Game-Labs Forum

PVP1 - The Empire Strikes back!

JCDC

While, there is no "safe zone".

I don't think it's actually a good thing to actually pursue every guy you face.

Maybe make some neutral ground? Or warning on the chat about the risk?

Some guys don't read the forum and some are actually new. They don't always know what's going on around them.

This is a sandbox. Your nation is here to protect the "safezones" for your low level players. If your Flag Captains and Admirals let us to kill smaller ships right at your doorstep, it is only their failure to protect their own territory.

I am pyrat for a reason. I seek ships to kill and plunder solo or in small group. I do not participate in port battles because I do not want to be someones monkey. The experienced players should seek and destroy outlaws like me, not crying that I am preying on newbs or smaller ships. 

PS: The Snow I killed tagged me (I had no intention to engage him) and the brig was actually a Post Captain. Yes, I have captured an AFK player, but who goes AFK in sandbox, deserves to die, or lose assets. This game is all about OW awareness. There were Trincos and Renommees out there and they did not even try to help their mates just because they are scared of PVP in anything else than captured AI 3rd rate. Cheers.

Edited by Porpoise

Tbf Porpoise most likely those players who actually do focus on PvP were out attacking Danish ports at the time you were doing this.

And when you make mention of chasing after other ships by yourself or with a group, all that springs to mind is the broken mission-entry mechanics and the mission-ganking that both Pirates and Danish seem so beloved to do. Pretty certain there would be Pirate players complaining if we were doing the exact same outside of Mortimer's Town.

Tbf Porpoise most likely those players who actually do focus on PvP were out attacking Danish ports at the time you were doing this.

And when you make mention of chasing after other ships by yourself or with a group, all that springs to mind is the broken mission-entry mechanics and the mission-ganking that both Pirates and Danish seem so beloved to do. Pretty certain there would be Pirate players complaining if we were doing the exact same outside of Mortimer's Town.

Well the Swedish and US do the same in our waters. I am not a friend of the current mission entry mechanics. I think 2 minutes timer is OK, but all sides should be able to join. Btw. I engaged only 1 player in his mission and it was a frigate. I do not now how, but he managed to dissangage instantly right after the battle started. 

Yes sure, taking out Belle Poule and Cutter with Renommee is seal clubbing and what the hell are you talking about? No fighting zone? I must laugh into your face sir.

All of them got 2 minutes to receive help from your mighty nation, but your Trincos and Frigs were just too scared to PVP and help them out. 

You are just gank nation, nothing more, nothing less. The only thing that Britain achieved was destroying the Spanish super underpopulated nation. Your war effort against Pirates or Danes proves that.

The admin made it clear yesterday that attacking ships in the protection zone of a capital is not allowed. There will also be a hotfix that will make it so no ships can attack in the capital zone soon too. 

The admin made it clear yesterday that attacking ships in the protection zone of a capital is not allowed. There will also be a hotfix that will make it so no ships can attack in the capital zone soon too. 

Weird, british navy used to come to Mortimer as big fleet and gank every small ships there before, maybe I m wrong but I havent seen any pirate post complained about it on the forums yet, we just learnt to deal with that, now for the first time Port Royal is in the same case and alot complained post on the forums and the rule will be changed. ;)

Edited by thp

Weird, british navy used to come to Mortimer as big fleet and gank every small ships there before, maybe I m wrong but I havent seen any pirate post complained about it on the forums yet, we just learnt to deal with that, now for the first time Port Royal is in the same case and alot complained post on the forums and the rule will be changed. ;)

Why would we complain? We welcome the fight.

• Like 1

This is a sandbox. Your nation is here to protect the "safezones" for your low level players. If your Flag Captains and Admirals let us to kill smaller ships right at your doorstep, it is only their failure to protect their own territory.

I am pyrat for a reason. I seek ships to kill and plunder solo or in small group. I do not participate in port battles because I do not want to be someones monkey. The experienced players should seek and destroy outlaws like me, not crying that I am preying on newbs or smaller ships. 

PS: The Snow I killed tagged me (I had no intention to engage him) and the brig was actually a Post Captain. Yes, I have captured an AFK player, but who goes AFK in sandbox, deserves to die, or lose assets. This game is all about OW awareness. There were Trincos and Renommees out there and they did not even try to help their mates just because they are scared of PVP in anything else than captured AI 3rd rate. Cheers.

Your a pirate, a scum, and you don't deserve to be listened too, in fact who permitted that Pirate to speak? I DEMAND ANSWER! THE GUARD DON'T DO THERE DUTY!. I'll hang you myself if I haven't had better stuff to do like reaching the rank 10 and getting that Victory! :P

PS: Pirate scum²!

It's not about nation, it's just about not being a Dick. ;)

buuuuhuuuuuuu, poor Brits! :(

All nations have probably done it, but i guess the safe zone is being implemented to protect the newer players.

It's not to protect the new players. According to the complaints that lead to this, it is for the protection of experienced players from being dragged into battle by brave new players. The british admirals don't want scratches to their shiny new ships. Maybe they construct their Victorys in fir wood?