Game-Labs Forum

National news reforms - Important

admin

And you accepted it in national news? Dont get me wrong, i know you have a hard job to do, but if you were not capable of controlling the content in national news, how are you going to controll all the other threads.

its much easier to control those - there are no grey areas. If the OP is talking about a person not about mechanics - post can be removed.

NN section is grey area from a to z.

• Like 3

Yes, we know. With all due respect, Kuro, but this is not a place for your personal war against DRUNK. If anything, you should be happy for it to end.

As for your points - we've seen much more hostility on national fronts than on nation/rouge clans fronts. Even with proper politics and diplomacy in game, the hostility won't go away.

I am very happy that this will finaly stop.

But really, I think it's already to late and it WON'T solve the problem.

Now I understand why you close that section, but isn't it a bit too late to do that now? Will it REALLY solve the problem? Don't you think the problem will just not move in another place?

Its never too late to make things better.

This is a development forum. There is no problem with forum PVP and flamewars - they just don't belong here.

• Like 2

From my experience the problem was perfectly opposite. People using the vague RP rules or "facts" to sneak in insults that would be out of place anywhere on the forums, but in the NN they were extremely hard to police. All the "honour debates" around any country's peace talks, the "russian train", the "lapdogs of X" all were fun and light the first time around, until repeated ad nauseam and to the point where it was obvious it wasn't RP anymore but very sour and personal thing indeed.

And there was the problem - how do you differentiate the light-hearted jab from a serious punch? Because if you leave these hidden punches in there, the underlying feeling will bleed through the posts sooner or later and it will sour everyone in there, were his intentions good or bad. And even if you were able to perfectly define where the problem begins - what is funny jab and what is a hidden insult - you are powerless to stop the bad guy until it's too late.

I think it could be "moderated", all posts should be RP base it need the form that means looks like something people usually said during 17,18 centuries.

it s fine if you want to use a "rude" or "insulted" word as long as thoses insult words were used ONLY in the old age, and no reference to the real world national players like russian overlords when you try to insult the dans( that s completly incorrect and stupid cause there are not only russians in dans nation anyway ).

so what I suggest is :

ALL posts must have RP forms and look like something people could say during 17,18 centuries.

NO rude words unless all the old one that people could use during 17,18 centuries.

Edited by thp
  • Like 1

RIP CAOD, errm National news.

Perhaps we can have an AAR section instead?

Lots of bad blood but that is to be expected, nevertheless was fun to read and entertaining whilst sailing long distances. Would be nice to keep it if mods could keep it neat and clean.

Edited by TrackTerror

I think it could be "moderated", all posts should be RP base it need the form that means looks like something people usually said during 17,18 centuries.

it s fine if you want to use a "rude" or "insulted" word as long as that insults were used ONLY in the old age, and no reference to the real world national players like russian overlords when you try to insult the dans( that s completly incorrect and stupid cause there are not only russians in dans nation anyway ).

We want players and mod volunteers to focus on gameplay development. No-one has time to decipher if a certain message is RP or abuse. 

• Like 2

Its never too late to make things better.

This is a development forum. There is no problem with forum PVP and flamewars - they just don't belong here.

It's never too late to make things better indeed.

But maybe it's too late to react like this? Harms have been done and it will be pretty difficult to just put it away like that, see what I mean?

It's never too late to make things better indeed.

But maybe it's too late to react like this? Harms have been done and it will be pretty difficult to just put it away like that, see what I mean?

I don't. What do you propose - keep the harmful element, because it already caused a lot of harm?

Sure, cleaning it up might be time consuming and difficult, but it's no reason to not clean it.

We want players and mod volunteers to focus on gameplay development. No-one has time to decipher if a certain message is RP or abuse. 

Give Hethwill a mod status and let him gather his RP crew. Do eet! Also Oleg, with his Tafa...thingies.

NN was in 95% a corrupted, vile place, sure. The few things that were not would be nice to save and to let them flourish. Setting of NA is it's strongest asset - there are few guys here who help make it even stronger. The RP stuff and guides these guys make could in future be part of the main game.

• Like 3

As for your points - we've seen much more hostility on national fronts than on nation/rouge clans fronts. Even with proper politics and diplomacy in game, the hostility won't go away.

Sorry, but this statement hardly depends on the standpoint.

In the Swedish nation it reached a level that really tries to destroy other players game experience on purpose.

It will be fine. 

1EOqa6O.png

You are exaggerating the forum pvp harm

It s a good point but i think somehow the RPs can also help the game developement if we correctly use it .

It mainly allows people to know what s going on the current war, politics, diplomacy with other nations and give a good strategy point of view.

Edited by thp
  • Like 1

It s a good point but i think somehow the RPs can also help the game developement if we correctly use it .

It mainly allows people to know what s going on the current war, politics, diplomacy with other nations and give a good strategy point of view.

I agree with this strongly. NN is something definitely worth another look at in the future, this time being prepared for the worst. After diplomatic tools are in game, maybe?

As far as I am competent I think this decision is probably the wiser :
Those who lose thrown the blame on the winners and those who win do not challenge the reasons for their success. Players need limits. The balance of these limits is the difference between a good and a bad game and the players are very often the worst placed to judge these limits. Prevent them from self-destructing on the forum is the right decision.
We (you) must now find balance in these rules.

• Like 1

Maybe I prefer take in account everything that understimating little "stuff" like this?

You are underestimating time required to police the NN section; time that can be used elsewhere for example on helping new players, searching for great design ideas and monitoring the gameplay discussions.

• Like 1

You are underestimating time required to police the NN section; time that can be used elsewhere for example on helping new players, searching for great design ideas and monitoring the gameplay discussions.

I see your point, but don't think that because you block here, it will stop the problem that happen here.

They are part of the atmosphere of the game and it can harm the playerbase, and in the end arm you.

So be careful, I don't want this game to become one with a toxic community. And neither do you I think.

Edited by KuroNyra

Yes, Hethwil, myself and some others had community events based on roleplay planned (admin will get mail on this later) - can we has a forum section for strictly roleplay/community events please? Possibly with VERY hard moderation?

VERY hard moderation is... very hard. :P

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want a pre-modded RP forums. Pre-modded as in posts don't even show up until approved by a mod. I guess it would take a week or two of hectic trolling attempts, but it would do to the trolls what trolls hate the most - take the attention away! :3

I would even volunteer to be a RP-premodding moderator :)

Really bad news :(

You don't have to lose time to read national news and other not important sub forums. Just let moderator do theirs job and keep discuss on good way.
Focus on " suggestion" and others more important subforum. Lock "national news" subforum is not an option. This game live, because of this part of forum. Without this people could felt like playing in hmm boring game... But is just my opinion.

I think, that like always you chose a best option for all :)

It saddens me that this forum will be closed. There will be something missing for me in Naval Action now.

We have no tools in-game for doing politics, now the only official place, also if "just" a forum, gets closed.

Seems like a few bad apples ruined the hole basket.

• Like 1

Boooo    Not encouraging endgame chaos and backing away from providing a place for rivalry & diplomacy to be discussed with those interested lessens the product IMO? I understand its a small staff and moderation is a lot of work.   But, I can't say I have ever been involved with a game forum that has taken this stance before.    I know we all need our "safe space" though............    

The community was given a chance to improve NN it did not.  Even when a clan tries to do a clean rp news some butthurt person or troll comes a long and derails it. For now it needs to go away since people are stuck being high schoolers.

• Like 4