Game-Labs Forum

Moderators nations and servers

Zisme

No thank you.  Players are too fast to scream bias on the mods that have published their nations.  Those that have not are better able to moderate from a neutral standpoint.  Admin has this information, as too do the other moderators and staff.  This is not information that needs to be published.

• Like 3

.. and for what reason would you need that?

You see green names and will know he is a moderator.

Also Many mods are using an alternative name in game to stay a bit icognito.

I dont want to loose that status.

I dont need to be the "bad mod" 24/7.

When I play I want fun. Not 100 messages aimed at me in no time.

its called transparency...you hide the information for what reason..how many mods play pirate on EU1?   vs the other nations. how many mods are on the EU server, how many are on the other servers. this should not be kept secret. if you mods thinks so why?why is this so hard to find out. This should all be published and not be kept a secret...I dont get why you want to stay hidden when you want to be a mod and help people...and you are playing under an alias...that is sketchy.

Edited by Zisme

Why do you want it to be transparent?  Why does it need to be so?

Why is it so hard to find out how many mods are pirate vs the other nations on EU1? how many play brits or US? the only mods i have seen  play US. How many play pirate? or Swedes ect..how many are on EU1. it shouldn't be hidden. Maybe if an admin would respond and not all the mods that want to stay hidden...( why bother responding to me anyway). I would have a better understanding of this. 

Edited by Zisme

its called transparency...you hide the information for what reason..how many mods play pirate on EU1?   vs the other nations. how many mods are on the EU server, how many are on the other servers. this should not be kept secret. if you mods thinks so why?why is this so hard to find out. This should all be published and not be kept a secret...I dont get why you want to stay hidden when you want to be a mod and help people...and you are playing under an alias...that is sketchy.

This should be up to each individual Mod. My own opinion is that nobody NEEDS to know this information for a Mod to be able to do their job. If you are implying that there may be some bias due to Mods playing for a particular nationality on a particular server then you need to provide evidence for each particular Mod you are suspicious of. Publishing such information 'just because' is neither useful nor of benefit to the game overall. If you think otherwise, I would be curious to see your reasons.

Rdited because 'curious' is a more accurate word than 'happy'

Edited by Joe Spivey

Why is it so hard to find out how many mods are pirate vs the other nations on EU1? how many play brits or US? the only mods i have seen  play US. How many play pirate? or Swedes ect..how many are on EU1. it shouldn't be hidden. Maybe if an admin would respond and not all the mods that want to stay hidden...( why bother responding to me anyway). I would have a better understanding of this. 

There is no reason such info shall be given, the moderator will not be partial in the matter (they cant as they always keep in touch in different matters). There is a spread on moderators across all nations on EU1. Some moderators play more then other. Currentley Game Labs is looking for moderators to the other servers to. http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11261-moderator-taking-sides-open-positions/

Its up to the moderators (which is doing their job for free) if they want to go out with which nation they play for or if they play in a clan etc.

I personally don't have any issues with the mods at this time. I have had only 1 interaction and was surprised to see 2 mods playing US and in a port battle. part of the reason is there is a perceived bias..and I wanted to see how many mods played and for what nations.So I can reassure myself about fairness. but you cant find this information out. and know you might not even know their real play name..which is super bizarre. I have been a mod before. I know what its like. I play Navyfield for years and was on the mod team. I know what its like to be inundated with 1000 questions and not get to play..but i know we all where out there and not hiding behind an alias. If the mod comes from the player base then they should be known to everyone. all their information. If they worked directly for Games-labs then I can understand why they remain in the dark. 

Look,There will always be a perceived bias, you wont get away from that ever. but if all this information is out there and people can see.well their are mods on all nations, it would help put people at ease ..but to me its all secret and no accountability at this point except they will police themselves. I cant trust this since I don't know who is on want nation nor can anyone find out. 

Edited by Zisme

...I know what its like. I play Navyfield for years and was on the mod team. I know what its like to be inundated with 1000 questions and not get to play..but i know we all where out there and not hiding behind an alias...

Hey I played NF too :D The original version. Proud member of Britannia Fleet. Don't recall much in the way of moderation in the battles though. Within the fleets, yes. But in the arena, not so much. But anyway, you still haven't exactly given a reason. So there is a perceived bias? But by how many and for what reasons? That alone is not a reason, it is an assumption, a feeling. You really need more that a 'perception' to warrant the divulgence of personal information from the volunteer mods.

• AgeAge Unknown
  • BirthdayBirthday Unknown

Why are you hiding your birthday? It's sketchy, man... it shouldn't be hidden! Transparency, man! You volunteered to play this game!

Be frank - are you a 4 years old genius baby? You better come clean, man! You better come clean!

• Like 2

Why are you hiding your birthday? It's sketchy, man... it shouldn't be hidden! Transparency, man! You volunteered to play this game!

Be frank - are you a 4 years old genius baby? You better come clean, man! You better come clean!

wow,,this is very constructive and helps the conversation how?

It pokes some fun at you, instead of straight up showing your hypocrisy - as you yourself hide behind an alias and hide information about yourself, yet expect moderators to give up their privacy.

It was the lesser of two evils.

• Like 2

So I ma having a conversation and poking fun at me move this along how? and I am not asking them out on a date. I am asking them game relevant information. so please take your trolling to another thread.. you are not making any point. nor am I being a hypocrite. 

So I ma having a conversation and poking fun at me move this along how? and I am not asking them out on a date. I am asking them game relevant information. so please take your trolling to another thread.. you are not making any point. nor am I being a hypocrite.

No, he is making a point, you just don't agree with it.

There is no need for transparency and they do not have to reveal their information, allegiance, etc. unless they want to. Why is that so hard to grasp? This isn't the presidential election, it's pixel ships and the mods are 100% volunteer.