Game-Labs Forum

Release date for Early Access

Early access as soon as it opens: ETA end of 2014

taken off the "pre-order" page.

However devs said there may be invites coming earlier

to be precise:

we will invite pre-order buyers to limited content testing after the next patch. Current estimate ETA 3-4 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

why 21st october?

from wikipedia

nice date.. but hard to achieve.. maybe for sea trials, but again we don't promise it. 

We want to bring open world to the EA and some other nice features, and they are still not ready for testing. 

Sea trials will have boarding and mortars and 2 more ships (Brig and snow). 

• Like 1

nice date.. but hard to achieve.. maybe for sea trials, but again we don't promise it. 

We want to bring open world to the EA and some other nice features, and they are still not ready for testing. 

Sea trials will have boarding and mortars and 2 more ships (Brig and snow). 

So i have to wait one month,no?

I preordered the game but i think i will wait until "open beta" stage of testing, if not even complete release

I don't want to start play and be disappointed from bugs or glitches and stuff...

... Even tough... Maybe i'll be so excited that i will play earlier versions anyway haha

I preordered the game but i think i will wait until "open beta" stage of testing, if not even complete release

I don't want to start play and be disappointed from bugs or glitches and stuff...

... Even tough... Maybe i'll be so excited that i will play earlier versions anyway haha

It's all about your attitude.  You can't approach it from a "if I lose because something glitches I'm going to be SO MAD" approach, but rather from the joy of seeing the product before it's completely polished and finished, and being able to participate in the process of making it that much better.  Your progress will (usually) be wiped before release anyways, so it's a great time to play around with strategies and ships that you may not even be considering at release and to lose badly without any long-term repercussions.  In short, keep it light and productive and have fun while helping the devs make a better game.

• Like 1

Pretty much what Mirones said. Nothing to compare between the two really except that they are both age of sail games. The combat, graphics, and overall gameplay are very different. Everything is based on skill and strategy (as it should be) instead of buffs, magic, and winning builds.

• Like 1