Game-Labs Forum

Sorry we are on a Contract

Lord Vicious

War is fun, but let us remember that we fight in the era of Gentlemen, let us not slam enemies into the dust, rather, we make our point and then let them live. Never should we bombard a faction down to its capital.

I am not a fan of what almost happened to Sweden, I am heavily against it. I am heavily against any similar tactic happening to the Dutch.

Remember, these two nations *almost* succeded in bringing France down to its capital in the era of port battle bugs and exploits. Yet I still dont want the same thing to happen to them.

The same goes for the Americans. Quit roflstomping and go fight someone who can give you a challenge.

Lets do what we can to limit population loss and frustrated players.

Let us be more welcoming and open of newer players, even those on the enemy team. Stop ganking them, instead, give them warnings. Role play it if you want. "You have entered the waters of His Royal Majesty King George III, who in his infinite wisdom has decreed that you shall be able to pass freely in these waters once, to see the great might of the British Empire. Hereafter, if you are found in these waters again, your vessel will be boarded, your crew impressed, and your goods confiscated."

Britain used because i felt like it.

Edited by Æthlstan
  • Like 3

Remember, these two nations *almost* succeded in bringing France down to its capital in the era of port battle bugs and exploits. Yet I still dont want the same thing to happen to them.

Our fat, lazy captains just have some fun in the caribbean taverns wasting their wealth from looted french merchants and hanged pirate rats. But no worries, I can smell that new booty will be made soon enough... ;)

yORJuiECotFEl99JyKBr0dNr82d.jpg

Edited by praefect

Remember, these two nations *almost* succeded in bringing France down to its capital in the era of port battle bugs and exploits. 

If 'port battle bugs and exploits' is to be the excuse for the fall of the French, then the New Edinburgh flag blocking might as well be considered the sole reason for its rise.

You cant tell me that it didnt contribute at all to the ruin of the french nation when almost every single southern port, and I think all of the North was taken outside its timer, and with that, there were english and dutch screeners constantly tagging people and running away as to keep french defenders out of the battles.

Things could have happened a lot differently.

I dont know anything about New Edinburg, but in either case, bugs and unforseen consequences from attempted fixes shouldnt be abused, they should be noted, reported, and posted here on the forums so the devs can fix them.

Thata all im saying, in regards to that specific quote

Edited by Æthlstan

You cant tell me that it didnt contribute at all to the ruin of the french nation when almost every single southern port, and I think all of the North was taken outside its timer, and with that, there were english and dutch screeners constantly tagging people and running away as to keep french defenders out of the battles.

1. Timer bug helped the defender to retake ports. We were the attacker, not the defender.

2. I personally saw like 2 british guys in eastern front. How many spaniards are around at same time? Answer is, up to 10 times that much.

1. Timer bug helped the defender to retake ports. We were the attacker, not the defender.

2. I personally saw like 2 british guys in eastern front. How many spaniards are around at same time? Answer is, up to 10 times that much.

1. No. That was my flag and my timer that I couldn't set on Guayaguayare, leaving the capture window to "anytime". This and the handful of other ports that we captured on this particular wednesday. End of story.

2. You have ten times less friends, my friend. ;)

• Like 1

1. No. That was my flag and my timer that I couldn't set on Guayaguayare, leaving the capture window to "anytime". This and the handful of other ports that we captured on this particular wednesday. End of story.

The ten ports we swedes took at one day all had timers set by you guys, but we couldn´t set timers after we took them (we even asked the devs to help setting the timers but they didn´t care about it). You guys did retake a few of this ports in the middle of the night, when they had no timers because of that bug. 

End of story?

• Like 2

2. You have ten times less friends, my friend. ;)

2. It was your choice to have those allies.

Wow, pretty much arrogant comments I have to say.

The spaniards actually said they would help you, cos otherwise the poor and outnumbered french wouldn´t have a chance otherwise.

When Dutch & Swedes  stood in front of ur Capital, u guys blamed Danes for not helping you and you guys warned us, french community would go pirate but would never accept a peace where u would loose one single port to the dutch, cos that would be an "insult to ur community".

So while the server knows that US, Brits and Dutch have actually a rly hard time in terms of activity, u guys blame them for being bad friends/allies?

At same time u go with the most active communities and don´t give a shit for the server balance and health. GJ

Edited by praefect
  • Like 3

The ten ports we swedes took at one day all had timers set by you guys, but we couldn´t set timers after we took them (we even asked the devs to help setting the timers but they didn´t care about it). You guys did retake a few of this ports in the middle of the night, when they had no timers because of that bug. 

End of story?

I answered to a Dutch captain, referring to the southern ports retaken from the Dutch during patch day.

Wow, pretty much arrogant comments I have to say.

The spaniards actually said they would help you, cos otherwise the poor and outnumbered french wouldn´t have a chance otherwise.

When Dutch & Swedes  stood in front of ur Capital, u guys blamed Danes for not helping you and you guys warned us, french community would go pirate but would never accept a peace where u would loose one single port to the dutch, cos that would be an "insult to ur community".

So while the server knows that US, Brits and Dutch have actually a rly hard time in terms of activity, u guys blame them for being bad friends/allies?

At same time u go with the most active communities and don´t give a shit for the server balance and health. GJ

Oh. We're the new Brits now? :lol:

• Like 1

Btw, Otto Kohl and his Crew tried like 20 times to take a dutch port and failed ... badly ... every ... fuckin ... time!

To prevent Dutch taking pirate ports they use 2nd accounts to craft flags before us.

Now they took 3 ports when we don´t have active players left and they blamed dutch in global chat for being retards.

THIS makes them and their puppets to the most laughable players on the server.^^

• Like 2

20 times, interesting. I recall 3 :).

Count again, and include all ur attempts on cabo de la vela too. ;)

Was always funny to see u guys failing on ur own livestream^^

Oh really you think thats us ? Do you have any proof ? If not please dont spread lies.

Yes, these guys wrote in dutch chat that they are pirates. Also f.e. charliezulu(1) and others are topic in tribunal. (BTW, quite a lot topics in tribunal section are about pirates ;) )

Any screens from chat - never said that so please dont lie again :) .

No, u don´t posted a YouTube vid and did not blame us for not showing up, right? And ur GAF puppets did not answer to that?

God damn, dutch, swedes and french captains must have had a fata morgana at the same time.^^

And funny how u always ask for ss, like comments of all captains outside pirate nation wouldn´t count otherwise.^^

Anyway, why I even bother to answer u^^

Edited by praefect
  • Like 2

I answered to a Dutch captain, referring to the southern ports retaken from the Dutch during patch day.

And this is the post of said dutch captain you answered to.

I don´t see where this is only about the southern ports. It is about you being the defender.

See you in battle (hopefully).

Mostly doing meta gaming atm, cos we do not have a PB fleet left to attack anything^^

But after a proper patch I´ll serve u with my attendance. ;)

You mean those dozens of fake flags bought for 150k to waste your time guarding ports ;) ?

More these dozen times were pirates asses were kicked outside and inside Cabo de la vela. Maybe u were lucky and most time no part of these fleets back then. gratz ;)

Edited by praefect

And this is the post of said dutch captain you answered to.

I don´t see where this is only about the southern ports. It is about you being the defender.

Let me requote him again, then:

We were the attacker

Is Praefect a Swede, now? Have I missed something?

This can go on all day, you know.