Game-Labs Forum

the Clan warehouse can be improved

Hi fellas!

The clan warehouse is a nice feature but i think that can be improved with a log and grant individual rights to withdraw and deposit 

salutes

totally agree on the idea of a chronology of transactions

• Like 1

A history of who has deposited / taken out is very much needed.

Prolly more needed in a clan of pirates - just sayin ....

-----

What I really want to see is a clan dock - perhaps only 5 or 10 ship spaces. Players can "donate" unwanted ships and officers can take out and give to other players = proto recycling :)

• Like 1

Suggestions

-You should be charged an upkeep for housing items in the warehouse.

-It SHOULD have a ship bay which would tax each member of the clan, structured by the clan leader based on the number/types of ships.

-You should be able to send ships/items from a battle to the bay directly, for a fee. Ships may only be checked out at the bay's harbor and may be checked in anywhere. Similar to mailing items, will be limited by a queue. Instant check ins from the harbor. Assessed weekly fee on dock.

• 1 month later...

WE NEED - a history function that shows who put what in the warehouse and who withdrew what. The purpose of this is to show who is contributing and who is simply using. It gives credit therefore to crafters storing ships after withdrawing resources and credit to those depositing. It lets the clan know who is not pulling weight.

I would also:

- Allow crafted ships to be stored in clan warehouse

- Allow stored ships to be tagged for people or purpose

- Allow resources put in the clan warehouse to be locked to users - i.e. merchant deposits resources and locks them to a specific crafter who has asked for said resources. That crafter can release the resources for general use if they want.

- Add another storage rank that allows withdraw and deposit but does not allow destruction or closure of warehouse

• Like 1

As Lytse said on http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14472-clan-warehouse-improvement-to-stimulate-cooperative-play/?p=274816

and I belief somebody else made a similar statement on another topic.

While doing the actual bookkeeping is a real bitch, it does represent one of the challenges faced by trader companies in the 18th century.

I actually like the fact that it requires trust and cooperation. I think so far we have never closed a day with the books in check. :D

If we do go down this route, then rather I would like to see an in game register that folks could update. Then again should we let devs spend time on that or should we rather go for an "external" tool?

Maybe we can think of something that makes it easy to use such an external tool.

It sucks that you have to click two times for every single item to store in clan warehouse. It would be much more convenient if you could put more than one item per click in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestions for a cooperative warehouse more like a commodity market is in my signature (together with a thread with some banking/economic suggestions).

A warehouse with an auditing mechanism and an elaborate security system is a conservative approach on exchanging goods between players which is totally unnecessary and in my humble opinion a totally wrong route of implementation.

You want do develop a commodity market (through means of a clanwarehouse to keep a limit to that market), so players can exchange goods whilst the clan can provide an income source and a safe transaction environment for its players by buying and selling the goods trhough te warehouse, hence creating a small clan-driven economy.

It is way simpler and easier to implement then an elaborate auditing and security mechanism. Furthermore, it is a more unique approach which will make this game stand out among the crowd (of lousy implemented clan warehouses).

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this topic cause I'm a data junkie.

In addition to asking for things like:

- Book keeping tool or Ledger for Market Trades

- Balance Sheet for personal Finance with Profit/Loss

- Basic level clan-warehouse inventory control

What if as an easy win, you add an Export to XML/XLS/TXT etc.... so the data junkies can make use of the data in the clan warehouse for better inventory control.

Anyone else like easy to read and manage data?