Game-Labs Forum

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - PvP1 EU Scammer

Spam Hands

This is not an issue for Tribunal.

The devs have defined this issue in their 'How to Tribunal' thread as:

7) Scammers   -  Currently condoned pending mechanics to follow later

The intention here is merely to name the scammer, so that some may avoid him.

Scammer advertised his wish to sell labour hours in British port chat.

Player called Jack Dam traded with him and lost cash/materials.

Scammer gloated about the scam and several previous scams in national chat.

No action or comment is requested other than to be aware that the player is a scammer.

post-20560-0-71378700-1465334558_thumb.jpg

post-20560-0-70899200-1465334559_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a nice thing for player-incentive:

Create a site on which you can rate the crafter. You can select your crafter, add the ship/item he crafted for you. on a 1-5 scale you can rate your experience and leave 50 words comment on your experience.

This way you can see who are deemed reliable.

Con:

People can fake good reviews

Solution:

Look at the names of the people who rates a crafter. If they are of high-rating themselves or they are people you go, you can put more faith into the crafter's rating. :)

• Like 2

After a bit of thought, I've decided to move this to National News.

The Economy forum is for development feedback, not for talking about individuals on a particular server (similarly, other than one particular stickied thread, we tend to close and hide posts asking to buy/sell items in that forum for the same reason).

If you want to decry a villain, do so in National News!  A great place to advertise scoundrels and their poor behavior.  :)

• Like 2

Welcome to JITA LOCAL 4-4

Im quitting the game, send me 1 mil Gold and I will give you 2 mil.

Special Sale on Faction officer fit Rattle Snakes I add 1 free Gecko, just send me 10 mil.

LOL !!  :lol:   I don't care who you are, now that's just funny.

Those taking note of the potentially named scammers: if you are looking to change nations and looking to avoid scammers in your asset transfer, have a look at The Immigration Office.

fofofofofofofofo

btw, dirty pirate scoundrels, beware of nationals "selling" lh @ mortimer. they are scammers, you know.

I don't know what you're talking about. Only pirates selling labor hours in Mortimer, yep yep yep.

Why would you pay him and give him the mats? You give mats then when he trades the parts back he gets paid

i didnt think of that.. im not used to being scammed, didnt even think it was allowed ingame, but oh well... i learned my lesson :)

-Jack Dam

Why would you pay him and give him the mats? You give mats then when he trades the parts back he gets paid

NO!

You SELL him the mats, and then he sells you the crafted parts.

That way, if he runs off...well, you've at least been paid for the mats.

Edited by Musuko42