Game-Labs Forum

Server wipe

I'm going with introduction of diplomacy patch...   

I don't think it will be a whole one, just the ports prob.

With the way things go they will do the server wipe then the vocal minorities will scream , kick and wail about quiting till everything gets handed back plus some free stuff for triggering thier feelings.

We all know they will do just that as they don't understand what EA/Alpha means in a game.  I do think they will give every one EA free level ships since wee keep our Rank/Craft xp levels.  I don't want to start over mid rank (or high rank by than) with just a stupid basic cutter again.  I have all ready did that when I switched servers.

they will have to do a partial wipe if they revamp pirates and reset ports so i bet end september

oh and one for sure at official release.

They can still do that without a wipe, but I'm better ports will for sure get wiped when they bring in the politics, diplomat stuff.   When the new Pirate mechanics come out and that is going to be even further down the road I wouldn't be suprised if they unlock transfers and such or allow you to switch nations for those that don't want to be a rat any more.  

they only promise made from devs is their are no more xp/ crafting wipes so

Even with that promise I wouldn't be upset if the did a clean wipe of every one but we just got fit tanks for our hard work. EA is only a none invite only Alpha/Beta in my book.  Just about every game I Alpha/Beta tested they did wipes and gave testers gifts for there work that wouldn't be OP to other players.

• Like 1

Admin posted on Rus forum money wipe will happen before release. That is all I know. 

Admin-bottles are a new feature and are of course not final

don't worry about shipwrecks and their effect.. there will be an asset reset on release anyway and by then their influence on economy might change.

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, steevodeevo said:

On 1/8/2016 at 10:26 PM, Tief N Tote said:

they only promise made from devs is their are no more xp/ crafting wipes so

anyone seen or got an official  link to this promise?

Has been repeatedly done.  Your XP are sure, game level and craft level. All other assets are subject to final decision at launch.

8 hours ago, steevodeevo said:

That's great! thanks. I didn't realise that, I will now play more without that impending feeling of doom! :) 

To many folks play like that freaking out cause of an update or wipe that might happen.  We are here to test.  Have fun and test as much as you can.  They could have a wipe tomorrow if they wanted to, that is part of the testing.  Problem is to many folks got invested in there little treasures form old broken mechanics that aren't in the game any more.  They truelly need to do a wipre before the release to retest the ecnon and other things of the server.  I'm going to say when they bring the new ship mechanices they should do a wipe and give every one like a builder package so we can have a few ships straight off and build some others.  What you build depends how much of that package you use up.   Than the rest you have to gather like normal play to get.  Should do a RvR wipe at that time to start it fresh again.   Would be a good time to move it into the beta stage, but I think that won't happen until pirate mechanics come out.  If tehy ever do.  I was hoping we get Pirate Mechanics and Raid around the same time and raid would be more a pirate thing than the Regional conquest thing.  We will just have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

To many folks play like that freaking out cause of an update or wipe that might happen.  We are here to test.  Have fun and test as much as you can.  They could have a wipe tomorrow if they wanted to, that is part of the testing.  Problem is to many folks got invested in there little treasures form old broken mechanics that aren't in the game any more.  They truelly need to do a wipre before the release to retest the ecnon and other things of the server.  I'm going to say when they bring the new ship mechanices they should do a wipe and give every one like a builder package so we can have a few ships straight off and build some others.  What you build depends how much of that package you use up.   Than the rest you have to gather like normal play to get.  Should do a RvR wipe at that time to start it fresh again.   Would be a good time to move it into the beta stage, but I think that won't happen until pirate mechanics come out.  If tehy ever do.  I was hoping we get Pirate Mechanics and Raid around the same time and raid would be more a pirate thing than the Regional conquest thing.  We will just have to wait and see.

I'm not freaking out ;)  I'm in one other Alpha, which has just gone persistent after having play tested it for a year or two with regular wipes and I'm invested in a couple of other MMOs and have limited spare play time available sadly. I agree with much of what you say about getting the game right, including wipes, but personally I need to prioritise my free  game time to get the best return, that's all.