Game-Labs Forum

Switching to PVP1?

I'm currently weighing on switching to PVP1 due to the dying population on PVP2. If i were to switch to PVP1 how would it really work? im not quite sure on choosing faction and whatnot. Also do you keep XP? I'm generally just lost at what to do on the moment. The general slowness of PVP2 is killing my desire to play the game, but idont want to abandon the server. What should I do?

You have no ability to transfer anything from PvP2 to PvP1.  In fact you aren't really doing anything other than creating a character on that server.  When you log in, you will be the same Rank (both crafting and captain) as you are on PvP2.  Nothing happens to your stuff on PvP2 and will still be there if you ever log in to PvP2. 

You just need to pick which faction you want to play.

• Like 1

If all the people would stop following the lemming train there would not be or never would been this population problem.

Just stop leaving and the population will increase.

Why stay on a near dead/ dead server?

If there was no issue with PVP2 to start with few would be leaving it.

If all the people would stop following the lemming train there would not be or never would been this population problem.

Just stop leaving and the population will increase.

There's 1700 players on PVP1 and 200 players on PVP2 right now.

How the population will magically increase if players sit bored on PVP2 you need to actually explain.

I'm currently weighing on switching to PVP1 due to the dying population on PVP2. If i were to switch to PVP1 how would it really work?

im not quite sure on choosing faction and whatnot. Also do you keep XP? I'm generally just lost at what to do on the moment. The general slowness of PVP2 is killing my desire to play the game, but idont want to abandon the server. What should I do?

Switching servers is pretty simple. There are some things you should take into account before/ while doing this.

Battle rank and crafting XP are tied to your steam account, meaning that if you switch servers you will still have your rank and crafting xp.

At the same time this means that everything besides your name/ battle rank ( xp)/ and crafting xp will be not on pvp1. Your money , ships, modules etc etc will not be there.

You kinda have answered your own question already about what to do, you are on a PVP server, and you concluded the population is dying. In other words you know in order to get pvp what you like you would have to switch servers.

About factions, that is entirely up to you.

There's 1700 players on PVP1 and 200 players on PVP2 right now.

How the population will magically increase if players sit bored on PVP2 you need to actually explain.

You both missed the point.

Why stay on a near dead/ dead server?

If there was no issue with PVP2 to start with few would be leaving it.

• Like 1

The game is bleeding players so even if there were no switching pvp2 would still be dying, just a bit slowly. Until the devs so something to either draw in more players or add incentives to stay, the need for 4 servers will become less revelant. The whole active population right now fits on a single server.

As much as it pains me to say it, and I certainly don't want to switch, a week from now pvp2 will be so dead it will be pointless to even play there.

My clan is sticking it out for now but we already are down to a 3rd of what we had 2 weeks ago... People are playing other games cause a 250 pop server on a saturday night is boring no matter how hard you want to believe the opposite.

I am big advocate for PvP2, but it's clear to me that PvP2 as a server is dead comparatively speaking to PvP1. Out of curiosity I joined the British on PvP1 and you would not believe how uplifting it feels seeing hundreds of players sailing in and out of Port Royal, responding to huge Danish/Pirate incursions on Jamaica itself. Seeing strategies completely change to account for the massive player counts and limited battles, it was truly something I've never seen before. I joined PvP2 with the intention of it being my main server, but I unfortunately think that barely being able to get 10 players together for a port battle using your national chat just isn't the way this game was meant to be enjoyed. The ping difference is truly not much of an issue at ~100 ping and I feel like the world is actually threatening.

To those who are considering transferring completely from PvP2, I'd recommend doing as I have and still use PvP2's sparse population to your own benefit and enjoy ample amounts of cheap resources to farm your crafting level up (along with combat xp, if you need a safe haven). As for actual PvP engagements and caring about the world map, it simply just makes more sense for there to be one single server for a game like this.

I feel it would be better for the community if we were all on one server, pvp1 reaches around 1700 during prime time down from 2500 just a few weeks back. the more players we have in each nation the better the experience will be for us all. Unless you enjoy sailing for hours without any action of course. 

• Like 1

you keep your level and crafting level, your crafting hours may or may not get reset to 0. 

you lose any blueprints you had access to, and you start with 0$ and a basic cutter, so you cant do missions at first if you're higher level. 

it seems mrdoomed you and most people have different lines of thinking it seems only your view on things is the right one but in this case you are wrong again pvp2 is a dead server that is why my whole clan moved to pvp1 last week and in 1 nite we were all in 3rd rates or what ever ship the player wanted 

sure we dont have our crafters leveled yet but we all have about 500k in less than 4 days so this wont take to long

there only needs to be one pvp server and one pve server maybe the admin will wake up and see his lovely game is dieing and make the hard choices he has to make or continue down this road and have no on playing in a month or so

Edited by Atomic Moose

it seems mrdoomed you and most people have different lines of thinking it seems only your view on things is the right one but in this case you are wrong again pvp2 is a dead server that is why my whole clan moved to pvp1 last week and in 1 nite we were all in 3rd rates or what ever ship the player wanted

sure we dont have our crafters leveled yet but we all have about 500k in less than 4 days so this wont take to long

there only needs to be one pvp server and one pve server maybe the admin will wake up and see his lovely game is dieing and make the hard choices he has to make or continue down this road and have no on playing in a month or so

*Even more trolling*

One of the issues I believe some of the players in pvp2 are worried they can't hack it on a server with a much larger player base.

Ironically, the rumor going around is that what started the migration on the US side is a certain major clan got rocked in PvP and lost major assets.  Seems like they decided to go be smaller fish in a larger pond because they couldn't hack maintaining top dog status in PvP2.

The PvP2 players that are staying, and there are quite a few of us, are simply more forward thinking.

While you all wasted days getting yourselves back up to ships you can continue to progress in, we've been making (using myself as an example) 750k gold and 15k xp per day.  Crafting resources are everywhere at rock bottom prices, so we're not spending much time grinding just to level crafting either.  This has allowed us to also do more PvP while levelling crafting and xp as fast as possible.  Sure there's not as much PvP as on The EU server, but everyone knows exactly where to get it and there are great fights happening between the US->Pirate->GB love triangle.

Those that switched are shortsighted I believe since there is likely to be a wipe anyway.  Those that stayed will be further ahead comparatively in progress that is likely not to be wiped.  

Ironically, the rumor going around is that what started the migration on the US side is a certain major clan got rocked in PvP and lost major assets.  Seems like they decided to go be smaller fish in a larger pond because they couldn't hack maintaining top dog status in PvP2.

The PvP2 players that are staying, and there are quite a few of us, are simply more forward thinking.

While you all wasted days getting yourselves back up to ships you can continue to progress in, we've been making (using myself as an example) 750k gold and 15k xp per day.  Crafting resources are everywhere at rock bottom prices, so we're not spending much time grinding just to level crafting either.  This has allowed us to also do more PvP while levelling crafting and xp as fast as possible.  Sure there's not as much PvP as on The EU server, but everyone knows exactly where to get it and there are great fights happening between the US->Pirate->GB love triangle.

Those that switched are shortsighted I believe since there is likely to be a wipe anyway.  Those that stayed will be further ahead comparatively in progress that is likely not to be wiped.

Actually I had the foresight to anticipate this very issue and started and stayed on PVP1

Actually I had the foresight to anticipate this very issue and started and stayed on PVP1

Good call on your part.  My comments were directed more toward the poor soul below. Took 4 days to get 500k?  Ouch.  Definitely sticking with PvP2 until the situation is clear regarding wipes.

Edited by Fizzer