Game-Labs Forum

Remove the option to craft ships ?

Make them available in market with all their different built in variations.

You will need to complete missions/pvp tasks in order to be able to sail different ranks/variations.

Like for gold - fir/rigging/speed Essex 3/5 you need 10 pvp frig class kills or 100 AI kills.

Also add more variety in upgrades.

2nd option.. make so that crafters can sell ships only to their nations and neutral ports. Not to players. Players will buy from ports.

You will need to complete missions/pvp tasks in order to be able to sail different ranks/variations.

Like for gold - fir/rigging/speed Essex 3/5 you need 10 pvp frig class kills or 100 AI kills.

2nd option.. make so that crafters can sell ships only to their nations and neutral ports. Not to players. Players will buy from ports.

I think i know where u coming from but if player build ships are to expensive in your area, just get a group of people together and start making your own ships

Enjoy the market pvp

But simply removing a part of the game because some people are greedy thats just insane

So i must follow with the previous posters, that will be a no for me to

You what?

Actually if you knew anything abut the periode, you would know that naval officers was often put in change of naval shipyards.

Actually if you knew, thats like ordering ships to a craftman in some port. Has nothing to do with actual crafting. In formula 1 pilots are in charge of their boxes, but that doesnt make them mechanics,...

crafting brings more depth to the game. Many people are in the game only because the crafting and trading exists. Not everyone is into fighting ships 24/7. I could do PVP everytime, but I also craft when I want some change. 

• Like 2

Why are you talking about removing craft ?  Who said that ? You can still craft whatever you want! Just sell the ships to port. There are also upgrades to craft you know ?

To Quineloe, 1- obviously to involve more people in fights, so that they learn something from the game.It is alpha! People should test game mechanics.. not crafting. Its sad being asked by Curse rank players: How do you demast ships?

2 - people will stop to complain how boring is OS sailing.

Actually if you knew, thats like ordering ships to a craftman in some port. Has nothing to do with actual crafting. In formula 1 pilots are in charge of their boxes, but that doesnt make them mechanics,...

You don't just tell any random craftman to build a ship of the line.

Running a military shipyard with thousands of workers is an extremely complex matter. And it was not uncommon to have an admiral in charge of it. And not something you just told any random civilian to do.

Sure there are some small countries (in naval terms) that did use civilian yards for their warships, but the major powers had specialized yards that only served the navy. And they had naval officers in charge... 

Edited by thomas aagaard
  • Like 1

1- obviously to involve more people in fights, so that they learn something from the game.It is alpha! People should test game mechanics.. not crafting. Its sad being asked by Curse rank players: How do you demast ships?

2 - people will stop to complain how boring is OS sailing.

1. Wrong.First of all, crafting is one of the game's mechanics. Second of all - there is nothing forcing people to do crafting if they don't want to. Especially since you promote selling ships to ports instead of to players, there is absolutely no reason for crafters to stop crafting and go sailing. As for alpha focus testing, we did this already in Sea Trials, no it is time to test open world mechanics... like crafting and player driven economy.

2. Wrong. Your idea changes OW sailing in absolutely no way or form at all. Your reasoning is faulty.

Your argumentation is invalid and inconsistent. You fail to provide any proper reasoning for implementation of your idea.

• Like 2

Imo the author of this proposal is disgussed with the situation that only few ships of certain type/quality get to the market. Yes, crafters prefer selling ships directly, because there is no 10% taxation when trading directly. You just need to get in touch with crafters and let them prepare ships for you. 

Edited by Porpoise

You don't just tell any random craftman to build a ship of the line.

Running a military shipyard with thousands of workers is an extremely complex matter. And it was not uncommon to have an admiral in charge of it. And not something you just told any random civilian to do.

Sure there are some small countries (in naval terms) that did use civilian yards for their warships, but the major powers had specialized yards that only served the navy. And they had naval officers in charge... 

I get you. I just dont think that these admirals.. have to transport materials, resources or get involved in the actual raw work.

Dont you prefer to spend 3 hours hunting.. pvping than sailing traders and crafting ? I still want to have crafting in game, its just that I think it will be better to focus more on the variety/rarity of upgrading the ships and making them more unique.

1. Wrong.First of all, crafting is one of the game's mechanics. Second of all - there is nothing forcing people to do crafting if they don't want to. Especially since you promote selling ships to ports instead of to players, there is absolutely no reason for crafters to stop crafting and go sailing. As for alpha focus testing, we did this already in Sea Trials, no it is time to test open world mechanics... like crafting and player driven economy.

2. Wrong. Your idea changes OW sailing in absolutely no way or form at all. Your reasoning is faulty.

Your argumentation is invalid and inconsistent. You fail to provide any proper reasoning for implementation of your idea.

1. Wrong! You are talking about 2nd option. 1st option is only about crafting upgrades. Ships will be sold by the ports.

2. Wrong again. See 1. And whats to test about crafting ? Its a simple algorithm with close to no variables.

I get you. I just dont think that these admirals.. have to transport materials, resources or get involved in the actual raw work.

Dont you prefer to spend 3 hours hunting.. pvping than sailing traders and crafting ? I still want to have crafting in game, its just that I think it will be better to focus more on the variety/rarity of upgrading the ships and making them more unique.

It still makes no sense.

Let those who want to craft and trade do what they like with the actual market and you can still go to  pvp / hunt or whatever you like. As everyone else is doing now too WITH the actual crafting system.

I do all of it actually. I mostly craft my stuff once or twice per day, depending on how much time I have, go  for a trade run if needed which takes me 1 to several hours if i craft stuff for myself, and depending on how much stuff i need.

If i just want to go out for a fight i just skip the trading to a point when i e.g. want to eat something and use my 2nd screen to watch videos / movies while the ships sails on OW to it's destination.

+ I sometimes don't even have to trade to craft ships for others, because I also offer the option that THEY who want ships from me, bring me all the necessary crafted materials + Crafting notes, so that i only need to craft the ship out of these materials. Saves me the time to to get the stuff and craft them + maybe have a ship that noone actually wants AND give the other person his share of craft XP and his ship (for free in my case, as i only take the ship XP as payment in such a case)

• Like 1

also if your ship sank in real life you could die for real

but this is a game 

I think i need to elaborate a bit. The main idea, for me is to implement a number of pvp kills/assists in orther to get a better ship.

Example:

basic frigate - only for gold from the port

common - 1kill or 3 assists + gold

fine - 3kills or 9 assists + gold

mastercraft - 6kills or 18 assists + gold

exceptional - 10 kills or 30 assists + gold

You want a better ship ? You have to kill for it.

Alo this can help smaller nations in PBs if they are actually playing better. They will get more kills/assists than their opponents, so they will be able to sail better ships next time.

1. Wrong! You are talking about 2nd option. 1st option is only about crafting upgrades. Ships will be sold by the ports.

2. Wrong again. See 1. And whats to test about crafting ? Its a simple algorithm with close to no variables.

Sigh. You are making no sense whatsoever.

Because ships will be sold to ports and not to players, crafters will go out fighting? Because crafting is a simple algorithm that doesn't need to be tested, it's removal will make OW sailing more fun?

At this point you're just putting one word next to the other and hoping that it makes a sentence. You lack integrity. If you're presenting a proposition, be sure to be able to discuss it and it's role. Or at least be sincere and admit that only thing you're interested in is not having to interact with crafters to get your own ship and you never really thought as far as "what it will mean for the game as a whole".

Seriously :/

• Like 1

I think i need to elaborate a bit. The main idea, for me is to implement a number of pvp kills/assists in orther to get a better ship.

Example:

basic frigate - only for gold from the port

common - 1kill or 3 assists + gold

fine - 3kills or 9 assists + gold

mastercraft - 6kills or 18 assists + gold

exceptional - 10 kills or 30 assists + gold

You want a better ship ? You have to kill for it.

Alo this can help smaller nations in PBs if they are actually playing better. They will get more kills/assists than their opponents, so they will be able to sail better ships next time.

You already have that with the Rank system dude...

i mean sure you can get the santissima of your friend and sail it in OW with you rank 1 40 crew...but try to do so in battle...LOADS of fun, rly [sarcasm]

but hey, what did you have to do again get a rank up? RIGHT, go out and fight! And on the other hand being forced to play PvP or kill like 10 times the amount of NPCs just to sail a ship is pure nonsense anyway...

Edit:

the conecpt of the actual system works fine as it is now. It may only need some fine tuning but that comes over time, it's still an alpha anyway.

Edited by NoShipSailsForever