Game-Labs Forum

The Dutch Consortium

icceman

idMMrTt.jpg

Please be kindly informed that The Dutch Consortium has been created in agreement with all Dutch clans.

This democratic council will unite all Dutch clans to stand as one nation and resolve any internal or external problems.

Following humble clans are taking part in this idea:

- DAS

- DKF

- PFK

- DKK

- VOC / IVOCI

- LIONS

- BOAT

- DWIC

- CAP

- DSL

- VBROS

- RL

- RNN

- DEGC

Contacts list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10SK7cmuAQim0c3aPYzIzjcko2W8C5ZPUMGqVlO8Yfg8/pubhtml?gid=1733749448&single=true

Edited by icceman
  • Like 10

Seventh day of March, Year of Our Saviour, two thousand and sixteen

to the most esteemed and respectable Secretary General of the Dutch Consortium

Representatives and most Honorable Delegates and Officials of the United Provinces

I have received the news of the establishment of the Consortium on our most Eastern colony at Terre-de-Bas after returning from a sanctioned action of reprisal against Swedish shipping and held territories, which can be traced by charts, presented and freely consulted at our most beloved Naval Academy at Macanao, as not being part of their Colonial Enterprises, as such and through contacts at St. Petersburg the same exact information is also present in the official documents in Europe.

This incursions served entirely as a measure of counting sheep after the success, which my most honorable patrons, which will remain unidentified, against the British shipping along San Domingo coast and which yielded no less than a share of 1,000 pounds in gold, roughly 10 years navy salary.

But I digress and for that reason I must apologize.

Directly to the subject at hand. I, as a citizen of the United Provinces and captain of the Antilles fleet, feel, that despite we being represented in the consortium by our own Delegates, all the other honest and hard working free men and women of this nation are being, violently and without precedent, coerced to join organizations to make their voice heard.

As such I expect this Consortium to deliver the exact measure of justice and equality as proffered in our Liberal Constitution that rules our right to these colonies and the establishment of a New Holland in this new world.

Not all organizations are listed. Not all interests are represented. The Guild of Traders, the House of Shipwrights and above all the Common Citizen is not represented.

Liberty. Equality. Progress.

Your most faithful servant of the Nation,

Privateer Captain Hethwill Eskeath

port colony Terre-de-Bas

A bundle of seven arrows,  concordia res parvae crescunt.

To the members of the Dutch "Staten-Generaal".

As expected, in large communities, as a game nation, there is always dissension, and political issues need to be solved. Blessed is a nation in were citizens and parties have the possibility to be critical and take care regarding their own business. Differences of opinion, political struggle, internal disputes creating amusing troubles, to fight and play with emotions due good role play at the relevant part of the forum, sharping our creativity, is fun if we are only hostile to game characters, but never to the person behind the game character. As making war at sea is fun ..  sitting in a warm room with a cup of coffee or a good meal in front of your screen. Al these elements at sea and on the role play forum creates the very lively game experience I like.

Gentlemen and ladies, members of the Dutch Staten-Generaal. The history of your house of representives goes back to 1464, when Philips III of Burgundy called the representitives of the 17th provinces of the Burgundian confederation together. The same as the Burgundian nation was a decental managed state due the autonomy of its 17 provinces, also the seven provinces of Dutch Republic (the states of Gelderland, Holland, Zeeland, Utrecht, Friesland, Overijssel, Groningen and surroundings.. and the territories (Generaliteitslanden) of the republic is a confederal ruled nation. 

The diversity of interests, served by the Staten-Generaal, is symbolized in the Dutch coat of arms by the Dutch lion, holding in one of its claws a bundle of 7 arrows, representing the autonomy and the rights of the individual provinces. The Staten-Generaal (States-General) is the house of representives of the autonomous provinces, in the game in fact the acting as clans,  to find solutions to overcome the internal differences of opion and interest inside our nation. My best wishes to you all. I hope to see not only many warfare actions at sea but also a lot of good political drama in our parliament. 

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players - Shakespeare.

With regards Captain Swieb.

Edited by Swieb

Very soon you will be the Batavian Consortium.

Looking forward to working with you!

" I picked a crown from the gutter and placed it upon my head! " - Panoleon Ponabarte

​Monsieur deGrim,

​The sublevations that might have swept the French Nation colonies have naught but been looked upon with contempt by the good citizens of the United Provinces.

​We shall trade ourselves into a glorious future alongside the other Nations of the caribbean as the most gallant and diplomatic of all and nothing short of brave and gallant.

I hope this council wil not be like real dutch politics. then we are doomed 

Naah, don't worry, it'll be nothing like Dutch politics. We're a multinational group within the Vereenigde Provincien, with Germans, Polish, Belgians, Cheese-heads, Greeks, Spanish, British, etc. Safer to say it'll be more like European politics.  :wacko:  ;)

• Like 1

Naah, don't worry, it'll be nothing like Dutch politics. We're a multinational group within the Vereenigde Provincien, with Germans, Polish, Belgians, Cheese-heads, Greeks, Spanish, British, etc. Safer to say it'll be more like European politics.  :wacko:  ;)

Not much better imo... ;)

• Like 1