Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] Spain Defence against USA agression

Celtiberofrog

- Germany never ceded anything to anyone...it was already France

This is just wrong, or did you forget about the first and second Vienna award, the land given to Italy in the Balkans and France, the land given to Finland and Romania from the Soviet Union, the many puppet governments Germany set up in Europe, and the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact which gave the Soviet Union much of Eastern Europe.

- There was never a nation called Vichy France...only France

Correct there was only the nation of France, but there was a country called Vichy France that was only recognized by the axis.

- No alliance ever existed during WWII between France and Germany

- France was never part of the Axis

Also correct, but the Vichy Government heavy collaborated with the Nazis to the point that they might as well have been allied.

- France was the ennemy of the allies? look at who signed at the bottom of the German Instrument of surrender:...France

Or have you forgotten your own history? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Mers-el-K%C3%A9bir.

My advise would be to go learn your own history before you talk down to others.

Edited by Nic507

Correct there was only the nation of France, but there was a country called Vichy France that was only recognized by the axis.

wrong, both US and USSR originally recognized Vichy government.

there never was country called "Vichy France". there were "free zones" there Vichy regime had full sovereignity, and "occupied zones", there Vichy government had administrative powers. after all the France was occupied ( i believe in 1942) Vichy government still had nominal sovereignity and administrative powers.

the country and the nation was always France. 

Also correct, but the Vichy Government heavy collaborated with the Nazis to the point that they might as well have been allied.

Or have you forgotten your own history? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Mers-el-K%C3%A9bir.

armistice was not an alliance with nazis, and it was british attack on french forces, not the other way around.

the narrative "France was the part of the Axis" is typical for american version of history, but false. my advice would be be to stop telling people about their own history.

look at who signed at the bottom of the German Instrument of surrender:...France

Keitel was really surprised by the fact they lost the war to France, i should notice :)

Edited by dumpert

USSR originally recognized Vichy government.

Technically apart of the axis until Germany attacked them.

nation- a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory.

country- an area of land that is controlled by its own government

so nation yes, country no learn yo terms foo.

armistice was not an alliance with nazis, and it was british attack on french forces, not the other way around.

the narrative "France was the part of the Axis" is typical for american version of history, but false. my advice would be be to stop telling people about their own history.

Did I yes the term armistice no. If you actually read what I wrote, you would see I used the term Collaborated. Before you also say that they where just a government puppeted by the axis, did not join the war and where just attacked by the allies, Bulgaria also never declared war on the Soviet Union or the Allies, yet they where indisputably apart of the axis. It seems your the one who has a problem accepting your nation's role in history.

At any rate can we please go back to hating on the Spanish in this thread and not the French.

Edited by Nic507

Off-Topic and partly political:

That's funny... because, you know, Vichy-French-Forces fought pretty often the Free-French-Forces... it's funny because French volunteers fought on the eastern Front and even defended Berlin in '45.
Your statement is also funny for the whole fact that as suddenly as every German was suddenly "not a Nazi" in '45, every French became suddenly part of the "Resistance"... a point that even Resistance-Members of the time complained about.
It is also interesting that distant colonies like Madagaskar had to be liberated... despite the fact that they could have joined the Free-French-Forces practically anytime.

"telling people about their own history":
National history books in every country tell most of a time a story that suits the narrative of the country.

The modern French nation was founded by the Free-French-Forces and is thus telling a story based on it.

Still the fact remains: There were far more collaborateurs in the French nation than Resistance-Fighters and Vichy-France was pretty much part of the Axis.

I like the statement of following holocoust-survivor in this video, starting at 9:52min (he also speaks about France):
https://youtu.be/x73L7iY-Xhg?t=9m53s

Edited by Thonar
  • Like 1

C'mon guys, stay focuss.

I love how a random comparison I used has devolved into this.

Back to the topic at hand:

I offered my TeamSpeak to Frog in a private message here on the forums. I've welcomed him to my Clan Teamspeak for diplomacy. He has not shown up once. He asks to speak with us in TS and then doesn't even have the common courtesy to show up, after I spend a good chunk of my time reworking my server and setting up new perms, channels, and server groups to facilitate diplomacy whilst not opening up my Teamspeak to spies. Please forgive me if I'm a little miffed.

If Frog missed the PM: Look dude you gotta keep an eye on that stuff. It sends you an email saying "EricKilla has opened a conversation with you" and everything. If you want to be a diplomat for Spain you really need to keep an open eye for all the forms of communication. I can't bother tracking you down in game and playing message tag with you, and I lack your TS information.

Well, he's not available this weekend. So, please, be patient, he will answer as soon as possible.

Then, sorry if Im wrong and I've missed something, but... are you the official american diplomat? One if them? Or you are just talking for you clan?

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar

Well, he's not available this weekend. So, please, be patient, he will answer as soon as possible.

Then, sorry if Im wrong and I've missed something, but... are you the official american diplomat? One if them? Or you are just talking for you clan?

I'm a representative of the US Congress.

Forum Gods forgive me for double posting.

I was absolutely astonished about what happened at Cayo Biscayno. Perhaps there really is a chance for us to be friends.

Diplomats of Spain, you are welcome in my TeamSpeak: ts10.gameservers.com:9176.

Let us work together for the betterment of both of our nations.

¡Todo Por La Patria! E pluribus unum!

May there be a new age of friendship between us!

I diplo-defended the port battle. 1v15, I was in a connie, them in SoLs and I talked them out of the PB.

Dear Mr. EricKilla.

I happened to be a witness through TS of what happened at Cayo Biscaino. And I´m sorry to disappoint, and spoil your joy, but you did not diplo-defended anything. The Spanish players were going to crush you, quite annoyed at all your chatter, when the battle was abruptly ended by the game. Spanish players were astounded an furious. Some blamed a bug, some others thought US faction has hacked the game. All of them filed a bug report.

If it was not for this "bug" Cayo Biscaino would be Spanish now.

Of course, I hope we can be friends.But it´s very difficult to do that when territorial claims become "indisputable", and based on a supposed "manifest destiny".

Yours.

Don Sancho Navarro, Capitán de Bandera

Edited by Don Sancho Navarro

This is just wrong, or did you forget about the first and second Vienna award, the land given to Italy in the Balkans and France, the land given to Finland and Romania from the Soviet Union, the many puppet governments Germany set up in Europe, and the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact which gave the Soviet Union much of Eastern Europe.

My advise would be to go learn your own history before you talk down to others.

wrong, both US and USSR originally recognized Vichy government.

there never was country called "Vichy France". there were "free zones" there Vichy regime had full sovereignity, and "occupied zones", there Vichy government had administrative powers. after all the France was occupied ( i believe in 1942) Vichy government still had nominal sovereignity and administrative powers.

Keitel was really surprised by the fact they lost the war to France, i should notice :)

Technically apart of the axis until Germany attacked them.

nation- a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory.

country- an area of land that is controlled by its own government

so nation yes, country no learn yo terms foo.

Did I yes the term armistice no. If you actually read what I wrote, you would see I used the term Collaborated. Before you also say that they where just a government puppeted by the axis, did not join the war and where just attacked by the allies, Bulgaria also never declared war on the Soviet Union or the Allies, yet they where indisputably apart of the axis. It seems your the one who has a problem accepting your nation's role in history.

At any rate can we please go back to hating on the Spanish in this thread and not the French.

I suggest a new forum is created called: "off topic, incredibly irrelevant, misinformed and futile historical and ideological discussions".

I committed the mistake once to intervene to bring some historical facts, I will not do it again.

For Don Sancho Navarro, up from now, Vichy France, Donald Trump and Mussolini are historical fiction created by some lunatic French prophet called Nostradamus whom I believe should be quickly tried and burned for witchcraft.

I suggest we all do the same, and stick to our fun RP, and discussing which faction is more evil, Pirates, US or Brits...

Thank you.

Don Sancho Navarro, Capitán de Bandera.

• Like 1

Dear Mr. EricKilla.

I happened to be a witness through TS of what happened at Cayo Biscaino. And I´m sorry to disappoint, and spoil your joy, but you did not diplo-defended anything. The Spanish players were going to crush you, quite annoyed at all your chatter, when the battle was abruptly ended by the game. Spanish players were astounded an furious. Some blamed a bug, some others thought US faction has hacked the game. All of them filed a bug report.

If it was not for this "bug" Cayo Biscaino would be Spanish now.

Of course, I hope we can be friends.But it´s very difficult to do that when territorial claims become "indisputable", and based on a supposed "manifest destiny".

Yours.

Nonsense, just you blaming my success on a bug.

I'm not sure what the bug was. It surprised me too. I find it amusing that they were "annoyed" by my talk given some of the messages I was sent after the battle.

As with any hackusation, I am honored that you would imply that myself, or any of my faction mates, hacked the game.

Your faction is in a very good place, diplomatically. You have a lot of chips; it would be wise to cash them in now, rather than risk losing them.

As for the performance in the port battle itself:

I have had the pleasure of being in the majority of the port battles conducted by the SORRY clan against America in the last few months. I've gotten a feel for how they roll and move. With an equal sized force as yours, they would have finished the battle in the time that we were in the battle. You all went to one tower, and in 15 minutes you still hadn't taken down a single tower with a force of 15 SoLs versus 1 gray teak Constitution. Perhaps the PB ended due to a lack of damage done. Maybe it thought that the battle was empty.

Edited by EricKilla
  • Like 2

Some blamed a bug, some others thought US faction has hacked the game. 

Can confirm we hacked the game, brace yourself for unsinkable cutters.

jZNpFay31qY.jpg

discussing which faction is more evil, Pirates, US or Brits...

No Spain? I see much bias with this one.

Edited by Nic507
  • Like 1

Nonsense, just you blaming my success on a bug.

I'm not sure what the bug was. It surprised me too. I find it amusing that they were "annoyed" by my talk given some of the messages I was sent after the battle.

As with any hackusation, I am honored that you would imply that myself, or any of my faction mates, hacked the game.

Your faction is in a very good place, diplomatically. You have a lot of chips; it would be wise to cash them in now, rather than risk losing them.

As for the performance in the port battle itself:

I have had the pleasure of being in the majority of the port battles conducted by the SORRY clan against America in the last few months. I've gotten a feel for how they roll and move. With an equal sized force as yours, they would have finished the battle in the time that we were in the battle. You all went to one tower, and in 15 minutes you still hadn't taken down a single tower with a force of 15 SoLs versus 1 gray teak Constitution. Perhaps the PB ended due to a lack of damage done. Maybe it thought that the battle was empty.

I was not in the battle, but following it in the TS, so I cannot judge the performance of my colleagues. I'm just trying to set thing straight so you do not get the impression that Spanish captains can be talked out of any battle. Not knowing your enemy can lead to miscalculations. I neither say I support the claim that the game was hacked, just describe the reaction of the Captains involved.

As for the diplomatic decisions, I leave it to our Diplomats

Can confirm we hacked the game, brace yourself for unsinkable cutters.

jZNpFay31qY.jpg

No Spain? I see much bias with this one.

Don´t be silly. OF COURSE I´m biased.

What is the point of this whole thread if not biased discussions about your cowardly attacks on Spanish ports, that led to this nonsensical war? Are you not, by chance, being biased when you describe yourselves as the victims, and portray US illegal acts of war as self defence; when, in fact, you were the aggressors that tried to reduce Spain to one port, and threatened to commit the first factional genocide in the history of this game? (a terrible thing that later happened to you, HAHAHAHA, [he, who lives by the sword, dies by the sword])... When you insult us and call Spain the "lap dogs of the pirates"? It´s so funny to see the different standards you apply to your own posts compared to posts of other factions....

Are we doing RP here, or confusing real life with a game?

"Biased" he says.... hahaha!!!!

Edited by Don Sancho Navarro

Don´t be silly. OF COURSE I´m biased.

What is the point of this whole thread if not biased discussions about your cowardly attacks on Spanish ports, that led to this nonsensical war? Are you not, by chance, being biased when you describe yourselves as the victims, and portray US illegal acts of war as self defence; when, in fact, you were the aggressors that tried to reduce Spain to one port, and threatened to commit the first factional genocide in the history of this game? (a terrible thing that later happened to you, HAHAHAHA, [he, who lives by the sword, dies by the sword])... When you insult us and call Spain the "lap dogs of the pirates"? It´s so funny to see the different standards you apply to your own posts compared to posts of other factions....

Are we doing RP here, or confusing real life with a game?

"Biased" he says.... hahaha!!!!

Stop it! You'll make me wake the neighbors!

You cite events that happened over four months ago as if they are recent history. You dare to accuse our recapture of rightful American ports as "illegal acts of war," failing to remember that the only reason we had those ports in the first place was a Spanish-American territorial agreement that the Spanish Council violated by siding with the pirates.

In the past four months, we have actually tried to help Spain. We have tried our damndest with the Brits to negotiate an end to your war. We have offered you land freely that we could have kept (see Yucatan, Pre-SORRY invasion). We have kept to our agreements, and we have been kind and fair to you. Our alliance with the Brits is solely against the pirates, though it would appear that, due to failure to honor agreements, and hell even give us notice that you were breaking the agreement in the first place, that alliance has expanded to cover the Spanish.

You back-stabbed us, betrayed us, took our land, and then have the gall to call us traitors and backstabbers. You say we adhere only to a policy of "Manifest Destiny" when my clan as a whole has nearly a hundred ships and a massive amount of resource buildings frozen in limbo in outposts on the West Coast of Florida. Retaking them is not "manifest destiny", it is reclaiming what we need to survive!

Your pirate allies are all but inactive; the largest headcount in the SORRY teamspeak this week was 12 players. 12 players! AUSFC is being pushed back, hard, in the south, and, as you take one port a day from the British, they are rapidly reclaiming their empire. When the Brits have pushed back to the Yucatan, and they shift their focus to you, what will you do? The United States will launch attacks against you. When we inevitably take ports, and your pirate allies fail to show because they are beaten back and inactive, what will you do? This does not even take account the pirate infighting that has begun. Several pirate clans, including the FORGE, now ANVIL, have declared war on SORRY and AUSFC.

In the interest of game stability, and to ensure that the United States still has players when this diplomacy patch rolls around, it may very well be necessary to push you back to Cuba, even if as a temporary measure to show you that we are not to be trifled with. You have awoken the sleeping giant of the United States. Are you prepared to deal with it?

• Like 1

Stop it! You'll make me wake the neighbors!

You cite events that happened over four months ago as if they are recent history. You dare to accuse our recapture of rightful American ports as "illegal acts of war," failing to remember that the only reason we had those ports in the first place was a Spanish-American territorial agreement that the Spanish Council violated by siding with the pirates.

In the past four months, we have actually tried to help Spain. We have tried our damndest with the Brits to negotiate an end to your war. We have offered you land freely that we could have kept (see Yucatan, Pre-SORRY invasion). We have kept to our agreements, and we have been kind and fair to you. Our alliance with the Brits is solely against the pirates, though it would appear that, due to failure to honor agreements, and hell even give us notice that you were breaking the agreement in the first place, that alliance has expanded to cover the Spanish.

You back-stabbed us, betrayed us, took our land, and then have the gall to call us traitors and backstabbers. You say we adhere only to a policy of "Manifest Destiny" when my clan as a whole has nearly a hundred ships and a massive amount of resource buildings frozen in limbo in outposts on the West Coast of Florida. Retaking them is not "manifest destiny", it is reclaiming what we need to survive!

Your pirate allies are all but inactive; the largest headcount in the SORRY teamspeak this week was 12 players. 12 players! AUSFC is being pushed back, hard, in the south, and, as you take one port a day from the British, they are rapidly reclaiming their empire. When the Brits have pushed back to the Yucatan, and they shift their focus to you, what will you do? The United States will launch attacks against you. When we inevitably take ports, and your pirate allies fail to show because they are beaten back and inactive, what will you do? This does not even take account the pirate infighting that has begun. Several pirate clans, including the FORGE, now ANVIL, have declared war on SORRY and AUSFC.

In the interest of game stability, and to ensure that the United States still has players when this diplomacy patch rolls around, it may very well be necessary to push you back to Cuba, even if as a temporary measure to show you that we are not to be trifled with. You have awoken the sleeping giant of the United States. Are you prepared to deal with it?

Ahhh!!!

Spare me your grandiose propaganda, Spain will face and defeat any nation that dares to challenge us. Keep on making empty threats and dreaming with you lost empire, keep on accusing us of dishonour... your own words disqualify you, your own actions show your true nature. You seem to have a talent for foresight, you claim to be able to see the future. This is a clear sign of madness or worse: witchcraft. I will report your name to our beloved Metropolitan Archbishop of Havana, Don Inocencio Botijo, so he can put your name on his "to do" list. When you fall, I hope you are captured, so you have the opportunity to visit the dungeons of his Episcopal palace, where he converts the local Indians to Christianity.

Let´s see if you can convince him of your good intentions.

As for the sleeping-giant-United-States we have awaken: it looks neither awake nor giant from Havana.

You are just another so-so faction, a little bit inept sometimes, but full of bravado in the forums, I give you that.

So far, your words do not match your actions so, unless you unleash the fleets you have been keeping in reserve until now, yes, we are prepared to deal with anything you can throw at us.