Game-Labs Forum

Clan [OE] players on PVP1 killing 3rd rate while boarding

As stated in the topic two players of Clan [OE] named Angelique and TR Squad No 7  attacked the 3rd-rate my teammate was boarding for several minutes. As a result of permanent fire the 3rd rate was sunk by their gunfire before boarding was completed. Screenshots attached.

Completely inacceptable behaviour as this is not the first time they are trolling around people.

post-17119-0-97558000-1456944866_thumb.jpg

post-17119-0-18562700-1456944874_thumb.jpg

I wonder, was this a fleet instance with  a lot of people in it?

Did you guys ask if it was ok to board one of the 3rd rates in  the instance? Its worth noting not everyone will be ok with such an activity when they might be trying to kill the ships for xp  (i think you still get an assist even if its capped though? cant remember the mechanic rule)  I personally think its best to discuss how the fleet will be finished at the start of the instance.

I wonder, was this a fleet instance with  a lot of people in it?

Did you guys ask if it was ok to board one of the 3rd rates in  the instance? Its worth noting not everyone will be ok with such an activity when they might be trying to kill the ships for xp  (i think you still get an assist even if its capped though? cant remember the mechanic rule)  I personally think its best to discuss how the fleet will be finished at the start of the instance.

I think main reason he protest is chance of igniting. It could not only prevent you from boarding, but sink your ship also

• 2 weeks later...

Common sense says: Don't board in a public ai battle where everyone can benefit from xp and gold.

Best way for you and the community would be to go in a mission where they spawn.

Hope that a 3rd rate spawns instead of 2 consti and cap it that way.

That way you don't take away important xp given by kill/assist.

You pirates all mad that pirates are acting all pirate-y again?! Arrrrr. And all that pirate stuff.

Probably more mad because people are breaking the rules. There is a difference to being Piratey and intentionally going avainst a games rules to grief someone.

I've had the same thing happening to me multiple times while trying to capture ships, that the ship was sunk by other players in the instance. By the way AI does this all the time too. They will sink a ship while you are boarding 10 out of 10 times if they have enough firepower and you don't block their line of fire. 

While I presume the specific instances that you are reporting contain behaviour that warrants reporting, generally speaking the specific behaviour of sinking a ship that others are boarding is no reason to report or be angry. Whenever this happens to me, which is almost every day playing for denmark-norway, I can understand the other players' perspectives. While a simple explanation can be that if you are in a smaller ship capturing a larger one, other players may think that it is actually the AI pulling you and be trying to save you. This is however not usually a viable excuse. But boarding a 3rd rate takes quite some time even after graping a lot. If you are in a fleet instance it is not entirely polite to make other players wait around for 3-10 minutes after the battle should have been over, for you to capture yourself a 3rd rate. At the very least this would have to be agreed upon at the beginning of the fight, and then only a request to be acknowledged if you were the ones initiating the feet instance, and not the other players. They would in the other case have the prerogative to decide how the fight should progress. 

By capturing a ship you may also prevent other players in the battle from getting enough shots at that ship to get an assist out of it, which is not entirely polite either. But most particularly it is the issue of having them wait around for you to capture a ship - which you could have done in any mission rather than with other players around - and also the delaying of the fleet respawning for everyone to have another go at it. Whenever I play a fleet with only members of my own clan, I can always agree with them beforehand to capture one or more of the ships. This can also be arranged with other friendly clans, if english is a common language. But whenever you are sitting there capturing a ship when every other enemy ship is sunk, it is understandable that the other players want to sink the ship and get it over with rather than wait around doing nothing.

We dont board unless we are in a battle with only our own clan. 

I have only struck it once in another battle where even the guy i was helping shot me several times though I disabled the ship wished him a good day just to pee him off.

I never board anything now unless Ai only present