Game-Labs Forum

Remove the option to craft ships ?

Ok. I understand. I will try 1 more time and then drop it.

1. At the moment you can sell ships to port right ? You can sell any ship at a price. The thing is that no one does that besides some that resell basic or capped ships. Exceptional frigate is worth exactly as much as a basic one for AI shop. I only ask that port actually offers you a good amount of gold for the quality of your ship. For example - a gold frigate could be sold by the crafter for lets say 200k to the port.

This will reduce trade spams in nations at least a bit and help low level crafters to regain the gold they spent for mats. It will also balance the clan powers. Etc....

2. The current rank system is good. But it doesnt automatically mean that at rank 5 you sail Frig. It means you can afford to fully crew one!

How about implement mark of victory ?

Pve kill of the same rank gives you 2 marks, assist - 1.

Pvp kill gives you 20 marks, assist - 10.

You can buy a certificate for fine frigate for 60 marks. Exceptional for 200. Basic certificate is free of marks.

I will explain why I think that will be good for the game.

At the moment, not many people are willing to risk their ships/duras in an even fight. Running from engagement/battle is most common. Imo that is because a lot of people spend too much time/efford to get the ship they want, and to modify it as they want. So, when they see a chance to lose it, they prefer to run.

If you reduce a bit the cost of ships, or at least fix it in the market and add the marks, it will soften the fear of losing it. Also this will add more variety of choise. Do I sail common frig and spend less marks , so I get gold Essex later ? 

Why not ?

The pure idea of people going PvP because they have to while they don't want to gives me the creeps.

This!

There should be something for everyone. So why make people do something they don't like to do? They Will eventually leave the game because of that.

I think current system is good enough. Maybe we should allow developers to think about New content, not thinking these questions at this time.

• Like 1

1. At the moment you can sell ships to port right ? You can sell any ship at a price. The thing is that no one does that besides some that resell basic or capped ships. Exceptional frigate is worth exactly as much as a basic one for AI shop. I only ask that port actually offers you a good amount of gold for the quality of your ship. For example - a gold frigate could be sold by the crafter for lets say 200k to the port.

This will reduce trade spams in nations at least a bit and help low level crafters to regain the gold they spent for mats. It will also balance the clan powers. Etc....

2. The current rank system is good. But it doesnt automatically mean that at rank 5 you sail Frig. It means you can afford to fully crew one!

How about implement mark of victory ? (...) At the moment, not many people are willing to risk their ships/duras in an even fight (...) If you reduce a bit the cost of ships

1. You're talking about money being generated out of thin air. In the meantime, the very idea of player driven economy is that worth is decided by need. You're going against the whole concept of player eco. At the same time, your idea in no way addresses balance of clan power, as clans will still work within closed circles. Removing ability to do so is also out of the question - it's a social game, and as such, p2p options are necessary part of the experience.

2. So you are proposing grind of top of the grind to be able to grind to grind the grind? Honestly...

Your proposal is as follow - first you need to grind for the rank, then you need to grind for another rank, then - if you loose a ship - you need to regrind your rank that you had anyway. In other words, owning a ship requires not only funds, but every ship you own had to be grinded for. People already complain for the amount of grind, do you honestly think they will be more willing to loose ship if that means having to grind for a new one all over again?

As is the cost is meaningless. Ships are cheap as hell compared to money you get for battles.

given the INSANE quantity of gold per hour that grants doing simple missions, I hardly understand people complaining about prices of crafted ships.

It is the inflation of gold that - in presence of a certain level of demand of goods - makes the prices grow higher and higher.

Moreover, you can mission (I do actually) using only grey ships purchased directly by the IA of the ports (not mentioning the possibility to capture IA ships, including constitutions and 3rd rates).

So, putting it simple:

1) want a ship just to mission around? cap it or purchase a grey one in ports for a price that is more than reasonable!

2) want a ship to enter base level port battles? Cap a 3rd rate!

2) want something more? Comply with point 1) and gain gold until you can afford it!

Edited by victor

1. You dont HAVE to do anything. You can get marks from pve or buy them for gold. Its just a bit slower/expensive.

2. You get a Certificate. Its a one time only thats why its called a Certificate! And you dont need Certificate for basic ship. 

Where is the grind exactly ?! You will get ships more easily(lower cost) once you have the certificate.

Nvm.. just tired of this.. you dont want to actually let it in your mind.. its cool. I just want pvp to be more rewarding than fleeting/crafting. Atm crafting is way ahead.

Edited by DarkspaceII

given the INSANE quantity of gold per hour that grants doing simple missions, I hardly understand people complaining about prices of crafted ships.

It is the inflation of gold that - in presence of a certain level of demand of goods - makes the prices grow higher and higher.

Moreover, you can mission (I do actually) using only grey ships purchased directly by the IA of the ports (not mentioning the possibility to capture IA ships, including constitutions and 3rd rates).

So, putting it simple:

1) want a ship just to mission around? cap it or purchase a grey one in ports for a price that is more than reasonable!

2) want a ship to enter base level port battles? Cap a 3rd rate!

2) want something more? Comply with point 1) and gain gold until you can afford it!

Good.. then can you tell me why I cant find a gold-fir/str/speed 3/4 or 3/5 Consti for nearly a month ? Believe me.. I can afford to buy it. Im offering 2x its market price.

People were complaining about HAVING to do something they dont WANT to ... tell me then why I HAVE to grind/trade so I can pvp ?

Do you know what happens when you start doing it constantly in OS ? Your income goes to .... You are forced to camp newbs near capitols, so you can use their 1 dura live oak/stiff stuff. Now put some gold upgrades if u want ;)

Tell me.. how to you get a 1st rate ? Pray for a Brit to come around so you can cap it?

1. You dont HAVE to do anything. You can get marks from pve or buy them for gold. Its just a bit slower/expensive.

2. You get a Certificate. Its a one time only thats why its called a Certificate! And you dont need Certificate for basic ship. 

Where is the grind exactly ?! You will get ships more easily once you have the certificate(lower cost).

Nvm.. just tired of this.. you dont want to actually let it in your mind.. its cool. I just want pvp to be more rewarding than fleeting/crafting. Atm crafting is way ahead.

So what is the actual reason for that? You first need to get a rank and then need to get a rank on top of the rank? Honestly, the more you try to "refine" your idea, the less sense it makes :/

If you wan grind to be longer - increase XP needed. What is the friggin sense of adding another XP bar, that fills with doing the exact same things as the first one? Seriously, your certificates are just that - artificial XP bar, The Second. You go PvE / PvP, you gain XP1 and XP2 - why!? If anything, just tie it to one type of XP... and I would still be against gating ships behind ANOTHER gate. They are gated by crew req already!

With all due respect, your idea is straight up bad. And no matter how much you pout and tell other they are "close minded", it wont change it.

Tell me.. how to you get a 1st rate ? Pray for a Brit to come around so you can cap it?

There we go, there is the salt. You don't. As simple as that. Find a crafter who can craft it, get important enough to be on the top of the list, get your 1st rate.

Everything works as it should.

• Like 1

Good.. then can you tell me why I cant find a gold-fir/str/speed 3/4 or 3/5 Consti for nearly a month ? Believe me.. I can afford to buy it. Im offering 2x its market price.

People were complaining about HAVING to do something they dont WANT to ... tell me then why I HAVE to grind/trade so I can pvp ?

Do you know what happens when you start doing it constantly in OS ? Your income goes to .... You are forced to camp newbs near capitols, so you can use their 1 dura live oak/stiff stuff. Now put some gold upgrades if u want ;)

Well maybe because you may offer 2x the price but 3 of the 5 things you want is up to random chance where noone can say "hey i guarantee that the ship will be xxx"

when you build a ship you can set:

quality: 1-4 craft notes (in rare cases other than the used amount of notes)

wood type: fir / teak / oak / live oak

1st upgrade: build strength / planking /  crew space / rigging quality

but:

2nd Upgrade is random either: Speed OR Stiffness

for gold ship perm. Upgrade Slots either: 2 OR 3

for gold ship normal Upgrade Slots either : 4 OR 5

that is why i wrote before, I give the option to either let the one who wants the ship give me:

- a predefined price for the ship BEFORE it is build, because i don't want to sit on a ship that noone wants and that's to cheap for NPC

- the crafted materials + notes and build them their ship for free then (which is mostly aprreciated, even when it doesn't get e.g. speed or 3/5) 

Edited by NoShipSailsForever

So what is the actual reason for that? You first need to get a rank and then need to get a rank on top of the rank? Honestly, the more you try to "refine" your idea, the less sense it makes :/

If you wan grind to be longer - increase XP needed. What is the friggin sense of adding another XP bar, that fills with doing the exact same things as the first one? Seriously, your certificates are just that - artificial XP bar, The Second. You go PvE / PvP, you gain XP1 and XP2 - why!? If anything, just tie it to one type of XP... and I would still be against gating ships behind ANOTHER gate. They are gated by crew req already!

With all due respect, your idea is straight up bad. And no matter how much you pout and tell other they are "close minded", it wont change it.

There we go, there is the salt. You don't. As simple as that. Find a crafter who can craft it, get important enough to be on the top of the list, get your 1st rate.

Everything works as it should.

Ohhhhhh.. what xp2 ..!? mark of victory is an item you get for kills/assists so you can trade it for a certificate. Once you spend it, you dont have it anymore. Its more like gold. Man.. you never played potbs ? You buy the best stuff with pvp currency which ofc can be exchanged for gold or anything...

And I have 1st rate, 2nd too.. i just dont like to use them in OS.

to NoshipSailsForever.. I know that already, and i propose to cover the mats for the failed ones, or buy and sell them.. etc .. I even offered to Trade My gold live oak/speed 3/5 Pavel for such Connie ;/

Still finally today I found a guy that is willing to make the efford. Sadly, he was not even from my "nation" ;) Now he is.

Edited by DarkspaceII

Ohhhhhh.. what xp2 ..!? mark of victory is an item you get for kills/assists so you can trade it for a certificate. Once you spend it, you dont have it anymore. Its more like gold. Man.. you never played potbs ? You buy the best stuff with pvp currency which ofc can be exchanged for gold or anything...

Which you need to grind for to unlock the ability to sail a ship X. Just as with XP. It's redundant if they both serve the same purpose.

And no, I never played PotBS. So? :)

And I have 1st rate, 2nd too.. i just dont like to use them in OS.

to NoshipSailsForever.. I know that already, and i propose to cover the mats for the failed ones, or buy and sell them.. etc .. I even offered to Trade My gold live oak/speed 3/5 Pavel for such Connie ;/

Still finally today I found a guy that is willing to make the efford. Sadly, he was not even from my "nation" ;) Now he is.

Who cares if he is from your nation?

For that reason i'd just build my shipyard in a free town. to meet up and trade there with other nations / pirates

Well maybe because you may offer 2x the price but 3 of the 5 things you want is up to random chance where noone can say "hey i guarantee that the ship will be xxx"

2 of them .. for the regular slots i dont mind 4 or 5. Its 25% chance to get it...

And dont you want things to even out a bit ? I mean different play styles ?

Why crafting should be rewarded highest ?

Atm crafting>fleeting/xp> pvping.. in terms of income.

Imo, the time spent for hunting or chasing someone in battle is way too much for its reward ;/

I exclude full DW port battles.. but since PBs number will be greatly reduced with the next patch.. at least boost OS pvp somehow ?

Which you need to grind for to unlock the ability to sail a ship X. Just as with XP. It's redundant if they both serve the same purpose.

And no, I never played PotBS. So? :)

In Potbs(pirates of the burning sea) you get similar medals for pvp kills, and you buy best ships with it. It makes pvp more rewarding. You can get the ship both ways(pvp or pve), its just that you will do it faster if u pvp.

Who cares if he is from your nation?

For that reason i'd just build my shipyard in a free town. to meet up and trade there with other nations / pirates

My point was that in a whole nation(big one) no one could supply this specific ship built ins for a long period. But if you look for live oak/str/speed or oak or teak variation, you can find it with ease! Why ? Cause ppl dont pvp enough and require ships for pve.

My point was that in a whole nation(big one) no one could supply this specific ship built ins for a long period. But if you look for live oak/str/speed or oak or teak variation, you can find it with ease! Why ? Cause ppl dont pvp enough and require ships for pve.

Well if they wanted to sell it via the Store i guess you could figure it out yourself...except you so far prolly noone would buy it.

And no clue why people didn't build you one IF you asked in chat for it. I prolly would have, as Fir and LiveOak are the only frames i use (liveoak for warships and fir for trader hunters and traders).

But on the other hand...i only play one the PvE server. If i would want to PvP i'd just join a small battle

Well if they wanted to sell it via the Store i guess you could figure it out yourself...except you so far prolly noone would buy it.

And no clue why people didn't build you one IF you asked in chat for it. I prolly would have, as Fir and LiveOak are the only frames i use (liveoak for warships and fir for trader hunters and traders).

But on the other hand...i only play one the PvE server. If i would want to PvP i'd just join a small battle

I cannot say about nations, but with pirates .. its a whole different story. Too many hunters.... too few crafters. As i said i found a guy that will do it. I had other crafters willing to make me a Consti if i provide all mats.. the problem is the 25% chance.. it would take me too much time to collect/make mats for a couple of Connies ;/

As for the pvp.. actually the hunt itself ..to prepare,lure, intercept, navigate,communicate, tag well enough so you have a chance to catch/run away in battle, is as fun and interesting as the battle.

Imo removing reinforcements and reducing the timer to 2 min was a huge hit !

Your suggestion presumes everyone plays the game purely for PVP. This is simply not true. it is not realistic to expect everyone to play the game as you like to play it. As has been suggested if your idea was implemented there would likely be somewhat of an exodus from people who actually enjoyed the part of the game you wish to kill off. The most likely result is less PVP buddies, not more. 

Your suggestion presumes everyone plays the game purely for PVP. This is simply not true. it is not realistic to expect everyone to play the game as you like to play it. As has been suggested if your idea was implemented there would likely be somewhat of an exodus from people who actually enjoyed the part of the game you wish to kill off. The most likely result is less PVP buddies, not more. 

Hm... so it is ok for crafters to extort us with labor hour(crafting tool)...400k high grade notes etc.. but it wont be ok if we want some gold from them for medals(pvp tool) ?

Can you see the hypocrisy ?

Hm... so it is ok for crafters to extort us with labor hour(crafting tool)...400k high grade notes etc.. but it wont be ok if we want some gold from them for medals(pvp tool) ?

Can you see the hypocrisy ?

You've gone deep, mate. This is a game, chill out.

• Like 2

All your idea does is create more hoops that players have to jump through which is not fun. Also this is not Potbs and we will not go down the same stupid path the developers of POTBS took.  Also this is a game where you can do just about whatever you wan't, you want to craft fine, want to pvp fine, want to pve fine; Forcing people to pvp is against what the Developers wan't.

I cannot say about nations, but with pirates .. its a whole different story. Too many hunters.... too few crafters. As i said i found a guy that will do it. I had other crafters willing to make me a Consti if i provide all mats.. the problem is the 25% chance.. it would take me too much time to collect/make mats for a couple of Connies ;/

As for the pvp.. actually the hunt itself ..to prepare,lure, intercept, navigate,communicate, tag well enough so you have a chance to catch/run away in battle, is as fun and interesting as the battle.

Imo removing reinforcements and reducing the timer to 2 min was a huge hit !

Pirates have the largest economy and the best selection of ships.  Mortimer Town is often filled with near endless pages of ships.  I watched Deckie's stream a few weeks ago, and there were like 10+ pages just to get to mercury brig, let alone the frigates and sols.