Game-Labs Forum

Sorry we are on a Contract

Lord Vicious

Careful there... you start to sound like a proper pyrate. B)

Well let's face it when I think pirate I think hethwill and pagan pete, I don't think SORRY.

I did sail the black as did capt bubbles for a wee while due to a miss click, I even spent a short time with pagan in his early days but I prefer to hang with the cool cats of the Dutch.

Well gold is worthless anyway,would of been more piraty to demand rum, probably more like the U.S. Have played it smart and bored them to death, I could quite easily enjoy this game with nothing but a renomme and a few friends and that's it,you don't even need coloured ports just free ports.

Smart money is on them going for us dutcheys, already fighting Saipan, Danes and French anyway, and sorry have already had a holiday in Jamaica this year.

Look how they bored us couple of days ago, their problem is  that they are so weak and so low on ppl now that every defeat require them 2-3 days for recovering and we simply are not willing to wait that much for a fight,  is what 3 weeks? we keeping them closed?   is 2nd time we destroy usa? i think    is pretty obvious who win and who lost.   Fact they now wanna admit it, is the reason of becouse when they will recover a bit we will be back for usa 3.0

a2be404.jpg

Look how they bored us couple of days ago, their problem is  that they are so weak and so low on ppl now that every defeat require them 2-3 days for recovering and we simply are not willing to wait that much for a fight,  is what 3 weeks? we keeping them closed?   is 2nd time we destroy usa? i think    is pretty obvious who win and who lost.   Fact they now wanna admit it, is the reason of becouse when they will recover a bit we will be back for usa 3.0

-snip-

I We were more organized and recovered after that battle than we were before it, since, due to the broken PB timers that showed 4-6 in the port conquest screen at Brunswick, we were not expecting your attack at 0-2.

We then hit Savannah, fully expecting it to be defending, only a few nights later. It was, but SORRY got interdicted by our stalwart screening fleet and did not affect the PB. Same situation the next night at Beaufort (also, why didn't AUSFC set timers on those ports?). The only reason we pushed further last night is due to the sheer lack of resistance we experienced.

Yes, you swept us with 1st rates and pushed us back from the east coast. Twice. Yes, you battered us in the gulf coast, when our numbers were low and scattered. But once you managed to corral us all into Charleston, we were able to stand and fight, and fight we have for the past week. Coincidentally, it was only after we started offering coordinated resistance that SORRY accepted the new contract to move elsewhere, which admittedly shocked me. I had expected them to swarm us after we started pushing back. Perhaps they got tired of us tagging them into hour and a half long battles and beating them due to attrition.

I We were more organized and recovered after that battle than we were before it, since, due to the broken PB timers that showed 4-6 in the port conquest screen at Brunswick, we were not expecting your attack at 0-2.

We then hit Savannah, fully expecting it to be defending, only a few nights later. It was, but SORRY got interdicted by our stalwart screening fleet and did not affect the PB. Same situation the next night at Beaufort (also, why didn't AUSFC set timers on those ports?). The only reason we pushed further last night is due to the sheer lack of resistance we experienced.

Yes, you swept us with 1st rates and pushed us back from the east coast. Twice. Yes, you battered us in the gulf coast, when our numbers were low and scattered. But once you managed to corral us all into Charleston, we were able to stand and fight, and fight we have for the past week. Coincidentally, it was only after we started offering coordinated resistance that SORRY accepted the new contract to move elsewhere, which admittedly shocked me. I had expected them to swarm us after we started pushing back. Perhaps they got tired of us tagging them into hour and a half long battles and beating them due to attrition.

We stop using first rates, over 3 weeks ago, so stop bullshitting yourself,     the entire gulf was taken not using a single firstrate, as well everythng north of cabo.

We repelled your attempt over and over and over, i think 10-12 times on east coast, eventually become boring, if you think your current 25  man fleet composed by 10 different clan can win a fight vs 25 sorry in Inger you fool yourself.

I will decide when you rdy, so prepare becouse soon or later we will be back, so dont get to cocky on taking empty ports or you will make same mistake 3 times in a raw. Also dont push too much on pirates or again we will come.   Use time for recover and organize, if you rush an attack it will end badly.   You should be more critic with yourself and understand what your real force is, what you can fight and what you cant.

Just some tips.

But SORRY now have taken another way, we do PB only under contract, unless someone manace our allies, or our SORRY Ports, we not play anymore for the "pirate nation" in that sense.    We are mercenaries.   So unless someone not hire us for a long time so we forced to create a content, we not doing anymore punishment campains vs nations.

The game is on the verge to die, pop keep dropping and we not wanna be accelerate this process, We like to fight so i think this new way of SORRY is more healty for both the clan and the game.

• Like 5

Interesting turn of events. Me favorite hunting grounds be open for pillaging again huzzah!

Out of curiosity Vicious, now you've gone merc, are you planning to take contracts against Pirates?

Not against pirates, for obvious reasons, first is not possible with current tag and politic system,  we cant capture a port as pirates vs pirates, we cant tag a pirate fleet etc

2nd becouse even as mercenaries we still pirates and we not attack pirates, is not a secret that if in future we can do our own politics and set for example spain allied and dock on vice-versa ports, Sorry will detached from everybody and be an entity by ourself

Vicious, I really like the idea a lot and it will certainly spice up Nation gameplay in the long run.

Reputation, renown and resources, the only three assets worthwhile in a MMO. Not everyone might agree on [sORRY]'s antagonist choice of role which would sometimes even make Iago's plan to conquer Othello's wife look like childsplay, but you guys are setting out on an interesting roadmap experimenting with this mercenary aspect of piracy.

Exactly how things should be in early access/testing!

Good job.

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 2

We stop using first rates, over 3 weeks ago, so stop bullshitting yourself,     the entire gulf was taken not using a single firstrate, as well everythng north of cabo.

We repelled your attempt over and over and over, i think 10-12 times on east coast, eventually become boring, if you think your current 25  man fleet composed by 10 different clan can win a fight vs 25 sorry in Inger you fool yourself.

I will decide when you rdy, so prepare becouse soon or later we will be back, so dont get to cocky on taking empty ports or you will make same mistake 3 times in a raw. Also dont push too much on pirates or again we will come.   Use time for recover and organize, if you rush an attack it will end badly.   You should be more critic with yourself and understand what your real force is, what you can fight and what you cant.

Just some tips.

But SORRY now have taken another way, we do PB only under contract, unless someone manace our allies, or our SORRY Ports, we not play anymore for the "pirate nation" in that sense.    We are mercenaries.   So unless someone not hire us for a long time so we forced to create a content, we not doing anymore punishment campains vs nations.

The game is on the verge to die, pop keep dropping and we not wanna be accelerate this process, We like to fight so i think this new way of SORRY is more healty for both the clan and the game.

You have already destroyed the game with your petty actions. Without USA players this game will surely die and thats a shame as this game has the potential to be the greatest age of sail game. 

You have already destroyed the game with your petty actions. Without USA players this game will surely die and thats a shame as this game has the potential to be the greatest age of sail game. 

Thx you but you overstimate me ;) they will recover 

historicly the US Navy wase weak at the time, so don't care for the french. 

because devs bugged Timers

historicly the US Navy wase weak at the time, so don't care for the french. 

I think you are missing the point. If you think the game will sell well in the US (outside of China the largest Video Game market in the world) if new users from the US log in for the first time and see their native land squished then you're in for a surprise.

The game needs a self balancing mechanism that where the better a faction is doing the harder it gets for that faction.

• Like 2

Interesting and finally something new tried with the pirates, have to be saluted, sadly it comes probably too late as server population is in sad state already, only dropping day after day and can only get worse until something is changed in game with a new patch, maybe this will at least give ideas to the dev's, anyway nice initiative.

One question tho : if one nation is somehow allied or having some good mutual relations with some pirates clans ( one or more, small or large pirates clans )  and another Nation tries to hire you to fight this Nation at the risk of entering in conflict with those pirates by ricochet, what will be your decision on this ? Stay out of it as long as there is a risk of conflict with pirates ? 

Not sure on who to put my bet for the contract owner, Danes probably or Spain maybe, most probably the target will be Brit again sadly,  well time will tell.

Interesting and finally something new tried with the pirates, have to be saluted, sadly it comes probably too late as server population is in sad state already, only dropping day after day and can only get worse until something is changed in game with a new patch, maybe this will at least give ideas to the dev's, anyway nice initiative.

One question tho : if one nation is somehow allied or having some good mutual relations with some pirates clans ( one or more, small or large pirates clans )  and another Nation tries to hire you to fight this Nation at the risk of entering in conflict with those pirates by ricochet, what will be your decision on this ? Stay out of it as long as there is a risk of conflict with pirates ? 

Not sure on who to put my bet for the contract owner, Danes probably or Spain maybe, most probably the target will be Brit again sadly,  well time will tell.

Hard to say

How much you gonna pay? will be the first question

Well i personally won't pay anything as as solo player i can't afford such services and to be honest i'm not sure i will if i could afford it, not before a diplomacy patch setting things on stone with such contracts at least, but your answer is interesting, i think it will be fun to see some things going on between pirates themselves if such services become more frequent under the black flag, not only you will have to accomplish the task you contracted but also potentially enter in conflict with some other groups of pirates that were hired by other Nations, the conflicts of interest might result in something really dynamic for pirates.

Thanks for the answer, i guess we will see one of those days who are the biggest wallets in the server ^^