Game-Labs Forum

Looking for a REAL MATURE clan/guild

I'm looking for a English speaking clan.

It has to be MATURE
i.e. is, no swearing in TS, come on we are adults not morons.
Mature topics, REAL LIFE STUFF not my 10 years of EVE playing.
Religion & Geopolitical Talk allowed.
No political correctness because having a different opinion does not mean your phobic.
No toilet humor or other R-Rated innuendos in TS or Forums. (Last Guild Leader was bad about this, Quote in a forum shoutbox "I need to do a Poo").
Remember I said mature not 18+, you maybe over 18 but still talk like a teenager.

Will switch from BRITTISH NATION to find the right group.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removed inappropriate references.
  • Like 1

From all the time spent with the Dutch Antilles Squadron folks I think you will like it.

I can't recall any situation when all things went overboard inside the community plus the international soul of it makes it a excelent choice.

Great group I must say, and on the bonus side the TS is shared with other groups so there's always a lot going on.

Even now, as I am going freebooter, I am still welcomed there with no problems. Highly recommended for either new comers and veterans and old testers alike.

I'm looking for a English speaking clan.

It has to be MATURE

i.e. is, no swearing in TS, come on we are adults not morons.

Mature topics, REAL LIFE STUFF not my 10 years of EVE playing.

Religion & Geopolitical Talk allowed.

No political correctness because having a different opinion does not mean your phobic.

No toilet humor or other R-Rated innuendos in TS or Forums. (Last Guild Leader was bad about this, Quote in a forum shoutbox "I need to do a Poo").

Remember I said mature not 18+, you maybe over 18 but still talk like a teenager.

Will switch from BRITTISH NATION to find the right group.

Hi aussie 

We have cross paths previously i think on the forums :)

goodluck finding a new home mate

unfortunately based on your checklist we kinda fail all your requirements 

you were SLRN before?

have your tried AUSEZ yet?

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Edited moderated content.
  • Like 1

I give a personal recommendation to Aussie Pastor.  He is a good, warm-hearted person and a very good fighting captain and knowledgable crafter.

Any clan has its culture, and I regret Aussie found SLRN's to be incompatible.  Without commenting on events that transpired, I would define SLRN's culture as close-knit, where there is laughing and fun in TS, and one in which intolerance of any religion, sexual orientation, lifestyle, or race is absolutely not tolerated.

• Like 5

Thank you SLRN Killick and AUSEZ Zeal.

You guys are great at holding an interest group with people from various backgrounds and beliefs.

You guys know that I am a forgiving and humble person, that can "TALK" to anyone or anything.

But when I see leader or leadership that are promoting one thing, like Code of Conduct and have issue with other playing style that is not the same as their own and then go on and become a hypocrite and blame my FAITH, well I know it's time to move on for the sake of the community.

Both of you have great mates that play and I will miss there wisdom, humour and most of all the REAL LIFE stories.

I'll continue to pray for them, but for my SANITY, I had to leave.

As people who know me swearing is not a Faith thing for me it was the circles I grew up in, and I just find constant swearing as a personality trait that is learnt and is not for me, call me an old snob.

Good luck to you guys.

In making my own group?

NO THANK YOU.

IN REAL LIFE looking after Volunteer and Employees of over 1000's was enough.

Let the young, vibrant and full of zeal take the lead of running little clans, it great development building for them.

You all can still get me through my Steam Group in my Signature.

Edited by Aussie Pastor

Best of luck Aussie, it was always fun conversing with you. I'm sure we will see each other in game.

As a reference, Aussie likes to have a good old chin wag as we call it in GB, serious stuff and not childish stuff. Perhaps a German/ English speaking group?

Aye,

Ablert

Edited by Albert

I will recommend Aussie to any clan who wants a skilled ship fighter and avid crafter over level 40 I believe. I think he is is OK with some swearing as long as it doesn't use God's name in vain - at least that was the impression I got.

Thank you guys,

Trying a group NOW.

They have ticked ALL boxes.

Not so hard to find Jones, mature people are out there, just need to find leaders that develop that style of community, not like a group that like to hang out at the "blue oyster".

They are not a Christian guild, but are open minded and not a closed one due to pain or blind faith of old science philosophy.

They are upto date or humble enough to educate themselves.

Your right Magnum a little here and the of a curse word is OK.

Thank you for teaching me the game.

I hope you can still enjoy the game with the new "Flavour" of chat in TS.

What I really can't stand is hypocrisy, it like the ones that call Christians Haters, racist or homophobic.

When EVERYTHING they say smacks of Hate and Intolerance.

I ESPECIALLY Love it when people call me homophobic,

HOW MANY PEOPLE DYING OF AIDS HAVE YOU HELD IN YOUR ARMS?

SPENT HOURS, EVEN SOME DAYS CONSOLING A GREIVING PARTNER?

Also I ca not stand that people think that Being a Christian is like a Disease.

Well the Old book is right, in the last day they will say good is evil and evil is good.

Plus they will lose common sense and reasononing.

I Enjoy playing with you SLRN and AUSEZ guys.

Especially the UK GUYS!!!!

Edited by Aussie Pastor
  • Like 1

Aussie I hear you. I am not religious but do like to have mature people that do not swear every second word when I am on voice. I hate TS as well

because it really does not work well with my desk mic. Other programs are fine. I also find teamspeak lends itself to my other pet hate. People with

no personality simply becoming robotic like they are just more cogs turning in the game with no personality. I find the swearing comes out as a way 

they try to correct that. 

P.S. I am guilty of swearing occasionally especially when we have pulled more ships that we want into battle :P

Disclaimer: I am not saying that I have any personality 

Have you thought of  o_dingo77 clan?

https://www.twitch.tv/o_dingo77

Sir, 

nobody has questioned your faith in these forums

as for your questions - 18 years ago i worked as a volunteer in a hospice 6hours, one day a week - one does not need to be christian to have compassion

let's leave religion on this level out of the clan recruiting thread please

ty

I wasn't talking about you, mate,

I still not talking about religion, I talking about my life, and how people quickly jump to think I'm not aware of other people being compassionate.

It is you that alway did assume to my ignorance not the other way around.

Plus, I was always picked on in SLRN about my faith, my e not to my ears in TS but other people do tell me the hypocrisy that went on.

Especially, the new leadership.

Blaming me for their double standards and blatant homosexual innuendos.

Plus this is not SLRN forums, you don't have to read or reply.

To Destraex,

Yes, my did like to swearing came from growing up in a SNOBBISH area in Sydney, it's called AVALON.

It is where the show "HOME AND AWAY is filmed. Also it is the place that told David Hasselhoff to not bring "BAYWATCH" too.

When you are around, Politician, Surgeons, QC/Barristers, Academic, and people with a higher level of decorum, it does rub off on you, especially when it is in your informative years.

BTW, I have found such a group.

Only meet 8 people out of 100+

So hopefully this thread can now be closed.

PM me like many have, unlike my poor old mate Recluse that always thinks I'm talking about him.

NB// I do talk about his great Cartography skills though, and patience.

Just a note on the whole swearing thing. While you don't have to like it etc... You may find it interesting that studies recently published suggest that those who swear more, actually have a larger vocab and are potentially just as or even more intelligent than their counterparts. Just food for thought.