Game-Labs Forum

Light Carriages and Ship-speed, based on the loadingweight.

Hi,

1.    The fact that your ship sail faster, if u haven´t got canons onboard, is fine and i think realistic.

but id´l like to see, if i install my upgrade "light-carriages" the ship speed get bit higher, in fact of -20% canonmass.(exeptional-upgrade)

i cant see difference between no guns on top-deck, and u get faster (example), or all guns mounted and updrade all guns -20% of mass. The ship probably should sail also more fast.

why i cant see this? is it a bug, or not implemented yet ?

2.    Traders and ship´s with load should  also sail not that fast. For example fully loaded Indiaman (with 8000/8000 load) should sail 2-3kn less than his high speed. staggered with cargomass. in my opinion even                  

warships  should sail up to -1kn if the fully loaded. think this will be more realistic and a new improvment of this game.

like to hear your opinions.

have nice day

Edited by -PSF- HauptmanToni
  • Like 2

Yeah test it in battle, but don't get your hopes up. It is a very small increase in speed.

Cargo does not have any effect, it seems to be not implemented.. and you could make a case that a trading vessel would have the best performance when at design load (Full Of All The Preciouss ThingsTM) anyway.

2.    Traders and ship´s with load should  also sail not that fast. For example fully loaded Indiaman (with 8000/8000 load) should sail 2-3kn less than his high speed. staggered with cargomass. in my opinion even                  

warships  should sail up to -1kn if the fully loaded. think this will be more realistic and a new improvment of this game.

Fully loaded, sure.

But with 50-70% load, they shouldn't suffer any penalties at all.

Naturally the holds are 10 times bigger than they should be, since the devs forgot to compensate for the LGV and Indiaman.

Naturally the holds are 10 times bigger than they should be, since the devs forgot to compensate for the LGV and Indiaman.

Holds are temporary and their size is for gameplay purposes

it will be tuned eventually

I agree with the Post Opener and would add someting:

On Open World we have the Spyglass. And if I use it and see a Trader full of cargo and an empty one i should see a difference.

The One with cargo should not only slower than the other, it should also deeper under the water line.

Not really cause they built the ships to run at best speed while with a load not while empty. In fact if you didn't adjust and added ballast to an empty cargo ship it could be very dangerous for that ship.   This is why they added more ballast when they had a light load to equal out what is it's best sale weight.  Though is best speed wasn't filled to the plum either as they all ways keep some space to bring on more cargo/supplies when they hit ports and traded depending on there cargo and routes.

As for seeing who is or not loaded up on the OW it's way to early to have anything like that in game.   They have better things to work on for now.  Even so unless they are completely empety or filled to the max you prob wouldn't know how much cargo that ship really had cause again they adjusted there ballast to be able to sail in a safe manor with or without a load.

• Like 1

Initially I agreed with this, but now that I think about it I think the main "mass" of cannons is all the ammunition and powder you carry for them. Reducing the weight of the cannons themselves would have only the smallest amount of impact. Maybe make the ship heel slightly less?

Initially I agreed with this, but now that I think about it I think the main "mass" of cannons is all the ammunition and powder you carry for them. Reducing the weight of the cannons themselves would have only the smallest amount of impact. Maybe make the ship heel slightly less?

I think that is why the mass effects them slightly.  I'm playing around with a speed build and I put all 6pbrs (yes instead of the 9's it can have on the lower deck) on a Ren and going to use some Light Carriages to compare it with normal set up of guns and see how much diffrent the speed will be.  The ship is for tagging not fight and taking some ones sales down.  So you want the fastest chain shot you can and than pull back out of the fight when the big boys catch up to you.