Game-Labs Forum

Ceasefire for Belgium

mouse of war

It is a deplorable event, but... this game is an escape from the real world. Should we agree to one, anyone that didn't get the memo will just be angering those who did.

The logistics would be impossible, and the increase in depression and frustration in the player base would make the idea a net loss.

I suggest everyone making remembrances in their own way - thoughts, prayers, donations to relief societies, volunteering, or even not at all if that is how people choose to handle the often cruel and fickle fate that is this world.

• Like 6

I sincerely feel for the people involved in the drama today.

Yet this raises several issues, will we have a ceasefire for the Russian plane that went down?

For the bombs in Ankara?

The attack on Paris?

We continued playing those days as well.

With all due respect, there are ways to show your commitment, having an ingame cease fire might not be the best course of action.

• Like 22

As long as we let terrorists affect our lives, they are succeeding. Show them we dont give a f*ck to meaningless violence. This is no disrespect to the victims. They would surely do the same and support it if they could. 

Edited by Porpoise

Our hearts go out to Belgium.If you are personally struck by this tragedy then you have my condolences and sympathy.

However, this tragedy has no impact on most of the population of Naval Action.

We, DAS, shall continue our war effort against the Swedish aggressor.

I'd like to put some emphasis on Steel's remark here. There have been a number of tragedy's across the globe that we did not do this for. There are other, better ways to show your support and sympathy for Belgium if you'd want. Ingame, in Naval Action, is not the way.

• Like 2

First- our condolences to all Belgians. We do feel for you guys in this hour.

as a background, Sweden agreed to a 24 hour ceasefire requested by dutch diplomats, which was canceled in only 30 minutes later by the dutch. No hard feelings from us, we understand that making decisions in a game is not priority for many people right now.

If there is no ceasefire, as Steelsandwich says in another thread just now:
"With all due respect, there are ways to show your commitment, having an in-game cease fire might not be the best course of action."

This means there is a war, and we will wage war with all means.

Let me underscore that we are at any time ready to discuss both a ceasefire, and a generous peace with the dutch whenever they want to. 

First- our condolences to all Belgians. We do feel for you guys in this hour.

as a background, Sweden agreed to a 24 hour ceasefire requested by dutch diplomats, which was canceled in only 30 minutes later by the dutch. No hard feelings from us, we understand that making decisions in a game is not priority for many people right now.

If there is no ceasefire, as Steelsandwich says in another thread just now:

"With all due respect, there are ways to show your commitment, having an in-game cease fire might not be the best course of action."

This means there is a war, and we will wage war with all means.

Let me underscore that we are at any time ready to discuss both a ceasefire, and a generous peace with the dutch whenever they want to. 

The King Approves.

Edited by King Gustavus Adolphus

Perhaps the best thing we can do in light of what has happened in Belgium is to remember that Naval Action is only a game and, therefore, try to treat each other with a little more courtesy and kindness - especially here on the forums.

I agree with the sentiments expressed earlier that by changing what we do, we give the terrorists some form of victory.

Prayers and love to Belgium and all those affected.

• Like 3

No.

I guess the Great Eastern War is now beyond a reasonable end other than cannon fire and port conquest.

Indeed it will be You, Swedish Nation, that will approach the Dutch representatives soon enough.

i dont understand where all the confidece comes from. U didnt win any offensive pbs in this war yet. The one u got was due to swarm tactics but do u honestly think u can win like that :)

Edited by Dala

i dont understand where all the confidece comes from. U didnt win any offensive pbs in this war yet. The one u got was due to swarm tactics but do u honestly think u can win like that :)

There is a distinct difference between thinking and knowing, good sir.

Edited by Lytse Pier

serious? are we now on the same level as the brits? just flaming and taking everything personal etc.?

guys we had great rvr/pvp the last weeks... please keep in mind that this is a game!

I was really happy and proud that we treated each other with respect during the past weeks... so please keep this kind of personal forum-war out of the game... there shouldnt be room for a personal vendetta!

We didnt go into this war with the goal of destoying the dutch. But i guess u need to do that in this game. Pol are so proud and refuse to admit defeat.

so i sönder how is pvp ever goin to be just pvp. Is it always goin to come down to bitter endings. Is that really fun