Game-Labs Forum

Hello England

whynotfr

Libertè, egalitè, you got raped starting by Les Cayes!

Greetings dear french!

Did you win the euro cup? Ops...

I wouldn't be so sarcastic about the French losing the EM final.........

I remember the Brits getting screwed by Iceland, boy was that just pure pleasure watching. See the brits crying on the field after a humiliating defeat.

Umm, that was actually England. Theres a difference between England and Britain

And that difference is the scary bit, Welsh - Rourkes Drift, Scots (Gordons Bastards against Napoleons Old Guard), N Irish at the Somme and the English at Trafalgar.

We kick seven shades of @#$@# out of each other at every chance....but like any family...rile us...and well....

And that difference is the scary bit, Welsh - Rourkes Drift, Scots (Gordons Bastards against Napoleons Old Guard), N Irish at the Somme and the English at Trafalgar.

We kick seven shades of @#$@# out of each other at every chance....but like any family...rile us...and well....

Hey Jeheil,

just saw your last video, good work as always but I just wanted to clarify something: there has never been (at least on our side) a will to "make the brits quit". Nothing like that was ever been discussed in our council. I don't know from where you got this peace of information but it's simply false. We were (at first) just here for a change of sight and some fun.

• Like 1

Hey Jeheil,

just saw your last video, good work as always but I just wanted to clarify something: there has never been (at least on our side) a will to "make the brits quit". Nothing like that was ever been discussed in our council. I don't know from where you got this peace of information but it's simply false. We were (at first) just here for a change of sight and some fun.

Just some goading we received in chat...made us chuckle a bit. TBH you have brought some brilliant PvP and over the last two weeks there has been more fun had around Haiti, Cuba and Jamaica than I can recall. So i LOVE your alliance and the fact that almost all the nations are hammer and tongue at each other.

It was just a comment that 'stuck' as they do.

Look forward to your next push (probably not in Pavels ;) )

Edited by Jeheil

Just some goading we received in chat...made us chuckle a bit. TBH you have brought some brilliant PvP and over the last two weeks there has been more fun had around Haiti, Cuba and Jamaica than I can recall. So i LOVE your alliance and the fact that almost all the nations are hammer and tongue at each other.

It was just a comment that 'stuck' as they do.

Look forward to your next push (probably not in Pavels ;) )

Well at least I saved mine :P , we were not pushing for the PB but trying to clear Ile a Vache. We got surprised by a fleet exiting battle and another coming out of Ile a Vache. This surprise was not a really good one ^^. I think we lost 3 or 4 Pavels, and some other ships, not 7 :P.

Overall, the Euro didn't help ^^ not a soul connected during the matches :P I entered the Las Cayes PB, we were 5 vs 25, was fun but hopeless

I hate Eder

Edited by Tenakha Kan

I understand that our French friends will not play with cheaters and exploiters is very fatiguing.

Sadly as you well know folks from all sides do rather scurrilous things, be it basic exploits (the BR bug), cunning trickery that probably isn't intended by the Dev's (Smuggler flags), using traders, smugglers etc to hide in battle screens etc.

While the game is in development we should highlight these imbalances to the dev's and at the same time condem our OWN nations when they do this and just try to lift 'the game'.

We were faced last night with Pirates screening pirate ports so the Spanish can take them as the pirates run from a zone. Now, this can be read as tactically savvy or ridiculous, tactical withdrawal or somewhat shifty.....while the game is developed we need to let these things be drawn out, thought about and tuned.

french didn't defend against brits as the move with their dutch and swedish friend against us in few days... And as soon as the ports were taken the timer swith to 4-6 or 6-8.

We are tired to try to find battle vs their fleet if they get any and don't want to encourage the troll that may hide into their nation. It's why we are out in rvr for the moment as the insanity of it is just burniong people.

• Like 2

People get tired of wasting their nights like that.

Once is ok, sadly, it seem to be an habit for some...What it does is not ensuring victory or protecting your port. It's just hurting the game and killing the playerbase witch is just sad because afterall we all love the same game and we all want it to succeed, French, British, Danish, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, American or Pirate.

Edited by Tenakha Kan

This is a common problem, at the moment we have a great timezone for Oceanic over in the west. From Gracias D upto the East of the Yucatan.

Sadly the pirates have decided to withdraw and now they give (and screen) all their ports so the Spanish can take them and move them to 4am-8am for Oceanic player base.

:(

This is why I am looking forward to the new Port Battles, and I really like the build up, but really DONT like the fact it is still a 1 hour 'take' window at the end of it all....anyway lets see how it all pans out....damned round world...we were all on the same timezone till Columbus ruined it and gave us a round world !!

• Like 1

Damned round world...we were all on the same timezone till Columbus ruined it and gave us a round world !!

Actually the ancient Greeks already knew the earth was round...

But the darndest thing is there is now win, unless you split the community between timezones, like every MMO. 

I know the timezones are a kick in the shins, but otherwise you keep excluding a group of players, one on each side of the pond (and beyond).

So, basicaly what youre saying French benefitted from taking ports with no timers at the weird late night/early morning hours wasting their nights because Sverige forced them to that? Also that its good devs fixed port timers as French would be forced to take more ports at nights which would make them tired?

You are making no sense to me. We are not asking for anything more than just to be able to play normally during normal hours. From my memory the only ports we retook at odd hours were our northern ports when they were taken by the brits and set also to 04-06 timers.... That was just before the Antilles War. Our few chinese players retook them all in one night. Those player left long ago :(

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

Actually the ancient Greeks already knew the earth was round...

But the darndest thing is there is now win, unless you split the community between timezones, like every MMO. 

I know the timezones are a kick in the shins, but otherwise you keep excluding a group of players, one on each side of the pond (and beyond).

I'm not sure that having a global server is worth it to be honest, since there is no other way to resolve it. The exclusion would only happen between players that already have limited interaction anyways, and now you easily end up with very timezone-specific nations that can't really fight one another - 10 or 12 hour differences, not 1 or 2.

If the pirates hadn't started pushing back against us Swedes we could very well have ended up sitting there on our hands because practically all their 18-20 ports had been taken, with most having gone Oceanic making them nigh uncapturable.

Wasn't the US PvP server quite popular earlier in the year, or did it die quickly because everyone rolled american on it and came here instead?

Edited by Guest

This is a common problem, at the moment we have a great timezone for Oceanic over in the west. From Gracias D upto the East of the Yucatan.

Sadly the pirates have decided to withdraw and now they give (and screen) all their ports so the Spanish can take them and move them to 4am-8am for Oceanic player base.

:(

This is why I am looking forward to the new Port Battles, and I really like the build up, but really DONT like the fact it is still a 1 hour 'take' window at the end of it all....anyway lets see how it all pans out....damned round world...we were all on the same timezone till Columbus ruined it and gave us a round world !!

It's not a timezone problem in this case. Last time in Les Cayes we retook the port with the 04-06 timer. The port was not defended. Of all the port we retook at 04-06 timer we never saw even one get defended. We all heard the talks about the fact that the timer was for the Australian players....We just never saw one of them defend anything in the Antilles or Haiti. So what's the point?

We are tired of those mechanics. The French Council is speaking about just quitting RVR until this gets sorted out. Congratulation to the brits they will have their victory without even having to fight. But at what cost?

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

Please stop this tired argument. A) I can't tell you how many times I have woken up at 4 am to log in to help out with taking a port. Or stayed up till midnight babysitting ports until our timers expired. That was the mechanics they introduced. Everyone else dealt with it and so can you. And B: the devs are changing this as soon as they can... But I can already foresee people complaining if a towns unrest meter gets flipped in an off-euro time zone.

Why is it ALWAYS the same people complaining about time zones when EVERYONE has to deal with them?

Edited by Vernon Merrill

It's not a timezone problem in this case. Last time in Les Cayes we retook the port with the 04-06 timer. The port was not defended. Of all the port we retook at 04-06 timer we never saw even one get defended. We all heard the talks about the fact that the timer was for the Australian players....We just never saw one of them defend anything in the Antilles or Haiti. So what's the point?

We are tired of those mechanics. The French Council is speaking about just quitting RVR until this gets sorted out. Congratulation to the brits they will have their victory without even having to fight. But at what cost?

Since you only have to cap 3 towers now, I'd venture that you only need one - maybe two - players to cap an undefended port. So just do that?

After hearing how the French reduction to Martinique during the Antilles war "only happened because of the timer-setting bug" I remain skeptical about whether these are genuine reasons or just prideful excuses.

I'm not arguing with you guys. I'm just stating that the French council is considering stopping rvr until the mechanics are reworked or we can come to an understanding and a gentleman agreement.

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

If that's the case, do the diplos know when you intend to vacate Bani/Azua? Been there for quite a long time now.

After all.

1. No ports are to be assaulted or captured by the agreeing parties within the sanctuary zone as described in the annexed article I, paragraph 1 of this treaty, unless a written and published statement by the owner of the port is issued to the other participants before a tactical port exchange between at least two of the agreeing parties in the treaty.

1. The date and the duration have to be mentioned to the other participants.

For the timers, with the diplomatic patch, player authorized to vote for diplomatic question should also vote for a 8-12 hours time window... And no timer fot port they possess should be outside the window.

If the window is during empty hours for their side.... Well they will loose every PB... Exploit solved.

Edited by Sire Trinkof