Game-Labs Forum

BIG BUG CRUSHED MY SHIP FOR NOTHING !! WHY TIMEOUT !?!!? WHAT HELL !?!?!? LOST GOLD POWDER MONKEY ?:!

gus82

look, please what is it? I had a power cut here .. was a very low level of battle, where 10-minute battle I did not have any damage to my vitory !!!

I got managed to came back to battle  in less than 5 minutes i think ! 

.. and the battle had been closed!!  and destroyed my ship ?? what  crap is this ?  where the server finish the battle and kill you if u not go back in time? You have a timeout?

I want my victory back! gold had upgrades and gold powder monkey !! what is this nonsense? I already gone to a smaller mission that M & C  i even can hit this small ships properly to not have rinsk !! 

and for not having risk of losing my powder monkey!  .. and server ends the battle and kill me before I go back ??

What the fuck ?

Really ! I'm so distressed and so angry that I can not even explain! do please return my ship. I did not do anything to lose it. the battle had to continue, at most would have some minimum damage! and I would recover and would still have won this battle! as the server closes the battle and kill me before I get back? for the love of God !!!

Its the second time that problems like this are just ruin my life in the game.. ITS NONSENSE TO THE SERVER TO FINISH THE BATTLE !!  AND EVEN KILLING YOU FOR NO REASON !!

LAST TIME I LOST A PURPLE POWDER MONKEY...   by game crashes after a update... now  this ? ?

PLEASE GIVE MY VICTORY GOLD UPGRADES AND GOLD POWDER MONKEY BACK.

THE GAME IS FOR CREATING FUN, CHALLENGE, FRIENDSHIPS, ADVENTURES ..
NOT TO CREATE HATE ANGER AND FRUSTRATION WITHOUt GAMEPLAY REASON. !

SURE THAT THE GAME CAN NOT LET PEOPLE TURN IT OFF TO AVOID LOSES.  !! BUT WTF ! IT CANT  JUST FINISH THE BATTLE ROOM WITH A TIMEOUT  FOR SOMEONE DISCONNECTED,
THE GAME CAN NOT FUCK  THE CLIENT WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEM.

THE BATTLE HAS TO CONTINUE AND NOT BE CLOSED AFTER A SHORT TIMEOUT OR SOMETHING...  KILLING YOU.. TO LOSE ALL ! 

FOR ELECTRICITY A PROBLEM. !?!
CAN NOT GET OUT CLOSING BATTLE IF CLIENT CRASHED OR DISCONECTED..  MAYBE NEED TO CONTINUE THIS WHEN IT CAME BACK ? (IF SOLO) OR AT LEASTTT !! AT LEAST DONT  JUST CLOSE AND KILL THE CLIENT SHIP WITH A TIMEOUT !?!!

Your Caps Lock (or brain) is broken.

i just hope same happen to you ( 2 times in 3 days).. maybe then you learn to not be so " brave" behind internet ;)

if you dont have anything constructive to say just shut up :)

You are like a little girl that always speak softly ?  good for you.

calm down captain - losing victory is indeed frustrating

did you report f11 when you relogged?

because currently system gives 10 mins to re login - if you say it is 5 mins you should be able to get back to battle

we will check the logs tomorrow and report back to you in private message

You won't get it back. No different from hundreds of situations during this testing.

you fell god with that ? :) sadic felling hum ?No different from hundreds of situations "

if the server will close the battle. at least it need to keep its status to when player come back..

or 30- 1h timeout.. and not 5-10 mins..

true that a player.. the server need to protect from player disconect to save its ship .. but its also true that the server cant timeout a battle and close it and kill you...

if the server killed and closed it,, its nonsense to not give it back,  otherwise its a sadic bad thing  form devs.

normally they want to do nice game, not to laugh about and leave players losing ships killed by timeout.. if theres was a battle and the enemy killed it.. FIne.. but no.

it was closed and killed it.  closed the battle .

more than 10mins of battle and i had NO damage at all, especially with this new update that make small ships almost do nothing to big ones...

another 5-10 and it get the battle closed  ? with a programed killing ?!! why ?

this is nonsense.

sure that i want it back - the last one was ok, was a battle in place and the npcs killed me wile my game was crashing. its fine. 

this time its not fine.  bcs the battle was closed, the enemy not killed me.. the server closed and killed me by defalt result.

so i really want it back..

cant play with this timeout thing.  theres 2 options:

or it freezes to when yo u came back after a time, (* to not alow player to just disconect and wait when diing) 

OR it DOnt close the battle for 40 -1h time... or until its really over.

or the battle is on the client side ??

im want this back, yes !..

and if not, i think i cant play it anymore and Im going to be an advocate against this game.

i was liking it so much and waited for decades for a game like this.. but now i having only frustrations with it.

Cant  be a policy of "never returning the boat and items". if analysis see problem on processes or programming, or misunderstanding of how it would be fair. Insist that they return.

I do not claim to lose connection and die in battle as hundreds of these cases as you mention.... ( its fair to lose if the battle kill you.)

but I think if the server ends the battle and kills you by default, I think it has to be modified, and if it occurs one should not lose the ship. so.. sure that i want it back.

I remeber I quited POTBS because of a similar reason. 

The devs there said that they had checked the log and that I was probably right, but that they couldnt check if the power cut was intentional or not.

They didnt give me my Courone back so I rage quited.

I (and I think many of us) underestand your feelings, but this things happen in every mmo.

Please try to be patient and respectfull (no need to use caps, everybody underestood your argument).

I gess it will happen to us all sooner or later.

If you can have it back, thats ok, if you cant, just chill and build a new one.

(If you are playing Spanish in PvP 1 i ll be glad to help you buid a new one. Just contact me)

Gaizka

I remeber I quited POTBS because of a similar reason. 

The devs there said that they had checked the log and that I was probably right, but that they couldnt check if the power cut was intentional or not.

They didnt give me my Courone back so I rage quited.

I (and I think many of us) underestand your feelings, but this things happen in every mmo.

Please try to be patient and respectfull (no need to use caps, everybody underestood your argument).

I gess it will happen to us all sooner or later.

If you can have it back, thats ok, if you cant, just chill and build a new one.

(If you are playing Spanish in PvP 1 i ll be glad to help you buid a new one. Just contact me)

Gaizka

thank you friend i think all will be fine.. i have other ships..  was trying to get a 3 5 live oak str with speed anyway... :) my dream ship :)

so im making parts for a santi or another vic to try 3 5 .. i always not get luck and alway got 2 4 ships.. maybe  this time i have lucky perhaps :)

and yes.. not need caps .. i was so mad about at the time.. sorry all about .

because currently system gives 10 mins to re login - if you say it is 5 mins you should be able to get back to battle

should give a system like potbs has you will stay in combat(unable to log out so if you dc your ship will stay put) when under attack and more so if your solo longer its going to wait because more ships shooting at you(being in combat would be the can not leave in the battle timer compaired to not being in combat where you acn leave) so how it should be(in my eyes) is if you dc and are in combat you should stay in combat and unable to time out and auto surrender(another broken thing should be it puts you to the battle results keeping a dura in fleets pvp more than likely would result in boarding) so you would have plenty of time to make it back sence the new system makes vics untouchable basicly 

First: This is still Alpha! It's from my point a view a very stable Alpha that makes you forget sometimes that it's Alpha, but it is Alpha. Period. Or in other words: One has to be aware that there might be bugs and glitches or decisions by the Developers that might be a bit strange in our eyes (like fixed resource prices).

Second: Keeping battle instances open could cause a massive waste of server resources, therefore it may be necessary to close them after a certain time (5-15 minutes) to prevent performance issues. If you have a weak internet connection it's a sad situation, but not the servers fault.

Third: Giving ships back to the player after a disconnect and closing the battle instance would lead to people disconnecting intentionally when getting into trouble.

Finally: Get over it, be aware of Alpha state and enjoy the game as it is. If you like start a discussion about sense or nonsense of the battle timeout in the "Suggestions" forum. Complaints won't help, not you nor the Developers. Sounds harsh maybe, but IMHO the best you can do.

• Like 1

I wrote about this elsewhere, too, but perhaps this is the right thread. (I don't know how to start a thread. I haven't been able to find the location.)

CANNOT LEAVE: I outdistanced my AI pursuers for over an HOUR, but could not leave. They were way back in the distance, much further than I have ever outdistanced an opponent's ship before. I had to wait until the whole game timed out more than an an hour and 5 minutes after I decided to run away. Is this a BUG? I reported it via F11 during the battle.

Edited by Lannes

I wrote about this elsewhere, too, but perhaps this is the right thread. (I don't know how to start a thread. I haven't been able to find the location.)

CANNOT LEAVE: I outdistanced my AI pursuers for over an HOUR, but could not leave. They were way back in the distance, much further than I have ever outdistanced an opponent's ship before. I had to wait until the whole game timed out more than an an hour and 5 minutes after I decided to run away. Is this a BUG? I reported it via F11 during the battle.

Captain, it was explained here

• Like 1