 24 to 36 guns (9-pdr).
  • an empty area as it is now.

Discuss. More ideas ?

• Like 2

Alright here are a couple of ideas:

• Buildable ports.  Make towns in the pacific coast available for "settling" and not premade. Let's say that if a certain clan brings an x amount of resources they will be able to create a new town or an outpost which will be of course under the flag of their nation. Of course those towns and outposts shouldn't be buildable everywhere because the Pacific coast will end up being more populated than the Carribean. That could be dealt with slots. Specific slots on the entire coast with specific resources that will be uknown to the players until the build the town. Permits to construct souch ports could be given as rewards of extraordinary deeds etc. These ports could be governed by the person who got awarded the permit, allowing him to set the tax on the goods present in the port. The taxes could go directly to his clan warehouse.  He will also be responsible for it's defence.
  • Randomly generated islands. Since the Pacific ocean is filled with tiny islands and atolls you could implement a mechanic like the random new world in EU4 where random islands pop up every week or two weeks(that can be decided by the devs) and the previous get deleted. Those random created islands could have unique species of plants and wildlife where they await to be discovered thus covering the exploration aspect that has been discussed in the past. Mining outpost could also be build to exploit possible resources. Expeditions should be launched first to search for the resources.

• Unique resources from Asia. Accesible in certain ports or random islands.

Possible Pacific area entrances marked with red arrows. Nicaragua could be only for shallow water ships. Indian/Aztec/Mayan settlements could be placed inside the lake.

mlJRTCt.jpg

Panama-map.gif

• Like 3

Personally, I can't see any purpose for having a Pacific area. I would much prefer to just have the Caribbean as it is now.

Same here - would prefer Europe hundred times more

Well... the Pacific Coast already exists on the current map.

Strange no to want to use it for anything : for new Content (Exploration, Rookie Zone...) or to have more room to locate existing content (PvE, expansion of the current map...)...  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Create a normal map for the area. Then add randomly generated loot on land or shore there that spawns totally randomly over the map.  Add a few wrecks where epic loot spawns too. So that loot can be found both randomly and on fixed places.

Add AI traesure fleets that you have too look for. Both single ships and fleets. With one big treasure ship with LOTS of treasures.

Make it possible to only play with ships under a certain level. Lets say Ingermanland and smaller.

Create 2-3 freetowns on mainland where you can transfer (teleport) to freetowns on the pacific ocean.

• Like 1

PVE players pay the same as PVP players and therefore have the same rights to access the same ports and content, just on different servers.

I play both.

That said, the question remains : what to do with the part of Pacific Coast currently on the map ?

What about Explorers in the Pacific having the mission of being useful to the Conquest in the Carribean ?

- Add randomly generated islands in the current Pacific area. Make them periodically change of shape/location.

- Add knowledge icons spawn on islands and shore, invisible on the in-game map. Explorers has to actually search the area in the OW.

- Once an Explorer discovers an icon and sails back to his Pacific port, he can send that knowledge to Admiralty and earns XP and/or gold.

- Sending knowledge to Admiralty could :

decreases Hostility in a (or all) Caribbean area(s), owned by one's country, by a given amount (out of the current maximum of 10 000).

- gives the Country a (temporary and small each time) advantage : lower ressource price, ship quality, less labour hours to craft sth...

- Etc.

It might also work with additional combats in the zone :

- agressive AI pirates on the PvE shard, tagging player Explorers

- player Pirates/Nationals/Explorers on the PvP shards, as Explorers' opponents.

• Like 1

why not do Europe first? 

Because the Pacific Coast has already been implemented in game and remains unused till now.

No need to model that zone (unlike Europe). It makes it easier to use.

Just a question : what to do with it ?

See the lower-left corner of the in-game map :

LLEfN29m.jpg

• Like 1

Because the Pacific Coast has already been implemented in game and remains unused till now.

No need to model that zone (unlike Europe). It makes it easier to use.

Just a question : what to do with it ?

See the lower-left corner of the in-game map :

LLEfN29m.jpg

Well if we wanted a test bed for new players - that would seem a more natural spot than the Bermuda area.

• Like 1

Hello. I managed to get myself into the Pacific and am now having an absolute hoot sailing around in it. It is so stunningly beautiful. Yes, I want Europe and think the devs will do that, it only makes sense, but it will probably come out as an add on after full release of this present part of the game. Right now the Pacific is made and I want them to use it. If you could see it for yourself you would know why. On the PvP servers, because it is smaller, it probably does make more sense to use it, rather than Bermuda, as the rookie area and on the PvE server to have more fun just sailing around, exploring and have quests.

I do hope that they run it a little further south so we can have the Galapagos Islands and more north so we can have Baja California. So far I have only gotten as far north as Panama. So much to see and I don't want to miss anything. You only use a bit of time, get over there and see it for yourselves so you can tell the devs how much you like it and want it. They can't know if we don't tell them. Right now I'm probably creating hostility in Portobelo with an American ship in their waters that they can do nothing about, HAHAHA.

LeBoiteux, keep up the good work to get interest in the Pacific.     

• Like 2